Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Pigskin and Politics. How much NFL are you watching?
More now. I love how the players kneel and sit down to protest injustices in the land 2 3.39%
About the same. The players have every right to protest. Lets just get on with the football 10 16.95%
Less. The game is starting to decline anyways. Nothing to do with the political posturing. 15 25.42%
Less. I do not like the league stance on player protests, the games no longer interest me as a result 32 54.24%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 01:40 PM

15,631 posts, read 10,386,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
This year really did it for me, I am done with NFL. It is the whole protesting thing, but also I sort of woke up. One day I was at someone's house and we all were watching NFL. The men were shouting and screaming. It kind of hit me, it was weird. They were yelling like it matter, eating unhealthy food, ignoring their kids, etc

But if we Americans stop watching football, what the heck are we suppose to do?

read a book?
play with our kids?
hangout with our neighbors?
work?
exercise?

Who am I suppose to worship?

scientists?
philosophers?
politicians?
writers?
I'd rather give up eating steak than the NFL! It has been hard to deny my NFL diet this season, but I am determined because I hate these BLM supporting, anti-American protesting football player asshats. I look forward to their demise or ouster from the NFL. I would never, ever, ever want to give up the NFL, but they are forcing me.

I have many other things in my life other than football....but I miss watching the games. Perhaps my other interests will prevail after this stupid football protest is over. It took years for baseball to recover from the baseball player strike. The football players and their management who are destroying their bread and butter multi-million dollar lifestyle with these protests may suffer the same fan backlash. I wouldn't doubt it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2016, 01:41 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,589,364 times
Watching less.

Too many commercials, pointless replays and spinning logos.

It's just not the same anymore. Announcers and commentators
don't have time to talk. Everything is chopped up.

Old 11-30-2016, 01:42 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
I know a lot who do, but only witless morons go on about those who do not as being unable to do so.

Only such idiots would make such a claim.

You go ahead like the other poster, call me what you will, lay claim to my ability without knowledge, it will only make you look ignorant and weak when you do.
The other guys got all the pretty girls, huh? Still stings all these years later, aye?

I can't relate, but I understand.

Old 11-30-2016, 02:06 PM

1,229 posts, read 859,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

That kaperdick is a jerk. It was great to see the Patriots play San Francisco (the team he is on) in week 11 because he ate alot of dirt when the Pats defense sacked him several times. CBS did show him and 2 others kneeling during the anthem and it was ironic how he knelt at the beginning of the game and Brady knelt at the end in the Victory formation.
Worse than him ever being a jerk :

He doesn't process information fast enough

He has a very hard time deciphering schemes

He's to slow looking off his primary receiver and then moving through his reads to the two and thee receivers before he runs out of the pocket.

DB's say they can read his eyes too easy.

He has no arch on the deep ball to run underneath it.

Etc,etc.

He fell prey early on and believed his own hype when guys like Jaws announced to the world he'd likely surpass Montana and Young.

The GS Warriors were terrible for the most part for twenty years, until they drafted Steph Curry and Klay Thompson and then signed Iggy from the Nuggets.

Until the 49ers draft another decent QB and get rid of Jed York, they'll never return to greatness.

Old 11-30-2016, 02:10 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,903,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The other guys got all the pretty girls, huh? Still stings all these years later, aye?

I can't relate, but I understand.
What do you want me to say? Are you expecting me to get into an Internet challenge with you over physical bravado? Am I supposed to mouth off about how I could best you?

Can you try any harder to be the stereotypical picture here?

Go ahead, insult me, call me weak... what next? You going to claim you can beat me up?

Run along kid, I hear your mama calling you.

Old 11-30-2016, 02:21 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,689,172 times
Since the outrageous Kaepernick protests I stopped watching the NFL. Most of the people in my circle have done the same.

As a result of Kaepernick's inappropriate protests there have been an upswing in blacks attacking police. The interesting part of these attacks is that many of these ambushes by blacks on police officers has resulted in many black policemen/women being murdered by blacks.
If Kaepernick was truly concerned about blacks being killed he and his supporters should move to the hoods of Chicago and show the world how it's done.

Kaepernick is nothing but a has-been that never-was trying for one last flicker of the candle and he screwed that up too.

Old 11-30-2016, 02:30 PM

2,348 posts, read 1,903,477 times
I have been watching a game every week or two casually and I don't really notice any of the political hoopla..

Old 11-30-2016, 02:53 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,801,988 times
I watch as much or more than ever. I love football.
Couldn't vote in the poll, though. I do not support the protests.
The players should do their job and protest on their own time.
The NFL totally mishandled these pampered protesting prima donnas.

Old 11-30-2016, 03:10 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,587,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco View Post
I don't know about everyone else, but this NFL season just does not seem the same for me. Before, pro football was an escape from the problems of life that befall us all. Everyday things from politics to work and everything in between. The NFL just became political by allowing player protests during games. Making football about politics, thus offending many fans who just want to watch football and nothing else. If we want to air our political views , then we take it to a more appropriate place and venue.

I watch only some games now. Whereas before a hardcore NFL fan. What a shame and the amount of empty seats at games does say alot about declining interest. Not just at games but tv viewership as well.

Will you be watching more or less NFL this season?
I'm watching much less and in fact, I don't even care about my loss of interest. The only two teams I will watch now, are Seattle and Green Bay with an occasional look at Pittsburgh. Green Bay is making it hard to maintain my interest there. Maybe there's other things that are pre-occupying us all.

Old 11-30-2016, 03:41 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bklynkenny View Post
I have been watching a game every week or two casually and I don't really notice any of the political hoopla..
That's because like a normal person with common sense, you can separate politics from football.

I don't know what the hell is wrong with these other folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies