Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 12:16 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,092,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
You are being self centered.

Millions are suffering under the tyranny of Islam.
Well we're talking about Muslims in America and how we're at "war" w/ an overwhelmingly peaceful, law-abiding population b/c of what one guy did. I'm just trying to wrap my mind around the logic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2016, 12:20 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,559,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Links? And I mean verifiable attacks, not just graffiti or Facebook posts. Show me the video or a police report.
You need look no further than this post - Somali migrants and the insinuation of doing the unAmerican thing of stopping all Muslim immigrants

So with that logic:

Ahmad Rahimi (aka NJ/NY Bomber) - should we ban all Afghans from the USA ? Yes ? so how about ..
Dylan Roof - should be banish all SC white supremacists from the States ?
Seung Hui Cho (aka VA Tech shooter) - should we ban all South Koreans from the USA ?
Timothy McVeigh - bainsh NYers from the USA ?

Well you see where all this leads. BTW that was in order of the number of people they killed. There are others of course but some would apply a selective filter (bias) on who they consider a safe/real/whatever American.

We live in a free country and accept the dangers that this "freedom", including our 2nd amendment rights, bring to our lives so let's not pretend that we don't know who is really under attack with these posts.

Old 11-29-2016, 12:30 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,555,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Well we're talking about Muslims in America and how we're at "war" w/ an overwhelmingly peaceful, law-abiding population b/c of what one guy did. I'm just trying to wrap my mind around the logic.
100 or so Somali Americans have flown off to join Al Shabab and ISIS.

It's not just 1 guy.

Old 11-29-2016, 12:32 PM

29,093 posts, read 14,403,776 times
Quote:

Seems to me like there has been more than just one attack by an Islamic extremist....

Fort Hood, Texas, November 5, 2009. Major Nidal Malik Hasan shot up a military base in Fort Hood and murdered 14 people. Hasan was in contact with al-Qaeda terrorist Anwar al-Awlaki prior to the attack and shouted "Allahu Akbar!" as he fired upon the soldiers on the Fort Hood base. After being sentenced to death, Hasan requested to join ISIS while on death row. It took six years for Obama to acknowledge the shooting as a terror attack instead of "workplace violence."

Boston, Massachusetts, April 15, 2013. Tamerlan and Dhozkar Tsarnaev set off two bombs at the 2013 Boston marathon, killing three and injuring over 260 people. The Tsarnaev brothers later shot and murdered Massachusetts Institute of Technology police officer Sean Collier. The Tsarnaev brothers were self-radicalized through online jihadist propaganda and through a mosque with ties to al-Qaeda.

Moore, Oklahoma, September 24, 2014. Alton Nolen beheaded a woman, Colleen Huff, at a Vaughan Foods plant and stabbed and injured another person. While Nolen's motives are unclear, he appears to have been another radicalized Muslim who was obsessed with beheadings.

Queens, New York, October 23, 2014. Zale Thompson, another self-radicalized Muslim, injured two police officers with a hatchet before being shot dead by other cops. Thompson reportedly indoctrinated himself with ISIS, al-Qaeda and al-Shabab–a Somali jihadist terror group–websites and was a lone wolf attacker.

Brooklyn, New York, December 20, 2014. Ismaayil Brinsley shot and murdered two police officers execution-style and his Facebook page featured jihadist postings and had ties to a terror-linked mosque.

Garland, Texas, May 3, 2015. Two gunmen shot up the Curtis Culwell Center in Garland, where a Mohammed cartoon contest was taking place, and were killed by a police officer. ISIS claimed responsibility for the attack.

Chattanooga, Tennessee, July 16, 2015. Muhammad Youssef Abdulazeez shot and killed four Marines and a sailor at a military base in Chattanooga and was believed to have been inspired by ISIS.

San Bernardino, California, December 14, 2015. Two radical Islamists, Syed Farook and Tashfeen Malik, shot and murdered 14 people and injured 22 others at an office holiday party.

And this is just the past 8 years. Oddly they are all affiliated with the same ideology....imagine that ?

Old 11-29-2016, 12:33 PM

34,620 posts, read 21,506,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
You need look no further than this post - Somali migrants and the insinuation of doing the unAmerican thing of stopping all Muslim immigrants

So with that logic:

Ahmad Rahimi (aka NJ/NY Bomber) - should we ban all Afghans from the USA ? Yes ? so how about ..
Dylan Roof - should be banish all SC white supremacists from the States ?
Seung Hui Cho (aka VA Tech shooter) - should we ban all South Koreans from the USA ?
Timothy McVeigh - bainsh NYers from the USA ?

Well you see where all this leads. BTW that was in order of the number of people they killed. There are others of course but some would apply a selective filter (bias) on who they consider a safe/real/whatever American.

We live in a free country and accept the dangers that this "freedom", including our 2nd amendment rights, bring to our lives so let's not pretend that we don't know who is really under attack with these posts.
We should stop 99% of immigration into the US regardless of origin.

Old 11-29-2016, 12:39 PM

29,093 posts, read 14,403,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
We should stop 99% of immigration into the US regardless of origin.

Sounds like a plan to me !

Old 11-29-2016, 12:51 PM

7,971 posts, read 7,322,304 times
Quote:

ONE guy. Right. An overwhelmingly peaceful law abiding population? Is it April first already?

A Muslim in America is still a MUSLIM. Period.

Old 11-29-2016, 12:52 PM

34,937 posts, read 36,135,699 times
"as usual"

LOL

So, this one Somali dude lost it. How many white dudes lose it every day?

Come now.

Old 11-29-2016, 01:00 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,555,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
"as usual"

LOL

So, this one Somali dude lost it. How many white dudes lose it every day?

Come now.
Islam is an ideology
Somali a nationality
White a race

Jihadists come in all shapes and forms.

Old 11-29-2016, 01:04 PM

34,937 posts, read 36,135,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Islam is an ideology
Somali a nationality
White a race

Jihadists come in all shapes and forms.
Yes. There are individuals who do bad things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies