Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 01:21 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
Camerata had her chance and threw it away. Shep Smith is a drama queen. Blitzer? He's a worn out liberal with no direction home.
Wolf. There was nothing funnier than seeing him on election night as the results came in.

'Well, we still have a few more states that haven't come in yet and those are states that historically go to the Democrats.'

'Two more states to go, but those are important states for Democratic voters!'

'I think it's raining in that last state and there are probably delays in getting to the polls tonight.'

'It's possible people forgot to fall back, so their clocks are wrong, and they don't know the polls are about to close, so they're probably on their way to the polls right now.'

'Those final states have called it for Trump, but they may be wrong, so we're not going to call it just yet.'

He just wouldn't give it up. As soon as they cut away from him he probably dropped to the floor, got in the fetal position and put his thumb in his mouth.

Old 12-01-2016, 01:26 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Wolf. There was nothing funnier than seeing him on election night as the results came in.

'Well, we still have a few more states that haven't come in yet and those are states that historically go to the Democrats.'

'I think it's raining in that last state and there are probably delays in getting to the polls tonight.'

'It's possible people forgot to fall back, so their clocks are wrong, and they don't know the polls are about to close, so they're probably on their way to the polls right now.'

'Those final states have called it for Trump, but they may be wrong, so we're not going to call it just yet.'

He just wouldn't give it up. As soon as they cut away from him he probably dropped to floor, got in the fetal position and put his thumb in his mouth.
Which brings us to one of the greatest things to ever happen in my lifetime...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s9xokE0fRok

Old 12-01-2016, 01:31 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,930,229 times
Interesting. Use the power of the Fox audience to promote your book and then bail to CNN.

Old 12-01-2016, 01:32 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:

He just wouldn't give it up. As soon as they cut away from him he probably dropped to floor, got in the fetal position and put his thumb in his mouth.
We watched that coverage and once Trump pulled ahead in the EC vote he was never again touched, Clinton got a historic walloping in the EC vote. I was shocked, it was something like 296 to 224 or something huge like that, that's why she conceded so quickly even though she's ahead in the Pop vote, she got her azz handed to her.

We were watching fox for the most part, but I switched it over to CNN a few times and there was definitely a more sober tone on that network and on FOX they remained much more even toned, they're wasn't any real gloating for the most part, a little on Hannity's part, but the actual election coverage was pretty even handed. Bret Bart and Megan Kelly were the main hosts and they had a panel of the usual crowd there talking but again, the tone was more just about reporting and not about gloating.

When they showed Clinton's rally and you could see people openly crying as the night wore on and it became obvious that Clinton was losing badly, no one on Fox said anything nasty about it. I openly laughed myself at the Clinton people crying.

I say this as a guy that didn't vote for Trump, I have no vested interest here. I'm just shocked that people can't conduct themselves with a little maturity, especially the college kids with their missing classes and therapy dogs and crying on the ground. Jeezus, grow up people, get a spine already.

Old 12-01-2016, 01:34 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
She reminds me of a Pit Bull (sorry Pit Bulls) with that ready to attack look on her face.

Old 12-01-2016, 01:42 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
We watched that coverage and once Trump pulled ahead in the EC vote he was never again touched, Clinton got a historic walloping in the EC vote. I was shocked, it was something like 296 to 224 or something huge like that, that's why she conceded so quickly even though she's ahead in the Pop vote, she got her azz handed to her.

We were watching fox for the most part, but I switched it over to CNN a few times and there was definitely a more sober tone on that network and on FOX they remained much more even toned, they're wasn't any real gloating for the most part, a little on Hannity's part, but the actual election coverage was pretty even handed. Bret Bart and Megan Kelly were the main hosts and they had a panel of the usual crowd there talking but again, the tone was more just about reporting and not about gloating.

When they showed Clinton's rally and you could see people openly crying as the night wore on and it became obvious that Clinton was losing badly, no one on Fox said anything nasty about it. I openly laughed myself at the Clinton people crying.

I say this as a guy that didn't vote for Trump, I have no vested interest here. I'm just shocked that people can't conduct themselves with a little maturity, especially the college kids with their missing classes and therapy dogs and crying on the ground. Jeezus, grow up people, get a spine already.
Well, Megyn Kelly may have been unhappy Trump was winning...lol.

I have no problem with people who worked on the campaign crying. None. They dedicated a lot of time to seeing their candidate elected, worked extremely long hours, and then were faced with the disappointment of losing. It's like athletes who get to the Super Bowl, and then lose.

But I cannot tolerate these television talking heads who claim they have no bias, and then look depressed, desperate, and teary eyed.

The people crying on college campuses or out on the street, I didn't quite get either. All you can do is hope for the best when your candidate loses. That seems like a silly thing to shed tears over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Which brings us to one of the greatest things to ever happen in my lifetime...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s9xokE0fRok
Gotta love the deer caught in the headlights look on Wolf's face!

Old 12-01-2016, 01:45 PM

2,320 posts, read 1,869,838 times
It would be great if she moved to CNN, then we could watch a better channel when over at our friends house (he's got a crush on her)....!

Old 12-01-2016, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Well, Megyn Kelly may have been unhappy Trump was winning...lol.

I have no problem with people who worked on the campaign crying. None. They dedicated a lot of time to seeing their candidate elected, worked extremely long hours, and then were faced with the disappointment of losing. It's like athletes who get to the Super Bowl, and then lose.

But I cannot tolerate these television talking heads who claim they have no bias, and then look depressed, desperate, and teary eyed.

The people crying on college campuses or out on the street, I didn't quite get either. All you can do is hope for the best when your candidate loses. That seems like a silly thing to shed tears over.

Gotta love the deer caught in the headlights look on Wolf's face!
IDK, I didn't get Megan being upset, but whatever. LOL, don't wanna split hairs here.

Old 12-01-2016, 01:58 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
I hope she does, I would start watching Fox more if that nasty women was gone!
CNN WANTS MEGYN
I don't care if she stays with Fox or moves over to CNN. I watch her show pretty regularly but I'm not emotionally invested in her and where she works. There's a lot of crap that's been floating around about Kelly for a while - rabid Trump supporters who went on (and on) about her opening question during the first debate, her feud with Trump and then their kissing and making up, her book (and rabid Trump supporters trashing her book on Amazon), her contract negotiations, what she said and when she said it re: the sexual abuse deal with Ailes, her being the "future" of Fox.

Truthfully, who cares? She is a very wealthy woman. She's intelligent. She's a pretty and personable talking head. An overpriced talking head, as many of them are. So Ms Megyn, go wherever you want. Some people will follow you to CNN if you move. Some won't. Someone else will take your spot on Fox if you go. Life will go on, I'll still get the news, and she'll still be a very wealthy woman.

The end.

Old 12-01-2016, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
She reminds me of a Pit Bull (sorry Pit Bulls) with that ready to attack look on her face.
I don't really get that myself. I was just talking to the GF and she said that she can see what you're saying. What annoys me about her is when she is talking to someone and they do the split screen thing and you see her looking at the camera and she tilts her head to each side back and forth like a puppy dog, it sounds like it would be cute and endearing but it just annoys the hell out of me. LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies