Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 09:26 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 15 hours ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,599,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annino View Post
Liberalism is a mental disorder. I don't have to cut them out of my life. I just have them committed!
What qualifies you in the eyes of psychological and psychiatric professionals to make such a claim? Have you had any papers published in any high-end journals, such as those affiliated with the American Psychological Association? Include the states that licensed you to practice in these fields. Also include the schools which awarded your diploma as well. Otherwise, I'll dismiss as rhetorical hot air any claim about "X being a mental disorder"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2016, 10:36 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,626,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post

Well the others not protesting are writing hateful tweets, unfriending their closest friends on FB, cutting off family for voting Trump, beating up Trump supporters, creating Youtube vids blasting white people for being racist, needing a day off from work to grieve, canceling classes to mourn, setting up arts and crafts sessions in college to take their minds off the election as though they're kids, singing petitions to undo the electoral college so they can always have their way, steeped in irrational fear that Trump will undo the very fabric of this democratic republic, and so and so and so on.
Really? We are??? No kidding! Damn, I'd better call all of my friends and let them know we're way behind!

Quote:
Do you need any more examples or are you comfortable with my generalization yet?
I'm neither comfortable nor uncomfortable with it, because it has no effect on my life. It just sounds like the usual ignorant gibberish from some angry, unemployable middle aged guy living in his mother's basement. As you say, it's still just a generalization, and a stupid generalization is a stupid generalization no matter how many more stupid examples you add to it.

Quote:
If it's not all libs it certainly is a score of them that are absolutely unhinged. I should add passively aggressive calling conservatives idiots on chat forums too but I'll let you think about that one. Thanks for playing.
Nothing passive aggressive about it. It's against the TOS to call any other member an idiot, but as far as I know it's not against the TOS to state that it's been years since I've "met" a conservative on the internet who seemed genuinely intelligent, and that in my opinion anyone who voted for Donald Trump is a fool.

I'm not being the least bit passive aggressive, I'm not trying to be coy and dance around the TOS - I am taking pains to respect the TOS (both in letter and in spirit) and not personally insult any other member; however, I will not lie or try to conceal the fact that in my firm opinion, anyone who voted for Trump (for any reason whatsoever) is at best not very bright and at worst a complete moron. I will never, ever stoop to actually calling a Trumpie a moron, an idiot, or an imbecile (and would probably not do so even if it were allowed by the TOS), but that general position is where I am coming from. I won't deny it or pretend I think anything else.

If that bothers you, that's really not my problem. Anyone who voted for him needs to just get used to the fact that most of the country looks at them that way.

Last edited by Mr. In-Between; 12-02-2016 at 11:30 PM.. Reason: Poor choice of words; clarification was important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies