Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 07:36 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
flag burning is illegal in tons of democracies from Israel,Argentina,Turkey,India,South korea etc. with prison sentences much longer than one year.The left and fake libertarians and marxists etc like to find all sort of freedoms in the constitution that are not there. They love to invent them though, in more masculine countries you would get an ass kicking and be put in jai\l. I love how Marxists love to use freedom of speech as an excuse to burn the flag and in most marxist counties you dont have freedom of speech,dissent,the right to vote, free press etc

WTF is a "more masculine country?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
In marxist countries you would probably be shot for burning the flag, even in todays russia you would probably be beat up and put in prison. American and western marxists and anarchists are just coddled and allowed to riot , burn flags etc

To borrow a notion from the right, if you think they do it better in Russia, please, feel free to go there.

Your argument makes no sense, as you are praising these countries for their protection of their flags, even as you criticize them for their lack of freedom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2016, 08:56 AM

32,025 posts, read 36,788,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Fifty-four pages, in about a day and a half. Because we don't have anything more important to worry about in this world, do we?
The president-elect made this an issue, not the people on city-data.

Old 12-02-2016, 09:04 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,829,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post
What was cut from the recording? I noticed a very obvious edit.
I saw that too, but actually... Hillary Clinton Sponsored a Bill to Punish Flag Burning? : snopes.com

Old 12-02-2016, 09:07 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Oh, I know. I'm just amazed that this has garnered so much attention (my own included), when there really are more pressing issues at hand. It's an emotionally charged question, and those are always more compelling than conversations about actual policy.

Old 12-02-2016, 12:58 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
After much thought on the subject, I've come to the realization that taking away an American's citizenship and deporting them is undoable in this day and age. Britain had a similar problem when they chose to deport all criminals who had any crime, from stealing a loaf of bread, to murder. The only way to solve the problem of where to put them was to find an unoccupied continent or at least one where the inhabitants didn't have modern weapons. Australia fit the bill nicely.
Unfortunately for Trump's plan, there are no more empty continents and no country will accept entry of a stateless American.

Old 12-04-2016, 05:10 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Am I supposed to be offended by that?

By all means, allow me.

Let's try being offended by Takei's follow-up tweet, asking Twitter to revoke Trump's account. So much for freedom.

Burning the flag, odious though it is, happens to be a protected means of expression; Trump should know that.

What DOESN'T surprise me are the left's trained seals, barking that Takei is right, and joining that stunning hypocrite's quest to shut him down.

Way to go, Liberals. You haven't learned a thing.

Old 12-04-2016, 05:17 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Quote:
He's got a point.
Really?

Apparently, he wouldn't die for the right of someone to disagree with him.

Old 12-04-2016, 05:36 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
What DOESN'T surprise me are the left's trained seals, barking that Takei is right, and joining that stunning hypocrite's quest to shut him down.
Do you think he made up the story?

Old 12-04-2016, 06:51 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Quote:

The president elect does not know the Constitution of his own country.

Old 12-05-2016, 04:08 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
By all means, allow me.

Let's try being offended by Takei's follow-up tweet, asking Twitter to revoke Trump's account. So much for freedom.

Burning the flag, odious though it is, happens to be a protected means of expression; Trump should know that.

Way to go, Liberals. You haven't learned a thing.
On the one hand, I hope Trump's Twitter account is left alone. Its an excellent primary source for his stupid, narcissistic ranting.

On the other hand, I feel that some of his tweets could affect national and international relations in a negative manner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies