Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2016, 12:08 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,658,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njquestions View Post
Sounds like the real world is where you get everything wrong.
What's wrong with what I said or do you have dyslexia and read everything backwards? My sympathies if you do.

Are children not the largest recipient of food stamps?
Are seniors on fixed income not the second largest group to receive food stamps?
Are active duty military families not one of the major groups to receive food stamps?

Did Donald Trump not brag about not paying any taxes for 20 years on his 10 billion dollars?
Have you not spent the last two days lambasting and demonizing all food stamp recipients?
Is the federal budget for food stamps not less than 2 dollars per hundred of taxes collected?
Is the military budget not 21% of federal budget?

What did I get wrong, all knowing bloviator?
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2016, 12:08 PM

8,051 posts, read 12,764,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
I got a better idea. Set up a cafeteria and require people to show up to be fed. That way the ingredients and nutritional content is monitored.

Bring on "Soylent Green"!!!!!
Although it would be a good idea the people on food stamps are too dispersed for it to be cost effective.

Old 12-01-2016, 12:09 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,134,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Food stamps should only pay for sacks of beans and rice.
Need to throw in at least some tomatoes, greens, tuna and vegetable oil for some nutritional balance.

Or maybe instead of food stamps, distribute Soylent. Not Soylent Green, it's an actual meal replacement product that is designed to meet major nutritional needs.

Old 12-01-2016, 12:12 PM

1,285 posts, read 591,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
I say we scrap it all together and send monthly food boxes with the raw ingredients needed to cook healthy meals. Give every new applicant a free cookbook and set of pans when they sign up.
I'm not ideologically opposed.
But politically it's a complete non-runner.

You'd have massive blow back from the major providers of products on super market shelves.
Nestle, Pepsico, Coca-Cola, Kelloggs, Unilever, Danone, Mars, Mondelz

http://mentalfloss.com/sites/default...brands-map.png

Old 12-01-2016, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Need to throw in at least some tomatoes, greens, tuna and vegetable oil for some nutritional balance.

Or maybe instead of food stamps, distribute Soylent. Not Soylent Green, it's an actual meal replacement product that is designed to meet major nutritional needs.
Pink slime is considered a pure beef, too.

Old 12-01-2016, 12:16 PM

1,850 posts, read 819,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
What did I get wrong, all knowing bloviator?
1) That Trump paid zero taxes for 20 years. But good job trying Harry Reid's line out.
2) That I'm demonizing children, the elderly, and the military. I'm only demonizing liberals.
3) Everything else in life. Because you're liberal.

Old 12-01-2016, 12:18 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
Quote:
The real world is where a billionaire president has paid zero taxes on 10 billion dollars in 20 years and people like you are demonizing children, seniors and active duty military families. The three largest categories of recipients on the snap program.
you really need to get your facts straight. Where are you getting your idea about who did or didn't pay taxes for X number of years?

Old 12-01-2016, 12:29 PM

1,285 posts, read 591,444 times
Distributing food boxes (of raw ingredients)wouldn't work.
You'd be picking winners and losers and disadvantaging local producers.

I thought libertarians would more likely let the people decide where they spend their allowance.

I don't hate the idea though.
There could be nice spin-off of social programs like community run classes on how to prepare next week's menu.
Plus i'd expect to see an immediate health benefit not only from eating better, but also from the social engagement.

Old 12-01-2016, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
you really need to get your facts straight. Where are you getting your idea about who did or didn't pay taxes for X number of years?
From Donald John Trump's own lips.

"It makes me smart" Donald Trump

Old 12-01-2016, 12:36 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,134,844 times
Quote:
Pink slime is considered a pure beef, too.
Read up on Soylent before judging.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies