Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 08:14 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,740,196 times

Advertisements

All I know is you guys are giving me the munchies (just kidding, 5 years ago sure).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2016, 08:15 PM

2,339 posts, read 2,071,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Uhm, yes it is. Hundreds of thousands of people don't die every year from COPD, lung cancer and related pneumonia from smoking weed. I've been in nursing for eight years now and haven't seen one marijuana-related case of heart attack, stroke or any of the chronic lung diseases I mentioned.
If you haven't come across it then it must not exist. Thank you for enlightening me. That link is from a government website, no doubt they did their homework, poured over the research, asked medical professionals and drug experts, and then wrote the article. But they got it all wrong. Thank you. Thank you for your expert opinion, nurse.

Old 11-28-2016, 08:16 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Because you haven't seen someone chain smoke weed? Get real. It happens. Even a bong doesn't clean it up that much.
Not even Snoop Dog chain smokes weed. If you've seen people chain smoking cannabis, perhaps they need a better supply. Quality cannabis, it takes less to achieve the desired effects, meaning you need less to get there.

Talk about getting real: in the history of humanity, there have been zero deaths directly from cannabis consumption.

Old 11-28-2016, 08:18 PM

217 posts, read 208,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
But stress free.
That's not necessarily true. Drugs effect people differently. The past few times i have smoked (it's probably been twice this past year) I experienced paranoia and self consciousness. Smoking weed probably adds to my stress if anything.

I honestly don't care if it is legalized or not. Bud is very easy to obtain either way.

Old 11-28-2016, 08:18 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,638,096 times
Quote:
Because you haven't seen someone chain smoke weed? Get real. It happens. Even a bong doesn't clean it up that much.
Nope. Never.

You've never used cannabis, have you?

Old 11-28-2016, 08:21 PM

50,308 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
Nope. Never.

You've never used cannabis, have you?
Used to all the time. Old GF used to blunt or jipe before work, then all day every day. She sounded like a man last time I talked to her. I lived in PB for twenty years, stoners every complex with mommy and daddy money that didn't have to work.

Old 11-28-2016, 08:23 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zortation View Post
If you haven't come across it then it must not exist. Thank you for enlightening me. That link is from a government website, no doubt they did their homework, poured over the research, asked medical professionals and drug experts, and then wrote the article. But they got it all wrong. Thank you. Thank you for your expert opinion, nurse.
Your assertion "it's no different from tobacco" is false and backed by no data, scientific or anecdotal. You're welcome, dude.

Old 11-28-2016, 08:25 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,638,096 times
Quote:
Used to all the time. Old GF used to blunt or jipe before work, then all day every day. She sounded like a man last time I talked to her. I lived in PB for twenty years, stoners every complex with mommy and daddy money that didn't have to work.
I've known dozens of users over the years and none of them chain smoked.

I'd cite her case as an outlier.

Old 11-28-2016, 08:27 PM

21,544 posts, read 8,727,966 times
Quote:
Because people don't usually chain smoke weed. It only takes a small amount to achieve the desired effect, and it lasts for hours. Also, cannabis isn't inherently addictive like tobacco so you are not going to be inhaling the equivalent of two packs a day into your lungs like a cigarette smoker.

Of course some people are prone to psychological dependence and will smoke cannabis all day long (which increases your tolerance), but these people are decidedly in the minority. I knew a guy at work who smoked hash every day and eventually developed cancer. He had to have so much surgery on his mouth and throat that he could no longer eat, was bedridden and had to be fed from a tube for the rest of his life. It was terribly sad. So yes, smoking any substance is not without risks.

The key, as with so many other things, is moderation.

Old 11-28-2016, 08:33 PM

50,308 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
Because people don't usually chain smoke weed. It only takes a small amount to achieve the desired effect, and it lasts for hours. Also, cannabis isn't inherently addictive like tobacco so you are not going to be inhaling the equivalent of two packs a day into your lungs like a cigarette smoker.

Of course some people are prone to psychological dependence and will smoke cannabis it all day long, but these people are decidedly in the minority. I knew a guy at work who smoked hash every day and eventually developed cancer. He had to have so much surgery on his mouth and throat that he could no longer eat, was bedridden and had to be fed from a tube for the rest of his life. It was terribly sad. So yes, smoking any substance is not without risks.

The key, as with so many other things, is moderation.
Just like alcohol. Guess how many alcoholics there are. Weed can be just as bad as alcohol, I've seen it. The thing is, most that get stoned don't just "get stoned". Most party with it. I had roomies that would use weed to come down from coke or crank. Yes, that is an extreme example but far more did this than I ever expected. Regardless, don't kid yourself that inhaling smoke is safe because it isn't.

My point being, go ahead and do it but don't try and make excuses to the point you think it's "good" for you because that's ridiculous. Be defiant and hope for the best but don't make claims you are going to be invincible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies