Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 05:04 PM

1,180 posts, read 777,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
"No, no. I have been practicing...I bowled a 129. It's like -- it was like Special Olympics, or something." -- Barack Obama

Very classy!

The 25 Most Obnoxious Quotes From Barack Obama - John Hawkins
He used the word "Internets" like an old Grandpa.

Trump is President, right? No need for 0Bama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2016, 05:06 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,008,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Indeed. Obama bombed 7 Arab countries, destroyed Syria & Libya in pointless wars of choice, and hugely increased the war in Afghanistan, all with absolutely no results.
  • 1,000s of Americans soldiers dead
  • 10s of 1,000s Americans maimed for life
  • 100s of 1,000s of innocent civilians killed
  • 1,000,000s displaced as homeless refugees with no future
  • Trillions in debt
Again, with no results to show for any of it. You can bet that none of these people think that Obama is "classy".

Anyone who would claim that Obama has "class" has their head stuck in the sand.
Obama stated b the war on Syria, which by war you mean civil war? I have seen some of his accuse Hillary of starting the Iraq war because she voted for it so I guess in that world it makes sense.

Old 12-07-2016, 12:41 PM

3,569 posts, read 2,520,572 times
Quote:
"No, no. I have been practicing...I bowled a 129. It's like -- it was like Special Olympics, or something." -- Barack Obama

Very classy!

The 25 Most Obnoxious Quotes From Barack Obama - John Hawkins
I take it you don't like Donald Trump?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAcapulco View Post
He used the word "Internets" like an old Grandpa.

Trump is President, right? No need for 0Bama.
Not until January 20, 2017.

Old 12-10-2016, 07:23 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,946,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
The hard part about talking to people like you is your inability to accept objective facts. Trump's not a racist and doesn't have anything to indicate he is? So you how do you explain getting sued TWICE by the DoJ for refusing to rent to Black applicants?
Didn't this happen in the early 70s? Lots have changed in the past 50 years. Is he still refusing to rent to blacks and other minorities? Has he refused in the last 40+ years? Didn't think so.

Old 12-10-2016, 09:59 AM

29,548 posts, read 9,716,744 times
Quote:
He's gone above and beyond what he's required to do to help President-elect Trump come into office ready for all the duties he'll have on his plate. Obama is helping the man who spent years lying and telling America that Obama:
-was lying about his citizenship,
-was lying his Muslim beliefs,
-was not smart enough to get into Columbia or Harvard w/o affirmative action
-wasn't smart enough to actually do well at either school
-was a terrorist sympathizer & collaborator

Even if President Obama hasn't forgiven Trump for the vile things he said, he's putting the country first by making sure that the man who replaces has the best chance to succeed. That's better than most of us would treat someone who treated us as poorly as Trump treated President Obama. His behavior over the last 3 weeks has done more to cement his legacy as one of our greatest Americans and a shining example of what it means to be a good man, good husband, and good father. Respect.
Comes a point when considering all the comments in a thread like this that one comes to realize how interesting it is that people can know, follow, experience life under the same POTUS and view their character and/or legacy so very differently. Asking people to respect Obama is much like asking people about their religion. If it is their religion you are wanting them to respect, of course. If not, you are simply urinating in the wind...

Also interesting, don't you think, that these more recent comments are not coming from mostly new people to this forum. They are the same comments, over and over, by the same cast of characters who sing EXACTLY the same tune no matter what the subject of the thread.

Either Obama is the worst thing that ever happened to America, going back to before he even became POTUS, (back when he was a foreign-born Muslim Communist terrorist, or... Obama is one of the greatest POTUS ever...

Which is true, which is not or maybe something in between, well no doubt more of the same people repeating themselves over and over will get us to the truth sooner or later, or not.

No matter how many times the same sentiments are repeated and no matter how brilliant or moronic the comment(s), I'm thinking no matter. Not...

Old 12-10-2016, 10:08 AM

1,649 posts, read 1,007,996 times
Quote:
He's gone above and beyond what he's required to do to help President-elect Trump come into office ready for all the duties he'll have on his plate. Obama is helping the man who spent years lying and telling America that Obama:
-was lying about his citizenship,
-was lying his Muslim beliefs,
-was not smart enough to get into Columbia or Harvard w/o affirmative action
-wasn't smart enough to actually do well at either school
-was a terrorist sympathizer & collaborator

Even if President Obama hasn't forgiven Trump for the vile things he said, he's putting the country first by making sure that the man who replaces has the best chance to succeed. That's better than most of us would treat someone who treated us as poorly as Trump treated President Obama. His behavior over the last 3 weeks has done more to cement his legacy as one of our greatest Americans and a shining example of what it means to be a good man, good husband, and good father. Respect.
He was a joke of a POTUS, but he's been a class act through the transition.

Bush was the same. Obama said all kinds of horrible things about Bush, but he was still treated with class.

When Trump leaves office, he'll be pure class as well.

It's the same reason two boxers hug and say nice things about each other after they get done fighting. The fight is over.

Old 12-11-2016, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
He was a joke of a POTUS, but he's been a class act through the transition.

Bush was the same. Obama said all kinds of horrible things about Bush, but he was still treated with class.

When Trump leaves office, he'll be pure class as well.

It's the same reason two boxers hug and say nice things about each other after they get done fighting. The fight is over.
Key to leaving office a class act is to arrive a class act. I find it very hard to consider Trump a class act either way, let alone a "pure" class act given all too many comments and things he has done that can hardly be considered "classy."

More like trashy as far as lots of people are concerned, but sometimes even trash can be recycled into something not so trashy. Others say you simply "cannot change the spots on a dog."

Old 12-11-2016, 08:38 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,454,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Key to leaving office a class act is to arrive a class act. I find it very hard to consider Trump a class act either way, let alone a "pure" class act given all too many comments and things he has done that can hardly be considered "classy."

More like trashy as far as lots of people are concerned, but sometimes even trash can be recycled into something not so trashy. Others say you simply "cannot change the spots on a dog."
I'm sure some would of loved for Trump to have been more polite to Clinton and his other rivals .
But I'm glad he exposed them for what they were . Hillary was and is crooked . So some might view Trump's use of that label as crass or not classy but she she's not a classy person . She just tried to hide behind the mask of deceny and political correctness.

Was it classy for her to call tens of millions of Americans "deplorables " ?
Was it classy for her to defend a rapist that beat and raped a 12 year old and gloat about getting him off?

Just a couple examples .

Old 12-11-2016, 08:48 AM

Quote:
I'm sure some would of loved for Trump to have been more polite to Clinton and his other rivals .
But I'm glad he exposed them for what they were . Hillary was and is crooked . So some might view Trump's use of that label as crass or not classy but she she's not a classy person . She just tried to hide behind the mask of deceny and political correctness.

Was it classy for her to call tens of millions of Americans "deplorables " ?
Was it classy for her to defend a rapist that beat and raped a 12 year old and gloat about getting him off?

Just a couple examples .
Lots that goes on in politics is hard to view as "classy." Like I've often commented, it is hard to be in a mud fight and not get muddy, but when it comes to whether Trump is a classy person or not, I'm thinking more in terms of who these people have proven themselves to be outside of the political mud-slinging ring...

October 7, 2016: When video emerged of him talking about 'grabbing' (women) 'by the p----'

Mr Trump hit a new low after the emergence of a video in which he discusses "grabbing (women) by the p----" and states that “when you’re a star, they let you do it”.

The 70-year-old uses lewd and sexually aggressive language to brag about groping and trying to have sex with women, including someone who was married, in footage obtained by the Washington Post.

In the video, Trump is recorded talking about an unnamed woman to Billy Bush, who was a host for Access Hollywood, a TV entertainment show.

“I moved on her and I failed. I’ll admit it,” Trump says. “I did try and f--- her. She was married.

“And I moved on her very heavily... I moved on her like a b----, but I couldn’t get there. And she was married."

Donald Trump sexism tracker: Every offensive comment in one place

Insulting other political candidates is one thing, but insulting all women along with lots and lots of other people, not only with demeaning rhetoric but actions as well..., that's another thing entirely, and not cool, not classy, no matter how Trump supporters reconcile the likes!

Old 12-11-2016, 09:56 AM

649 posts, read 316,506 times
Obama don't belong in the same sentence as decency & class .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies