Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 08:58 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njquestions View Post
Public service announcement: if you arrange it so you have no refund or a refund that is less than your "fine," then the IRS is powerless to do anything, by law.
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
LOL, since my insurance has skyrocketed and I don't support the law this is the tactic I'll be using. Let some other sucker pay those ridiculous rates. Besides, I hear the insurer I had in my state is losing a lot of money and may be getting out soon. The rates are so high that I'll just have to help it along by not buying.
I haven't paid one red cent in to Obamacare. Never signed up for it. I will not support this government grab of power over something that they have no business being involved in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2016, 09:02 PM

1,850 posts, read 820,628 times
The best part of Obamacare is that it may lead to the downfall of the IRS. Since the IRS top brass has no problem with lying under oath and the IRS organizationally has no problem announcing that it will continue to send billions of dollars to illegals, it hardly has any moral or legal standing to demand that everyone else follow the law. The only way the IRS functions is by terrorizing citizens into complying because they don't have any ability to stop it if, say, even 100,000 citizens ignore them. That's why the IRS comes down on people like a ton of bricks on anyone to make them into examples. But if Obamacare gets people to break the law, why, the IRS is screwed. And if the people screw the IRS and nothing happens to them ...LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Old 11-28-2016, 09:04 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Trump becomes the most popular person on the planet if he rescinds this.
I have no concerns, I have health coverage. And I'm fine if they take away the insurance mandate. Just as long as I don't have to pay for people that don't have health coverage. Hospitals should not be forced to treat the uninsured. If they choose not to have health coverage, they should deal with the consequences. Remember, according to Republicans, health care is a privilege, not a right.

Old 11-28-2016, 09:06 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,031,329 times
Quote:
Public service announcement: if you arrange it so you have no refund or a refund that is less than your "fine," then the IRS is powerless to do anything, by law.
Which you should be doing, anyway. Only fools give the government money to use all year, interest free.

Old 11-28-2016, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I have no concerns, I have health coverage. And I'm fine if they take away the insurance mandate. Just as long as I don't have to pay for people that don't have health coverage. Hospitals should not be forced to treat the uninsured. If they choose not to have health coverage, they should deal with the consequences. Remember, according to Republicans, health care is a privilege, not a right.
I think you mean "according to reality."

Old 11-28-2016, 09:08 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
I have no concerns, I have health coverage. And I'm fine if they take away the insurance mandate. Just as long as I don't have to pay for people that don't have health coverage.
One way or the other you will. We are not going to turn away the sick and uninsured.

Quote:
Hospitals should not be forced to treat the uninsured. If they choose not to have health coverage, they should deal with the consequences. Remember, according to Republicans, health care is a privilege, not a right.
Choose? For many it is NOT a choice. It's a reality that it's not something they can afford. Also, I don't know why people always throw what this group or that group said. I don't give a **** what the Republicans said. I support UHC.

Last edited by pknopp; 11-28-2016 at 09:19 PM..

Old 11-28-2016, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Which you should be doing, anyway. Only fools give the government money to use all year, interest free.
Agreed, although the government actually makes it impossible for many people to do that. Just as it's "legal" to overpay the government, it should be legal to withhold all money from the government until tax day. But the government makes that illegal. (Most people are not aware of that, btw.)

Old 11-28-2016, 09:09 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
My insurance has gone from $450 to $1008 a month in the last 4 years.

Most working people can't afford Obamacare.

Old 11-28-2016, 09:13 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,730,927 times
Quote:
Remember, according to Republicans, health care is a privilege, not a right.
I have no problem with that.

Allow me the privelige of being able to shop for a plan I want, and can afford. Allow me to do so across state lines if need be.

Don't force me to purchase a product that does not meet my needs, and is too expensive to afford. Don't force me to accept subsidies (a form of welfare/public assistance) which I have never, and will never receive in my life time.

This entire health care debacle, a mandate to invade my privacy thru medical records is the number one reason 0bama, and the dems are the biggest pieces of shyt in history. The list just grows longer from there, of course.

CN

Old 11-28-2016, 09:14 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
I think you mean "according to reality."
Fine, then Trump should announce that as a part of his platform. Health care is a privilege, not a right. Then people without health coverage can take their hands out of my wallet. Since Medicare recipients only contributed a third of the benefits they receive, Paul Ryan will take care of that by given them a voucher toward a policy they buy. It will be entertaining watching 70 year olds shop for a policy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies