Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 08:39 PM

8,103 posts, read 6,745,378 times

Advertisements

The seat-mate should have JJ 'Jake' Gittes him with one if those plastic airplane knives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2016, 09:00 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,027,735 times
why would you be snooping that much into what someone else is lookin at on their phone. dudes probably a peeping tom also.

Old 11-28-2016, 09:00 PM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
This Kong movie looks well made. If they can pull off a movie about giant monsters, they should do one on global warming.

Old 11-28-2016, 09:45 PM

435 posts, read 430,388 times
I read the tweets. Wow. And what a hypocrite.

How in one tweet can Mr. Vogt-Roberts say, "Let people live their lives as long as they're not inflicting harm upon others. Give everyone the same rights. This is basis sheeit..."

And then in real life he continually stalks and tweets about how some fat man (his words not mine) on the plane was listening to the wrong airplane music, was drinking too much coffee and red wine, was liking stories about Trumps cabinet appointments, didn't like Kapernick, had too much right wing stuff in his feed, and on, and on, and on.

So much for letting people live their lives Mr. Vogt-Roberts. You put Mrs. Kravitz to shame!

Old 11-28-2016, 09:58 PM

435 posts, read 430,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
The director of the upcoming "Kong: Skull Island" was on a Sunday flight when he noticed his seat-mate was browsing through his alt-right Facebook feeds.

Apparently he closely monitored what this guy was browsing, constantly updating it through tweets.

On one hand, what's his business sticking his nose into someone else's private browsing? He clearly seemed to be quite aggressive and escalating the situation. And his constant tweeting makes him seem like an immature brat.

On the other hand, the seat-mate was clearly a drunken jerk. I sense that he is the type of person that does things like this just to provoke and bait people, and he clearly did that here. Sure, no one is saying you have to look closely at what others are doing, but in that type of environment, it tends to happen.

I myself would never browse material that could be highly offensive to others. When I fly, I simply watch the online movie, or read kindle books on my phone. I don't display politics, I don't do any of that. Why can't more people be respectful of others, on all sides?

'Kong: Skull Island' director live-tweets ugly confrontation with alt-right plane seatmate
I agree with you on the bolded but what really struck me as strange was he was tweeting and making fun of things like what music the guy was listening to, what movie he was watching, how he ate his cookie? It was really beyond obsessive.

Also, I will also state that proper airplane etiquette is to NOT look at your fellow passengers phone screens or computer screens. Sure you may inadvertently see stuff, but staring is an airplane taboo. Anybody flying first class knows this. Mr. Director was clearly exploiting a private situation to support his own personal agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies