Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 09:07 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njquestions View Post
Sure and guess what? You're still going to have to learn to deal with it. And all the people on here acting like "OMG, I would never act like that!" Yeah, you would and you did and you do. You don't go to work and be all nice to everyone. You probably were passive aggressive to some guy driving to work today or flipped someone off last week or gossiped about someone in the breakroom yesterday.
There is a different between repeated and constant harassment and the occasional unnecessary confrontation. For the break room analogy to work, I'd have call Jill a ***** or whatever everyday, anytime I see her.

I'm not advocating for kids being sheltered by their teachers or whatever. I just don't consider "tough it up" to be a meaningful statement. Saying that alone is no better than just saying "stop" to the bully. Something more will be needed. An example, most schools will suspend both students in a fight even if one was clearly only defending themselves. If I ran a school, I'd only suspend the one.

Old 12-01-2016, 09:09 PM

1,229 posts, read 859,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Welcome to facebook.

I can never figure out why so many people spend so much time there.

My GF and her family all fight with each other on Facebook and then don't talk to each other for months. Her and her two sisters even fight with their 73 year-old mother there. It's pure insanity.

Conversely, I have two sisters and a brother, and none of us have ever had a Facebook or Twitter account.

I can't imagine how some of the people here can have a Facebook and Twitter account.....and then have thousands of posts here too...

Old 12-01-2016, 09:10 PM

1,850 posts, read 820,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Ya, someone would have been jacked up by now, if we all knew where each other lived
LOL, there's always DMs for address exchanges, Internet Bad Ass.

Old 12-01-2016, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
For the break room analogy to work, I'd have call Jill a ***** or whatever everyday, anytime I see her.

Except that would get you fired. So instead, adults -- and all adults -- know the work around to this. I can guarantee you that at your work you know people who hate each other and everyone knows it. And they hate each other in a way that doesn't get them fired.

Old 12-01-2016, 09:12 PM

21,475 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Sure and guess what? You're still going to have to learn to deal with it. And all the people on here acting like "OMG, I would never act like that!" Yeah, you would and you did and you do. You don't go to work and be all nice to everyone. You probably were passive aggressive to some guy driving to work today or flipped someone off last week or gossiped about someone in the breakroom yesterday.
Sounds to me like you were a bully, and if your kids were bullies you would blame the victim for being weak. Your contempt for this girl is obvious, and you know nothing about the situation. The article didn't say how it happened or when it started. She could have been friends with these people at one point.

I go to work and "be all nice to everyone" on a daily basis. I don't work in big corporate office though, so I don't have a lot of coworkers, but I'm pretty sure I would be all nice there too. I'm not into drama, especially at work. And flipping off some driver is not comparable.

Old 12-01-2016, 09:15 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Unhappy *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea
Very obviously, she was the sick one.
This was horrible......... Poor girl!!

I feel for the family

Old 12-01-2016, 09:16 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Cyber bullying happens every minute in these here political forums!(Tell me I'm lying) We must have been taught something she wasn't....
Are you a vulnerable teen?

Old 12-01-2016, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Sounds to me like you were a bully, and if your kids were bullies you would blame the victim for being weak. Your contempt for this girl is obvious, and you know nothing about the situation. The article didn't say how it happened or when it started. She could have been friends with these people at one point.

I go to work and "be all nice to everyone" on a daily basis. I don't work in big corporate office though, so I don't have a lot of coworkers. And flipping off some driver is not comparable.
Nope, never was a bully, lol. And I'm neither contemptuous nor supportive of this girl. You consider my lack of sympathy for her to be contempt when, in fact, it's just lack of sympathy.

Old 12-01-2016, 09:20 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:

I realize this is probably going to be taken as a compliment - but Ann Coulter, is that you?

I never bullied anyone, I'm nice to everyone I work with and those I encounter, until they're not nice to me.

Just because some people have anger management issues doesn't mean everyone does. You want to believe everyone behaves badly, but you're wrong.

Old 12-01-2016, 09:20 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,955 times
Quote:
Except that would get you fired. So instead, adults -- and all adults -- know the work around to this. I can guarantee you that at your work you know people who hate each other and everyone knows it. And they hate each other in a way that doesn't get them fired.
We still aren't talking about just hatred or disliking each other. It's bigger than that. You're right about one thing though, if I called Jill a ***** every day all the time, I'd lose my job. My biggest issue is inaction. As I said, apathy is repugnant. When schools deal with bullying, it's usually more a symbolic gesture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies