Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2016, 01:18 PM

39,096 posts, read 51,300,952 times

Advertisements

Respect for the office of the Presidency has steadily gone down over the past few decades. Trump finished off whatever dignity might have still been associated with the position. Having his nude posing gold digging wife as first lady is just icing on the cake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2016, 01:30 PM

73,087 posts, read 62,726,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
As I said, that's all that matters to cons when it comes to women. Perfect example.
I will give my 2 pennies on this. I won't make this about conservative vs liberal.

I didn't care less about Melania Trump. She wasn't on my mind. What bothers me are people who keep saying "we need this kind of woman as our First Lady". And it is about looks. We need a woman whose fame comes from marrying a rich man and being a nude model?

I never gave much thought about Michelle Obama's looks. I have to think about this. She may not be my type, but neither is Melania Trump. I don't consider Michelle Obama to be hard on the eyes. I think about this as well. I never heard any griping about how the First Lady looks until Michelle Obama came around. Then the nastiness came out. I don't think this is about Michelle, but rather, a Black woman being First Lady. Or rather, the kind of Black woman that she is. If it was Stacey Dash, it might have been different.

I also want to sum up the lusting for Melania Trump like this: a warped version of patriarchy. Melania embodies what many want in the First Lady: Archetype of a trophy wife. Forget that she posed nude. Or rather, it could be that because she is considered trophy wife material, it's cool that she did.

Old 12-01-2016, 01:39 PM

73,087 posts, read 62,726,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Respect for the office of the Presidency has steadily gone down over the past few decades. Trump finished off whatever dignity might have still been associated with the position. Having his nude posing gold digging wife as first lady is just icing on the cake.
Glad you get the point. I think what this Presidential race has proven is this. A Presidential candidate can be crass, brutish, and a bully, and still win. We can end up with the two most unlikable candidates in the end. Furthermore, it tells me something else:

It reflects a considerable amount of what many people will put up with, or in many cases, want in the first place. I think some people want a gold digging, nude posing person for a First Lady. Some people want a man who will be crass and brutish.

Old 12-01-2016, 01:43 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,221,051 times
Melania's priority seems to be her son. Which I think is admirable, but there are MILLIONS of women whose priority is their child so it's nothing earth-shattering. She obviously had no interest in being with her husband during the campaign. She's allowed to do what she wants. She's done nothing that illustrates she's an exceptional person who will be an asset to all Americans and make a difference in our lives. (I don't consider being able to walk in 4" spike heals an important skill. Elanor Roosevelt wore sensible shoes and look what she accomplished.) We don't "need" her as First Lady. Except for the fact she's Trump's third wife no one would know who she is or care what she does.

Old 12-01-2016, 01:45 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,650,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
To you Michelle Obama is hard on the eyes. I'm not attracted to her, but I don't consider her hard on the eyes. She's not my type, but neither is Melania Trump. If the first lady being attractive is your priority, then you have a major problem.
Who's talking priorities? Talk about having a problem. Lighten up, enjoy life.

Old 12-01-2016, 01:46 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,853,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Actually, she would still need security. Atlanta has alot of crime. So does Miami. Houston too. St. Louis even more so because of its status as murder capital and having a high rate of rape. Louisiana and Mississippi are red states and they rank high in violent crime.
I was being sarcastic. Of course she would need security in those cities. Perhaps even MORE than she will need in NYC.

Old 12-01-2016, 01:47 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,458,253 times
I'm waiting for her official White house pinup calender!

Old 12-01-2016, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
I'm just happy that we have an attractive first lady elect. The current one is rather hard on the eyes.
What do YOU look like? Post pics, and we'll tell you what we think.

Old 12-01-2016, 01:48 PM

30,318 posts, read 23,789,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
What do YOU look like? Post pics, and we'll tell you what we think.
What difference does it make? Everyone has their own tastes. I don't think Michelle is ugly, but that's my opinion. There's nothing to debate when it comes to someone's opinion because they are not facts.

Old 12-01-2016, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post

On the other hand, I don't understand this Melania-worship, either. She has done nothing in a national public capacity (yet), to earn it. But, she's "hot," and some people, both men and women, seem to think that's all that matters in a woman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
I'm just happy that we have an attractive first lady elect. The current one is rather hard on the eyes.
Ya see what I mean?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies