Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2016, 10:50 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
You can call this "Separation of church and state" issue all you want. Everybody else knows that this is just another b.s. group who is offended by some non-issue.
A non-issue from your perspective.

Not necessarily a non-issue from an objective perspective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2016, 10:51 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
A non-issue from your perspective.

Not necessarily a non-issue from an objective perspective.
Okay I guess you need a therapy dog too

bottom line is

the Freedom From Religion Foundation, complained to the school's board of directors about it. Jumoke Academy Charter School in Hartford, Connecticut, told an academic assistant to remove the verse

if they didn't complain, nobody else (including YOU) would have a problem with it.

Old 12-01-2016, 10:57 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
No one is trying to force you to be a Christian just like an atheist billboard sign is not trying to force me to be an atheist. You have the freedom to ignore the Bible verse just like I have the freedom to ignore atheist nonsense.
Exactly.

No one is trying to shut down your church or confiscate your bible.

Your faith is yours. Others have different views. It's all OK.

So, relax.

Old 12-01-2016, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Okay I guess you need a therapy dog too

bottom line is

the Freedom From Religion Foundation, complained to the school's board of directors about it. Jumoke Academy Charter School in Hartford, Connecticut, told an academic assistant to remove the verse

if they didn't complain, nobody else (including YOU) would have a problem with it.
I don't need a therapy dog. I don't know why you would say that about someone who's offered up honest and thoughtful disagreement to your statements.

You have your perspective. It's colored by your experience and background. It's not objective.

So when you say that something is not an issue, that statement stems from your perspective. It ignores that the situation was an issue for someone, else we would not be discussing it. Hence, the statement that it's not an issue is not an objective statement.

Old 12-01-2016, 11:04 AM

Quote:
I don't need a therapy dog. I don't know why you would say that about someone who's offered up honest and thoughtful disagreement to your statements.

You have your perspective. It's colored by your experience and background. It's not objective.

So when you say that something is not an issue, that statement stems from your perspective. It ignores that the situation was an issue for someone, else we would not be discussing it. Hence, the statement that it's not an issue is not an objective statement.
well, I wouldn't ask her to remove the bible verse
I wouldn't tell a muslim teacher to stop quoting the Koran

see the difference?

You can view this as a big deal all you want, but bottom line is the teacher's assistance didn't hurt nobody.

Old 12-01-2016, 11:07 AM

Quote:
well, I wouldn't ask her to remove the bible verse
I wouldn't tell a muslim teacher to stop quoting the Koran

see the difference?

You can view this as a big deal all you want, but bottom line is the teacher's assistance didn't hurt nobody.
I understand your perspective.

I just understand that your perspective isn't the only one.

I don't want children to feel excluded in any way in a classroom. And if a teacher's beliefs are so profound that she has to declare them in the classroom, I think the school is entitled to tell her to stop, because some of the students don't share those beliefs.

Old 12-01-2016, 11:11 AM

Quote:
I understand your perspective.

I just understand that your perspective isn't the only one.

I don't want children to feel excluded in any way in a classroom. And if a teacher's beliefs are so profound that she has to declare them in the classroom, I think the school is entitled to tell her to stop, because some of the students don't share those beliefs.
Okay fair enough.

Old 12-01-2016, 11:18 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Anyone else just amazed at how backwards our morals have become? Burning flags and setting down during the national anthem are heralded by the left as celebrated examples of freedom of speech.

Yet, it is a great offense for a school teacher to exercise freedom of speech and religion by displaying one harmless Bible verse.

The FFRF is a bully organazation that is anti-Christian and has distorted the Establishment clause to such extremes that teachers have to treat Christianity like a dangerous virus. It must be completely hidden. This disgusting organization obliviously wants to promote a new generation of atheists by such actions.

But the reality is that this is nothing more than freedom of speech by an individual, not an organization. The public school was not endorsing religion. It was a teacher simply putting up a motto that she believes in.

The atheist liberal left doesn't give a rip about freedom of speech unless it goes against Christian and ONLY Christian morals and beliefs.

Atheists Force Connecticut Teacher to Remove Bible Verse Display
Don't be silly. This teacher chose to quote as a part of her professional profile on her publicly- funded employer's web page. It's inappropriate. She is paid to teach, not proselytize her religious beliefs on her employer's property.

How is it that some of a 70% majority in the US choose to play the victim card?

Old 12-01-2016, 11:20 AM

2,405 posts, read 1,445,901 times
Quote:
You can call this "Separation of church and state" issue all you want. Everybody else knows that this is just another b.s. group who is offended by some non-issue.
Like the people who are offended by a CNN anchor suggesting that women could wear the hijab as a show of support for Muslim women?

Like that?

Old 12-01-2016, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post
Like the people who are offended by a CNN anchor suggesting that women could wear the hijab as a show of support for Muslim women?

Like that?
Yes Like that.

You seem to be offended by this teacher's a who displayed her little bible verse. So you are no better, Just sayin'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies