Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2016, 12:32 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,680,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Really? Don't be shy, share your source that he's using Medicare instead of premium private insurance.
Probably has a cadillac plan also, as Medicare is not income specific, but every person gets medicare at 65. Most people do have part B supplemental, even the rich as well as the not so well off.

"People age 65 or older, who are citizens or permanent residents of the United States, are eligible for Medicare Part A. You're eligible for “Part A” at no cost at age 65 if: You receive or are eligible to receive Social Security benefits"

From the government Social Security and Medicare official site.

Balls in your court. Prove he doesn't have it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2016, 12:34 PM

1,850 posts, read 822,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Probably has a cadillac plan also
So he's a billionaire and you're begrudging him the same Cadillac plan that union members who demanded exemptions from Obamacare have? That's harsh, bro.

Old 12-02-2016, 12:36 PM

19,859 posts, read 12,147,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Probably has a cadillac plan also, as Medicare is not income specific, but every person gets medicare at 65. Most people do have part B supplemental, even the rich as well as the not so well off.

"People age 65 or older, who are citizens or permanent residents of the United States, are eligible for Medicare Part A. You're eligible for “Part A” at no cost at age 65 if: You receive or are eligible to receive Social Security benefits"

From the government Social Security and Medicare official site.

Balls in your court. Prove he doesn't have it.
No sugar, you claimed his IS on Medicare. It's on you, dear.

Old 12-02-2016, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njquestions View Post
So he's a billionaire and you're begrudging him the same Cadillac plan that union members who demanded exemptions from Obamacare have? That's harsh, bro.
No I'm not begrudging him anything and I haven't said anything of the sort.

Old 12-02-2016, 12:37 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,134,761 times
Quote:
Great story, except "developed for the government" is different from "government randomly decides to give you a few million and not your competitors, who they fine and tax." We already have alternative energy companies. They just all fail as soon as they aren't fully subsidized. I'm quite sure someone with your education can grasp the difference.

Gonna answer my question?

You said

Quote:
Because government funding of businesses isn't free market. .

Try again.

btw.. the list of things you claim that I said was unacceptable which was complete B.S.... you conveniently ignored my response.

Old 12-02-2016, 12:38 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,051,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman07 View Post
Because he's 70, lacks some self control, and makes bad decisions. Have you seen him when he was younger?? He wasn't overweight then. He's not that overweight anyways.
Doesn't matter if he wasn't overweight 30 years ago, he is obese now. He will be one of our fattest presidenrs.

Old 12-02-2016, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Try again.
Why do I need to try again when I was right the first time?

Old 12-02-2016, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Doesn't matter if he wasn't overweight 30 years ago, he is obese now. He will be one of our fattest presidenrs.
Hey, at least we won't have to watch Hillary's wandering eye and random falls down stairs, LOL.

Old 12-02-2016, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
When they present forged or stolen documents to get those jobs, how is the employer supposed to know they're not legit?

Fine. Go ahead and eliminate the demand.

No, the food lobbies aren't allowing people to double-dip, triple-dip, or more, free food welfare benefits for the same meals. The government is doing that.

You have no workable solutions. The best solution I've seen in this thread is to fund all social welfare freebie benefits via private foundation charities, only. Let people vote with their own money instead of insisting on forcibly taking it from others.
You do realize that a very large percentage of recipients are in the rural red states and the recently red, rust belt?
So, as usual, you and your fine, christian, moral set, prefer to demonize and penalize the poor, rather than solve the problem at it's source. Got it. Knew it, and never doubted it to begin with. Thanks for the lesson in the mindset of the new order.

I'm done.

Old 12-02-2016, 12:46 PM

6,240 posts, read 3,622,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Is soft drinks.

Shock Chart Reveals Number 1 Item Bought With Welfare Money Is Soft Drinks

Time to end this taxpayer rip off and let private charities funded with private money through voluntary giving handle the feeding of "the poor". I guarantee they'll watch where the money goes much closer than the bureaucrats in Washington.
No surprise here. Soda is cheaper than spring or distilled water. And the tap water in most urban centers tastes like garbage. Sugar is also an addictive, feel-good drug. If you're depressed because you're poor and live in a crappy neighborhood, this is your legal "high," your little bright spot for stimulation and good feelings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies