Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2016, 02:53 PM

7,974 posts, read 7,349,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
The hard part about talking to people like you is your inability to accept objective facts. Trump's not a racist and doesn't have anything to indicate he is? So you how do you explain getting sued TWICE by the DoJ for refusing to rent to Black applicants?
Years ago, I worked for an attorney who had rental properties as a second income. He wouldn't rent to blacks either. Why? They didn't pay their rent, didn't pay it on time, and destroyed property (one punched holes in the wall, another deliberately stopped up the toilet). Not saying he didn't have that problem with white tenants opccasionally...but it was pretty extreme with the black tenants. It got to the point that...he just weeded them out. He was a businessman, out to make a profit from his rental properties, not be a charitable organization.

Then there was the grandma who was paying her college student granddaughter's rent on her apartment...and discovered granddaughter had a live-in black boyfriend. Grandma stopped paying the rent immediately. I had to take the griping, irate phone calls myself, from both sides, so I know.

I'm not saying it is right to discriminate....but had that been my rental property, from what I witnessed myself, I'd have probably done the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2016, 03:46 PM

5,133 posts, read 4,484,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
It's nice to have a "classy" president.

But I prefer a strong economy for all citizens.
Obama brought the national unemployment rate down from 11.8% to as low as 4.7% (it now hovers between 4.8-4.9%). When he entered office, the stock market was on the brink of collapse. Since his time as President, the market has had a steady rise and reached all-time highs. When he came into office, the auto industry was on the verge of bankruptcy, as well as several other sectors. During his presidency, they have all had a healthy resurgence.

"The average net-positive rating of the 24 sectors is now +18, up from -1 in 2008, and the highest since 2003."

The quote above is from an article written in 2014. Since then, most sectors have continued to grow steadily. Business and Industry Sector Images Continue to Improve | Gallup

So I think most fair people would say that, overall, the economy has had a decent recovery under him.

And, yes, despite all the unfairness hurled at him, he has always been a class act.

Old 12-03-2016, 04:04 PM

649 posts, read 316,471 times
Class acts aren't bald face liars with a pen & a phone . What was it , 29 times he looked us in the eye & said , if you like your insurance , you can keep your insurance , period , if you like your doctor , you can keep your doctor , period .

Old 12-03-2016, 04:23 PM

1,180 posts, read 777,832 times
YouTube "Baracka Flacka Flames - Head Of State"

Old 12-03-2016, 05:24 PM

5,133 posts, read 4,484,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan Savage View Post
Class acts aren't bald face liars with a pen & a phone . What was it , 29 times he looked us in the eye & said , if you like your insurance , you can keep your insurance , period , if you like your doctor , you can keep your doctor , period .
Well, if I got started with all the bald-faced lies told to us by various Presidents during my lifetime alone, I'd be sitting here for the next several hours writing. They all lie. But some cause a lot of wreckage in addition. Whereas others, like Obama, actually improve a few things.

Old 12-03-2016, 06:30 PM

809 posts, read 746,653 times
Quote:
Which was true. If you understand the ACA, which started in 2010, if you had a plan (which might have sucked) before 2010, you were grandfathered in. You could keep it.

I think the "ACA 1.0" plans that started in 2010, were kinda too good to be true. They were loss leaders by the insurance companies to get new enrollments. Fortunately, for some of us, our President used his bully pulpit to convince many of the insurance companies to continue those "loss leader" plans. I'm still on one of them.

I think these plans will likely be trumped and repup'd.

But hey, if you like your voting delusion, you can keep your voting delusion.

Old 12-03-2016, 08:06 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
they hate Trump because he's wealthy and admits to enjoy being wealthy . I guess they'd prefer if he lied and pretended to be broke like all the well known liberal politicians . Hypocrites
I don't think any one cares about his wealth. This thread is about decency and class a president should have which Obama exhibited. Trump has neither one going for him. To think we elected someone who insulted women, minorities and his fellow candidates makes me wonder about our fellow man. Why is this acceptable. Actually, it's not for many and that's why protests are going on.

Old 12-03-2016, 08:22 PM

649 posts, read 316,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upgrader View Post
Which was true. If you understand the ACA, which started in 2010, if you had a plan (which might have sucked) before 2010, you were grandfathered in. You could keep it.

I think the "ACA 1.0" plans that started in 2010, were kinda too good to be true. They were loss leaders by the insurance companies to get new enrollments. Fortunately, for some of us, our President used his bully pulpit to convince many of the insurance companies to continue those "loss leader" plans. I'm still on one of them.

I think these plans will likely be trumped and repup'd.

But hey, if you like your voting delusion, you can keep your voting delusion.
Parasites that want someone else to pay their way love Obamacare .

Old 12-03-2016, 08:24 PM

1,180 posts, read 777,832 times
**** Barack Obama.

There.

(I typed the asterisks in myself.)

Old 12-03-2016, 09:37 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Parasites that want someone else to pay their way love Obamacare .
Do you realize that people who have health insurance pay for those who are uninsured. So it's a good thing for all to be insured.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies