Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 07:03 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,958,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by At-Chilles View Post
If Trump picks be-tray-us or Romney I will no longer support him and bash the hell out of him.

As a former Marine and Veteran, I just can't accept the fact that an enlisted guy can violate the UCMJ and do time in the brig and then end up with either an other than honorable or dishonorable discharge - but be-tray-us gets a slap on the hand and promoted to SOS.

I'm already disgusted with his pick of Elaine Chao. What happened to " drain the swamp?" She's McConnell's wife and a recycled Bush flunky.

There's so many people to pick from who are capable - why pick a shyster or an asset stripper who kicked you in the teeth?

I would go with someone who is honest and staunchly Pro-American. No globalist---for sure.

Ron Paul/Rand Paul, Tulsi Gabbert or some other non-politician who hasn't sold out to the globalists or isn't a CFR member.
"Drain the swamp" was just empthy rhetoric. When we vote for the billionaire class, we get the preferred policies of the billionaire class. And the swampy corrupt system is what made them rich in the first place so they wont fix it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2016, 07:05 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,195,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
"Drain the swamp" was just empthy rhetoric. When we vote for the billionaire class, we get the preferred policies of the billionaire class. And the swampy corrupt system is what made them rich in the first place so they wont fix it.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dan-T...83477825022044

Old 11-29-2016, 07:14 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBird View Post
Regardless of your party affiliation, if you had to go with one of the three, Giuliani, Romney, or Petraeus, who would you choose and (intelligent reasons) why?
Trump will pick who he feels is best for the job. I'll go with who ever Trump decides to pick. Just like I originally put my trust with Obama I have to put my trust in Trump. I hope I'm not as disappointed with Trump as I am with Obama. I think my values are more in line with Trump.

Old 11-29-2016, 07:22 PM

439 posts, read 357,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBird View Post
If you had to go with one of the three, Giuliani, Romney, or Petraeus, who would you choose and why?

I'd pick all three--then place them into 25x25 cage and have 'em fight to the finish. Why? Cures the boredom (and I could make a bundle with Pay-per-view).

Old 11-29-2016, 07:27 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Of the three dismal choices presented, Patreus is the only one who knows jack scat about foreign policy. Ghouliani's experience is getting paid for speeches (where have we seen that before) by foreign governments while Romney's is a trip to London four years ago where he made a fool of himself. It is hard to believe that the great Trump can't do better than these three. I have heard, though, that not many serious people want to be in his cabinet. It was said that he wants a SoS whose viewpoints have no distance from his own. He might be wise to look across the aisle. There are not a whole lot of non-interventionist thinkers in the GOP.

Old 11-29-2016, 07:37 PM

26,489 posts, read 15,066,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I find it hilarious the Trump fans don't see anything hypocritical in having Petraeus as S of S (or anything other post) given how much time and energy Trump used to rally against Hillary's handling of classified information.
Good point.

Surely you also find it hilarious that Hillary fans don't see anything hypocritical in supporting Petraeus being in legal hot water for letting an ex-military person without the proper clearance handle classified intelligence and yet are fine with Hillary routinely directing her maid (with zero clearance) to access and print off classified intelligence.

Old 11-29-2016, 07:49 PM

25,567 posts, read 17,275,200 times
Lots of half-cocked pot shots taken at Petraeus. Whether these sharpshooters are fully informed or not is anyone's guess, but they seem to be determined to make sure that the truth is never discussed.

Petraeus revealed secret information to Paula Broadwell, who had a secret clearance because she was a army reserve officer (Lt. Colonel) and a graduate of West Point. He revealed it to her by way of sharing his personal notes and notebooks because she was writing his biography. She had no "need to know", so he was in violation.

They had an affair, which is against regulation in the military. He was in violation there, too.

No big deal. The naysayers will have you believe that Petraeus handed out secret information to some arbitrary person. Tain't so.

I hope Petraeus gets the nod, but Romney would be a fine statesman, too. Giuliani last, for me, but Trump's the guy in charge and I'm confident he'll get it all straight.

Old 11-29-2016, 08:36 PM

1,229 posts, read 859,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Lots of half-cocked pot shots taken at Petraeus. Whether these sharpshooters are fully informed or not is anyone's guess, but they seem to be determined to make sure that the truth is never discussed.

Petraeus revealed secret information to Paula Broadwell, who had a secret clearance because she was a army reserve officer (Lt. Colonel) and a graduate of West Point. He revealed it to her by way of sharing his personal notes and notebooks because she was writing his biography. She had no "need to know", so he was in violation.

They had an affair, which is against regulation in the military. He was in violation there, too.

No big deal. The naysayers will have you believe that Petraeus handed out secret information to some arbitrary person. Tain't so.

I hope Petraeus gets the nod, but Romney would be a fine statesman, too. Giuliani last, for me, but Trump's the guy in charge and I'm confident he'll get it all straight.
You're half-cocked yourself.

There are various levels of security clearances as I and other Marines had low level clearances when stationed in Quantico.

The same can be said for many soldiers who serve at Ft Detrick in Maryland----which is a well known for biological weapons research.

Be-tray-us, however, had the highest level top-secret, highly sensitive, security clearance. And while, Broadwell, a RESERVE OFFICER, woking in Intelligence in reserve status, did have a high level compartmented security clearance, that clearance only pertains to and is only in place, when she's on actual duty, working in the Intelligence field.

What's you've carefully omitted is the fact that a security clearance has nothing at all to do with your rank --- But instead, pertains to the job you do.

Broadwell's sexual relationship had nothing at all to do with her job as a reserve army intelligence officer.

Old 11-29-2016, 08:38 PM

1,147 posts, read 717,981 times
Jesse Ventura.

Old 11-29-2016, 11:38 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,922,456 times
Another vote for Rand Paul.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies