Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 10:38 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Wow. This guy has a screw loose.

Peter Singer is an animal-rights activist and professor at Princeton who also believes that it is reasonable for healthcare providers to kill mentally disabled babies. He strongly questions the personhood given to any unborn child and finds little similarity to killing an unborn child and killing any other person. However, Singer believes that all rights, including the right to life, should be granted to animals. Singer simultaneously advocates for the right to life for animals and the right to abort the unborn child. Singer believes children should be able to be aborted up to 2 years old.
Peter Singer, Princeton bioethics professor, faces calls for resignation over infanticide support - Washington Times

Quote:
"Newborn human babies have no sense of their own existence over time. So killing a newborn baby is never equivalent to killing a person, that is, a being who wants to go on living. That doesn’t mean that it is not almost always a terrible thing to do. It is, but that is because most infants are loved and cherished by their parents, and to kill an infant is usually to do a great wrong to its parents.

“Sometimes, perhaps because the baby has a serious disability, parents think it better that their newborn infant should die. Many doctors will accept their wishes, to the extent of not giving the baby life-supporting medical treatment. That will often ensure that the baby dies,” Mr. Singer continued. “My view is different from this, only to the extent that if a decision is taken, by the parents and doctors, that it is better that a baby should die, I believe it should be possible to carry out that decision, not only by withholding or withdrawing life support — which can lead to the baby dying slowly from dehydration or from an infection — but also by taking active steps to end the baby’s life swiftly and humanely.”
Sick F. Apparently he doesn't understand that citizens in this country have the right to life...that includes babies, with or without disabilities. God, what an ahole.

Apparently he's a believer in this tripe: http://www.jpands.org/vol18no3/huntoon.pdf
Quote:
The system basically seeks to redistribute “life years” from older individuals to younger individuals. The proposed mechanism to achieve this is a centralized system of rationing medical care that limits care for older individuals in favor of providing it to younger individuals.
And you know what? I've actually seen people post things like that on here before. Talking about elderly should be killed off so that they don't use up "valuable resources". There's some disgusting pos on this planet. Hope it bites them in the backside one day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2016, 11:35 PM

21,468 posts, read 10,570,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Peter Singer, Princeton bioethics professor, faces calls for resignation over infanticide support - Washington Times

Sick F. Apparently he doesn't understand that citizens in this country have the right to life...that includes babies, with or without disabilities. God, what an ahole.

Apparently he's a believer in this tripe: http://www.jpands.org/vol18no3/huntoon.pdf

And you know what? I've actually seen people post things like that on here before. Talking about elderly should be killed off so that they don't use up "valuable resources". There's some disgusting pos on this planet. Hope it bites them in the backside one day.
And these people think Sarah Palin is a moron when she was exactly right. There are people in powerful places that would be glad to make just those decisions for Americans. Anyone doubt with nationalized healthcare, there would eventually be death panels? People with the same mindset as that professor would be in charge.

Three weeks ago I would have thought that was crazy, but between the reaction to the election, the praise of Castro and vilification of Trump supporters, I'm not so sure anymore. The Castro thing has really been an education. If people can praise a tin pot dictator who killed tens of thousands of his own people because he defied the United States and helped people out during apartheid, then what is going to happen when these people gain enough power to overwhelm Middle America and no conservative will ever win again? I have really lost all respect for these people. They have no real knowledge of communism, despite all the evidence around them of how bad it is. People leaving family and friends behind and risking everything in a raft to get away from it. People literally starving in the streets in Venezuela. Millions killed in China and Russia.

They hate capitalism, when it has brought more people out of poverty and starvation than any other system in human history. It boggles the mind.

Old 11-30-2016, 11:58 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,014,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBird View Post
Unfortunately, rightwing educators are more in the elementary and high schools, getting their views across to students at a vulnerable age. These kids will grow up with a decimated environment and thinking that science is creationism.

How did you manage to persevere?

Old 12-01-2016, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
And just how aerodynamic would a vagina shaped missile be?
its not............its the "intake" for the missle.........

Old 12-01-2016, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
It's funny for comedy, but the phallic shape is aerodynamic. How do you think a square bullet would work?

It would leave a nasty hole..........

Old 12-01-2016, 02:23 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,984,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBird View Post
Unfortunately, rightwing educators are more in the elementary and high schools, getting their views across to students at a vulnerable age. These kids will grow up with a decimated environment and thinking that science is creationism.
Don't speak for the whole country. I can see this MAYBE being the case in parts of the more conservative and religious areas of the country but the more progressive areas don't have a plethora of conservatives inserting their own beliefs into the school system. Trust me. There are curriculums and some of us are lucky to live in states with among the best public schools in the country.

And as for professors, I don't know how long ago it was that you went to college if you went at all but it's genuinely probably safe to say that 95% of college professors are liberals. Some insufferable. I don't think I had even one conservative college professor.

Old 12-01-2016, 07:08 AM

21,468 posts, read 10,570,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
its not............its the "intake" for the missle.........
Lol

Old 12-01-2016, 07:12 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,633,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
There has been a buzz going on about this new website that apparently is exposing and monitoring
radical professors so that donors, parents, and the public can learn what is going on within our colleges.
Exposing the discrimination and bullying of conservative students and conservative thought and ideas.
I tried twice to get on their website today, but apparently Google has shut them down......
Professorwatchlist.org

NYT article on it
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/28/us...c-freedom.html
How about a scientist defending how the scientific "facts" more support Creation far beyond Evolution?

These people are denigrated as loonies, but the higher education society wants to cut them off completely.

The sad thing is, scientifically Evolution ideology is destroyed by the facts. I should make it my life-long goal to destroy it.

The problem is my career would be destroyed in the process, and it would have nothing to do with bad science.

The sad reality. Yes the higher education society is as liberal as you get. I currently work in the system as a Science Tutor and see it daily. I highly enjoy pointing out the flaws of the Evolution religion.

Last edited by Mikelee81; 12-01-2016 at 07:25 AM..

Old 12-01-2016, 07:20 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,792,682 times
The Souther Poverty Law Center has been doing this for years. Not of radical professors but of Republicans in general.

Old 12-01-2016, 07:22 AM

9,980 posts, read 5,677,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
The Souther Poverty Law Center has been doing this for years. Not of radical professors but of Republicans in general.
Southern Intellectual Poverty Center
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies