Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should there be a muslim registry or database?
Any muslim registry/database violates the U.S. Constitution. 42 43.75%
Mosques should be monitored, but there should be no registry/database of individual muslims. 6 6.25%
Only muslims who pose a security threat should be in a registry/database. 23 23.96%
There should be a registry/database of ALL muslims, even those who are U.S. citizens. 25 26.04%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 07:31 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,011,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I think you may be overstating things a bit.

I lived in Thailand for a couple of years. Every Thai has to carry an identification card. Every expat, like me, was supposedly required to carry their passport (although apparently a copy of the passport was temporarily acceptable). I had to go to the immigration office to report my current address every third month. I had to show bank accounts every so often. Nobody really thought much about it...other than the inconvenience.
Thailand's army staged a coup in 2014, enacting martial law and throwing out the country's constitution. I don't really think Thailand is the place to turn to for answers on how to run a government.

But even if it was, it doesn't sound like your registration/identity card had anything to do with your religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2016, 07:52 PM

50,770 posts, read 24,270,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK78 View Post
Islam should be outlawed and all Muslims deported from Western nations.

Period.

End of.

Problem solved forever.

And it's also common sense.

They don't belong in Western Nations. They have their own countries and their own cultures. They need to be where they belong and that's not here.
The most clearly un-Constitutional post of the thread.

Old 11-29-2016, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
By violating the Constitutional right to freedom of religion.
He asked where.

Old 11-29-2016, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Thailand's army staged a coup in 2014, enacting martial law and throwing out the country's constitution. I don't really think Thailand is the place to turn to for answers on how to run a government.

But even if it was, it doesn't sound like your registration/identity card had anything to do with your religion.
My point is that many counties have more stringent identification regulations than do we. Besides, I didn't say anything about religion. Did I?

Old 11-29-2016, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Besides, I didn't say anything about religion. Did I?
That is what this whole thread is about.

Old 11-29-2016, 08:37 PM

Quote:
That is what this whole thread is about.
Whether you like my post is irrelevant. Having more stringent identification procedures -- particularly for non-citizens -- in the United States is not, to me, oppressive. We don't need to ask about their religion. They should be able to prove which country they are a citizen of. We should have an active list of people who are not citizens...and that list should be available to law enforcement.

Old 11-29-2016, 08:42 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,973,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Yes but the good news they can all buy guns, what a country.
As they should be able to. Until there is due process associated with that list, there is no reason to deny them their rights. Which of their other rights are you in favor of restricting on this guilty until proven innocent list?

Old 11-29-2016, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Having more stringent identification procedures -- particularly for non-citizens -- in the United States is not, to me, oppressive. We don't need to ask about their religion. They should be able to prove which country they are a citizen of. We should have an active list of people who are not citizens...and that list should be available to law enforcement.
So how would you propose having a Muslim registry without asking someone their religion? Would you just base it on their looks? Their country of origin? What about if they were American born, do you go off of their parents or grandparents country of origin? What if they are no longer a Muslim, does that not matter because of where their parents came from and what they look like?

Old 11-30-2016, 12:04 AM

Quote:
So how would you propose having a Muslim registry without asking someone their religion? Would you just base it on their looks? Their country of origin? What about if they were American born, do you go off of their parents or grandparents country of origin? What if they are no longer a Muslim, does that not matter because of where their parents came from and what they look like?
I don't propose a Muslim registry.

I propose a registry of all non-citizens with basic information about their country of origin and a few other key facts to be determined.

I think making a registry of Muslims crosses the line, unless you are going to make a registry of people in each religion.

Old 12-03-2016, 01:29 AM

1,720 posts, read 1,315,778 times
Quote:
So you want to deport American citizens? Where would you even deport a natural born citizen?
To whatever Country or Continent they belong in!!!

Alex, common sense for a $1,000.00.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies