Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2016, 01:57 PM

73,068 posts, read 62,694,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Emotions are always involved in decision making. Always. Stating the obvious, marriage decisions are emotional decisions but even there, most folks don't throw away all caution to the wind. That said, the American people would be better served if decisions related to electing government representatives were based more on reason, logic, past performance, experience, knowledge, wisdom, trustworthiness (very important) & other qualities. In my book, the President-elect is untrustworthy, that alone disqualified him. Period.

Again stating the obvious, the American people didn't know who we were getting with Mr. Trump. He preferred it that way & was able to obstruct the vetting process. I do not envy Mrs. Trump (understatement of the year) however her marriage contract contains certain protections for her & her Son. The 'contract' held by the American people with the President-elect (thankfully) has an expiration date & is contingent.
Trump strikes me as very unstable, and corrupt. He got rich through being corrupt. Who is to say he won't try that in the Oval Office? He might very well do that. This and his spouting off at the mouth, his bigoted comments. Also, there is his authoritarian mentality. Untrustworthy, yes. There is more. He has a "strongman" style of doing this.

I would not envy Melania. I wouldn't envy Trump either. He isn't a lovable man. I suspect she's with her because of his money. I suspect Trump is with Melania because she represents "trophy wife" material. It's a marriage for all the wrong reasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2016, 02:10 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,374,717 times
Yes. A pasties, thong wearing woman should be the role model for all young American women! I think even she knows she's classless and inept so she's hiding out in her golden tower.

Old 12-03-2016, 02:52 PM

10,242 posts, read 6,333,789 times
Our first Bimbo/Trophy Wife First Lady.

Old 12-03-2016, 02:58 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,204,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Our first Bimbo/Trophy Wife First Lady.
How soon you forget about Jackie Kennedy ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3ZvIzL1JbI

Old 12-03-2016, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soup Not See View Post

Well, Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy wasn't a gold digger. John F. Kennedy was also the youngest person to be elected President. JFK wasn't known for having 3 divorces (although he did cheat). Kennedy wasn't nearly as crass as Trump.

Old 12-03-2016, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy wasn't a gold digger. John F. Kennedy was also the youngest person to be elected President. JFK wasn't known for having 3 divorces (although he did cheat). Kennedy wasn't nearly as crass as Trump.
Who did Jackie marry after the assassination ?

Was social media around in 1960-63 watching JFK's every move ?

Old 12-03-2016, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Who did Jackie marry after the assassination ?

Was social media around in 1960-63 watching JFK's every move ?
Onassis. But we are talking about Presidents. Was JFK a billionaire?

Old 12-03-2016, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Onassis. But we are talking about Presidents. Was JFK a billionaire?
No, we're talking about gold diggers ... Jackie married into a very wealthy family and then married an old billionaire. The Kennedys are/were worth millions ...

Old 12-03-2016, 03:48 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,333,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
.. But she did not call Michelle a creature though.. no?

I found your photo to be quite beautiful too, by the way. You look like a natural beauty. I think women should stop putting other women down.. Just my opinion.
I couldn't agree more. We women can be our own worst enemies!

Old 12-03-2016, 03:55 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,383,523 times
Quote:

Jackie Kennedy was a very well educated lady from a high class society family. She saved many of the beautiful antiques in the White House basement and updated the public areas. She also hosted a wonderful TV special of a tour of the redecorated White House.

Melania Trump can in NO WAY be compared with Jackie Kennedy, who spoke fluent French and Spanish (not Slovakian!). Jackie was so popular in France that President Kennedy began a speech in France saying that he "was the man who accompanied Jackie Kennedy to France."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies