Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 02:19 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,305,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Tom Ford??

Who is that?
Don't attend Fashion Week, eh?

25,303 posts, read 21,499,110 times
https://www.mrconservative.com/2015/...ive-his-reign/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

39,266 posts, read 27,666,911 times
lol

Old 12-01-2016, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Tracking national security risks has been done forever.

His proposals and refusal to denounce the KKK are really veering close to Hitler territory. Read about the rise of Hitler.

There are some very definite parallels.

Doesn't mean he IS Hitler, of course. I'm not being literal. There are differences. Just not enough of them for my liking.
What are you talking about refusal to denounce KKK?

Did you know that Hillary was endorsed by KKK Grand Dragon?..

Ku Klux Klan Grand Dragon Will Quigg Endorses Hillary Clinton for President | Politics | US News

Oh also Hillary called a former KKK member a mentor. Can you imagine if Trump did that?
http://nation.foxnews.com/2016/08/25...end-and-mentor

Hillary seemed to have more of a relationship to the KKK than Trump. I don't think there are too many KKK in Manhattan..

This KKK stuff is just nonsense and shows that Anti-Trump crowd can't debate on the actual issues.

Old 12-01-2016, 02:25 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,305,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
What are you talking about refusal to denounce KKK?

Did you know that Hillary was endorsed by KKK Grand Dragon?..

Ku Klux Klan Grand Dragon Will Quigg Endorses Hillary Clinton for President | Politics | US News

This KKK stuff is just nonsense and shows that Anti-Trump crowd can't debate on the actual issues.
I know that various members of the Klan endorse all manner of politicians.

Whether or not they denounce them is another matter entirely.

Hillary has denounced the entire group. What's Trump doing? Tweeting again about ejecting citizens for exercising their first amendment rights again? (There you go... an actual issue... I could debate about those all day, but you decided to hone in on my one comment re: Hitler earlier... I was over here talking about fashion.)

Old 12-01-2016, 02:25 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,695,777 times
Quote:
Tracking national security risks has been done forever.

His proposals and refusal to denounce the KKK are really veering close to Hitler territory. Read about the rise of Hitler.

There are some very definite parallels.

Doesn't mean he IS Hitler, of course. I'm not being literal. There are differences. Just not enough of them for my liking.
Trump did denounce the KKK. Absolutely.

As for the rest, I'm not buying the argument that Trump is going to turn the USA into the Third Reich. Maybe you can list out some specific actions that he has taken that match what Hitler did in 1933 that would lead you to that conclusion.

Old 12-01-2016, 02:30 PM

7,493 posts, read 6,277,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
I'm sure Melania isn't losing sleep over this.

Where are these powerless women that can afford $3,500 for one piece of clothing?

Who is the target customer for Tom Ford? A minimum wage worker? A college intern?
The everyday person can't afford $3,500 almost anything let alone one stupid outfit

How out of touch is this guy and other liberals like him?..

What should Melania wear? Should she pull rags out of dumpsters from the streets of NYC just to prove a point?

____
The high-end designer added that he doesn't believe any first lady or woman in power should wear his designs because they can cost upwards of $3,500. The outspoken Democrat said that even if Hillary Clinton had won, he would not have dressed her.

"The first lady — other than the fact that I'm a Democrat and voted for Hillary [Clinton] and am very sad and disappointed that she’s not in office — even had Hillary won, she shouldn't be wearing my clothes. They're too expensive," Ford said.

Tom Ford on why he won't dress Melania Trump | Fox News
What is a Tom Ford? Something similar to an Edsel?

Old 12-01-2016, 02:39 PM

39,889 posts, read 26,562,438 times
I doubt that Melania is too concerned.

https://elementarypolitics.files.wor...ly-clothes.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...be1ac41072.jpg

http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.c...a-In-Preen.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...5601fc0dfe.jpg

She doesn't tend to wear cloths that look like they were designed by pre-schoolers with finger paint.

Old 12-01-2016, 02:40 PM

39,889 posts, read 26,562,438 times
Quote:
The image of the woman he wants to design for.

Eh. His right. He's a designer who is NOT hurting for clients or cash.

He's not the first designer who has refused to dress her.

He will not be the last. Too many liberal designers, homosexual designers, and advocates in the world of fashion.

Melania will find something to wear, though. Plenty of designers don't care about politics and/or want to get attention with their clothes.
Are you saying a business should be able to chose who they serve?

Old 12-01-2016, 02:43 PM

Apparently some lefties are viewing this as a bold move to 'rise up' against Trumpism.. whatever that means

BTW this woman has her own law firm and is a 'legal analyst' for NBC & Avoo..

https://twitter.com/LisaBloom/status/804397214734745600
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies