Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 10:03 AM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuit_head View Post
Just because you (and other conservatives) like to pretend this ugly part of American history doesn't exist doesn't mean it didn't happen. Perhaps because you probably benefit from it to an extent...

Yes, this country have ugly parts in its past. As does every country on Earth. I can't personally see how White conservatives are benefiting from those ugly happenings today. Quite the opposite. I can't fathom how being seen negatively based on skin tone, who one has relationships with, socio-economically economic views, etc is any kind of advantage. Straight, White male and leaning to the right translates automatically to racist, homophobic corporate schill.

At least that's how leftists and their media goons present the picture so as to encourage such predjudices. It's gotten to be quite old and tired. I'm not a hard right conservative nor a Republican. Dropped the latter and went independent about 15 years ago. I can tell you with supreme con icon that as a straight, White male I surely don't have anything resembling priveledge nor have I ever received, nor expected, any sort of preferential treatment just because of the aforementioned 3 qualities. I have been discriminated against for them however.

Ironically I was severely punished on my last job for supposedly promoting "racism" . It was total BS, but certain management types wanted me gone because I was quite loud about their ...misconduct...concerning women in the workforce.
They wanted, actually needed, me silenced and discredited. So a certain minority person swore out a statement, was given a promotion and a family member given a position in her dept, and me? Lol, I just up and quit as I saw the writing on the wall. I do believe that this race/class card is no more than a tool of convenience. When one is a straight, White , male leaning right, accusations equal guilt out of the gate. Equal rights? White priveledge? More like special rights and minority priveledge. If a minority person makes an accusation of racism a White person, especially a male is flat guilty even if proven innocent. That being because any exonerate on is assumed to be the result of favoritism to White males.

The special considerations given to minorities, intended to put them on "equal" footing has morphed into a devastating weapon. So it's pretty easy to see the left as being anti white given their support of those policies. And when a White person is wronged under those policies of minority favoritism it all good, because it's just payback. Giblving us a taste of what it WAS like for minorities in the past. Cramming our "White priveledge" down our throats. Yea, that's progress towards positive race relations. Two wrongs make a right here it seems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2016, 10:32 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
It won't be "whining". You have huge prosperous states in the West and the Northeast that contribute far far more to the national economy that smaller rural states. When it happened in 2000, they said it hadn't happened since the 1800s and won't likely happen again anytime soon. It's only 16 years later. Those huge states did not become successful by being meek. We are already a viciously divided nation. Taking their money and telling them how to live will not hold.
It will hold. You can't get the electoral college changed by an amendment. That would require those small states to willingly give up their advantage.

Ya really think we are going to let California choose our President? Afraid not, Buddy.

Without the electoral college the liberal states could simply have loose immigration policies to swell their popular votes.

This is what I suggest; a federal government with limited and enumerated powers.

Of course, that ain't what you want.

Last edited by whogo; 11-29-2016 at 11:05 AM..

Old 11-29-2016, 10:50 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,927,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexSpears25 View Post
Hi I'm liberal and I see that a lot of conservatives consider us very anti-white and I would like to know what we can do to to change that view, what are some of the issues that concern the white population and what can we do to bring your vote back.
There you go again. What "left"?? I see a whole lot of Centrists. I see very very few "leftists".

Forgetting about whether you are "anti-white" or "pro-white", back in March, Census Bureau projected that non-Hispanic whites would be a minority by 2044. There's no way to get around the basic fact this country will no longer have a majority white population.

Old 11-29-2016, 11:53 AM

296 posts, read 413,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
There you go again. What "left"?? I see a whole lot of Centrists. I see very very few "leftists".

Forgetting about whether you are "anti-white" or "pro-white", back in March, Census Bureau projected that non-Hispanic whites would be a minority by 2044. There's no way to get around the basic fact this country will no longer have a majority white population.
Seems highly related to our welfare policies.

Old 11-29-2016, 01:49 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,770,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexSpears25 View Post
Hi I'm liberal and I see that a lot of conservatives consider us very anti-white and I would like to know what we can do to to change that view, what are some of the issues that concern the white population and what can we do to bring your vote back.
I'm not going to take seriously much of what the left says about representing all of us when I hear a constant drumbeat from them about white privilege and that I'm racist simply because I was born white. That bit of political correctness has been carried much too far.

As one who was born into a poor family in a poor neighborhood but who through tremendous personal sacrifice and working 50 - 60 hours a week for decades succeeded career-wise and economically, I very much resent being told that my success comes simply because I was white. In the same vein I resent being told it's my fault that minorities who failed to get an education or acquire marketable skills live in poverty. I made my choices, they made theirs. Color has nothing to do with it. Lots of whites live in poverty too because of the poor choices they made, and plenty of blacks have succeeded through the same kind of sacrifice and hard work that I did. Yet the left boils it all down to color rather than choices.

There are other aspects to it but these are a good start.

Old 11-29-2016, 02:02 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,011,473 times
Wasn't it Bernie Sanders who said that if you're white in America, you don't know what it's like to live in poverty? LOL. He seriously said that.

To be fair, the privilege thing started out as a term to mean that white people are simply given the benefit of the doubt in certain situations. But it was stretched to include everything from denying the success of a person as legitimate based on the color of his skin.

And there are social justice warrior vids on youtube where shrill feminists say that if you're born white and male you're automatically racist because you're born and bred into a white supremacist patriarchal system where you have privilege. To liberals, you will develop racist views because of it so thus you are racist by default.

The insane theories these people spout, is it any wonder there is resentment toward whites, especially white males who lean conservative? Is there any wonder that anything Americana is viewed as hillbilly, slack jawed, a relic of the racist past, one step away from the KKK? It's total nonsense.

Old 11-29-2016, 05:19 PM

3,569 posts, read 2,520,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
I don't think Obama was anti-white and I don't think Clinton campaigned as anti-white. The problem is that the issues facing the white working class cannot be patched up with a band aid, but that is exactly what Trump promised them. Clinton campaigned as a status quo candidate and the white working class sees themselves as losing in the status quo, so they voted for change.

We need to offer them the same next time. Higher minimum wages, lower taxes, better education and health care for their children. We should not do what trump did and promise them that factory jobs are coming back, because they aren't. But, yes, we do need to speak more to this demographic in 2018 and 2020 if we want to win.

I prefer that the democrats focus on the southern states going forward and give them priority over the Midwest, but ideally we develop a platform that will appeal to all regions. Luckily, the Midwest will likely be bitter when trump can't deliver on his impossible promises. We're not going to ever bring back the Midwestern economy of the 50s. What we do need to do is figure out what their 21st century economy should be.
Your prescription was exactly Clinton's platform. Not that anyone was paying attention to policies.

Old 11-29-2016, 05:34 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,739,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
It will hold. You can't get the electoral college changed by an amendment. That would require those small states to willingly give up their advantage.

Ya really think we are going to let California choose our President? Afraid not, Buddy.

Without the electoral college the liberal states could simply have loose immigration policies to swell their popular votes.

This is what I suggest; a federal government with limited and enumerated powers.

Of course, that ain't what you want.
Like back to the first 10 and all suffrage to stand.

Old 11-29-2016, 06:49 PM

1,735 posts, read 1,770,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
No, I'm basing it on those I know, on the gentrification that happens that I have personally seen, on the number of houses those I know own, etc. It may be a stereotype but the ones I know are very career-centric, have no children and have a lot of disposable income.
I'm curious to know what you think of all the gentrification that's occurring as a self-proclaimed lefty. It must be really nice yes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies