Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 12:49 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times

Advertisements

sensitive people needs to stay off the media- but 18? someone missed some something at home? I posted in the other thread I am fem- pulled one bully's hair right out and threw one good punch at a dude in school- knocked him over- 4'11--here
I have 3 sons and 6 grands we don't accept bullys and if I can fight back and stand so can they- BUT mostly my family knows they are -beautiful - great- loved and backed! 101%

Old 12-02-2016, 01:01 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
sensitive people needs to stay off the media- but 18? someone missed some something at home? I posted in the other thread I am fem- pulled one bully's hair right out and threw one good punch at a dude in school- knocked him over- 4'11--here
I have 3 sons and 6 grands we don't accept bullys and if I can fight back and stand so can they- BUT mostly my family knows they are -beautiful - great- loved and backed! 101%
Good post.

----------------------------------------------------------

I want to add, most people who committed suicide also have VERY loving and supportive loved ones and family members.

There is no single cause to suicide. It most often occurs when stressors exceed current coping abilities of someone suffering from a mental health condition.

I think it is important to note that As children move through the various tumultuous transitions that accompany adolescence — physical, emotional, hormonal, sexual, social, intellectual — the pressures and problems they encounter can all too easily seem overwhelming. For many teenagers, these and other pressures can lead to one or more of a variety of mental health disorders; all are matters of concern, and some are life-threatening.

Stop the bullying definitely helps, but teen mental health awareness is also important. Teens need to be taught there is no shame in seeking professional help, or reaching out. Suicidal thought is NEVER normal.

Old 12-03-2016, 08:27 AM

3,282 posts, read 3,794,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
People were creating fake accounts using her name and photo, and then giving out her cell phone number saying she was interested in casual sex. Cutting your kid off of the internet isn't going to stop that - she had nothing to do with it!
At this point as a parent, I would have changed her to a different school and would have fought hard to get those accounts closed, even going the legal route against Facebook if necessary. The key in these types of situations is CONTROL.

I know someone who was being harassed by a stalker non-stop, the person would stand in front of her work for hours, spray paint obscenities near her home and many other crazy things. She was falling apart due to the fear, but I told her to take full control of the situation. I helped her build a case. Everytime he did something we made sure to document it, made sure there were witnesses, took pictures, called the cops, wrote reports of everything said and done. It was alot of work and very exhausting, but necessary to stop the person.

He actually took her to court, saying SHE was stalking HIM and built a fake case against her! He did it to stop her from getting a restraining order. Because she had overwhelming evidence, they denied his request. Because we had called the cops for every thing done, and since he had done this to other women, they told him that he would be arrested if he tried one more contact.

These people are evil and will stop at nothing to get to their victims. You need to take away their power.

Old 12-03-2016, 10:29 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
At this point as a parent, I would have changed her to a different school and would have fought hard to get those accounts closed, even going the legal route against Facebook if necessary. The key in these types of situations is CONTROL.

I know someone who was being harassed by a stalker non-stop, the person would stand in front of her work for hours, spray paint obscenities near her home and many other crazy things. She was falling apart due to the fear, but I told her to take full control of the situation. I helped her build a case. Everytime he did something we made sure to document it, made sure there were witnesses, took pictures, called the cops, wrote reports of everything said and done. It was alot of work and very exhausting, but necessary to stop the person.

He actually took her to court, saying SHE was stalking HIM and built a fake case against her! He did it to stop her from getting a restraining order. Because she had overwhelming evidence, they denied his request. Because we had called the cops for every thing done, and since he had done this to other women, they told him that he would be arrested if he tried one more contact.

These people are evil and will stop at nothing to get to their victims. You need to take away their power.

I've worked with kids who have been bullied. Not all families can take their kids out of one school and send them to another school. There are district regulations, not everyone can afford a private school, and not everyone can home school.

It's always so easy to speculate when we don't have all the facts at hand. For all we know, the parents were being told she was off facebook, when she may not have been.

And not related to your post, Rosa, I'd caution anyone reading to ignore the tripe being posted by some who think they're knowledgeable about the topic because some of the things being stated are ridiculously wrong.

Old 12-03-2016, 11:39 AM

6,895 posts, read 5,864,317 times
Shooting yourself in front of your family is brutal, though. While suicide in and of itself isn't selfish, that is a truly horrible thing to do to others, especially as in this case it sounds like her family was supportive (if not all that effectual). I get that it comes from a place of despair and that presumably she wasn't entirely rational, but...oy. I hope her action doesn't get too romanticized - "suicide clusters" are a real phenomenon.

Old 12-03-2016, 11:52 AM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post

My mother's ex-husband was stalking her, and even her family. He would come by my bus stop, wait outside my cousin's workplace at night. Her friend got so fed up with it that he went to his house one night and punched him, and told him if he didn't leave us alone the next time he would do worse. It worked. The guy skipped town and we never saw him again.

Old 12-03-2016, 12:46 PM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Very obviously, she was the sick one.
She was sick, made ill by vicious, heartless, deranged bullies.

Old 12-03-2016, 03:30 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
Shooting yourself in front of your family is brutal, though.
Yes, it is.

It indicates there were many other problems than mere "bullying."

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
She was sick, made ill by vicious, heartless, deranged bullies.
Then that was her choice, right?

Old 12-03-2016, 05:12 PM

1,478 posts, read 788,882 times
When I read the news story I thought it sounded like one of those Shakespearean stories that have a number of layers to it.

I do think the young woman was bullied in a cruel manner, and her tormentors are in that sense murderers. Morally. And by that I'm sugessting in the eyes of God. But legally they probably are innocent of murder.

But that their was a time gap between the time she gave a distressing message to her sister and the moment her family members arrived to find the young lady with a gun, along with shooting her self in front of them as they pleaded with her not to, suggests (though it is not certain) she was trying to show them her pain if not harm them with it in some way.

Suicide can be used as a weapon. From the human experience we can say that. The man that can't let his wife that leaves him go, so, when she opens the door of her house he is their waiting for her and immediately shoots himself in the head. For the purpose of making her feel sorrow for the rest of her life and blame herself for his suicide/death.

Or it is possible as they pleaded with her she kept remembering her bullying and eventually squeezed the trigger, with no intent to hurt her family members but to release her from torment on earth.

Old 12-03-2016, 05:16 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,599,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
I fully reject the suicide is cowardice. Overcoming the natural instinct to live is not done lightheartedly.

Her harasses hid behind anonymity; the courts can do very little. The police even said they couldn't help.
I've never understood that argument either. Deciding to take you own life is the exact opposite of cowardice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies