Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 03:21 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,457,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Soros, Gates and Buffet are all rich....does this make them bad unqualified people?

Is Kerry had married Jane Doe instead of an heiress would that make him more or less human?

Basically, it's rather sad that this is the complaint. If they do a poor job, if they make decisions you disagree with or are unqualified etc. then make those valid complaints at the proper time.

All I'm hearing now is a constant barrage of garbage about how people he haven't picked yet are going to be horrible or that he isn't picking fast enough or that he's going to pick unqualified outsiders but wait now it's complaints that he's hiring insiders....seriously, you Nuevo-birthers are just as nutty and annoying as the originals.
again my issue is the man who ran on a populist platform is naming reactionary social issue people and extremely wealthy people to his cabinet. Ranting against Hillary for taking $$ for speeches to GS while naming a legacy goldman partner as his treasury pick is hypocritical at best....the people who voted Trump got sold a bill of goods- he's an establishment Republican which is fine if that;s why you voted for him, but many people voted for him b.c he was going to help the little guy which is prob not gonna happen when the "king of Bankruptcy" is commerce secretary...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2016, 05:38 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,942,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
again my issue is the man who ran on a populist platform is naming reactionary social issue people and extremely wealthy people to his cabinet. Ranting against Hillary for taking $$ for speeches to GS while naming a legacy goldman partner as his treasury pick is hypocritical at best....the people who voted Trump got sold a bill of goods- he's an establishment Republican which is fine if that;s why you voted for him, but many people voted for him b.c he was going to help the little guy which is prob not gonna happen when the "king of Bankruptcy" is commerce secretary...
You're looking too deep into this.
Obama didn't help them.
Hillary is an extension of Obama and didn't even pretend to want to help them.
Trump was the only choice even half attempting to help anyone.
It's not rocket science.

Old 12-02-2016, 05:43 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,724,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
I don't think Trump supporters ever bought that he was invested in helping working-class people. They just liked that he pissed off teh libruls.
This is probably the most insightful thing I've seen on this forum in months. Really the only consistent and coherent belief you find widespread among Trump supporters is that they hate liberals.

Old 12-02-2016, 05:46 PM

Quote:
China and Mexico have middle class jobs b/c they get paid 10 dollars a day to do them that's what middle class is there- nobody is going to pay a US worker 60K a year to do the same job, no matter what the president elect claimed on the campaign trail. Maybe if we worried about improving public education and building up trade schools we could bring back more middle class and upper middle class jobs. We cant compete with low skill jobs anymore but retraining to high tech manufacturing and trades we certainly can.

And I don't say 'eff anybody- I just wish my friends and family would stop voting against their own economic self interests. Getting distracted by who goes poo-poo where is how they don't notice how wages have been stagnant for decades now while expense explode, for instance health care costs and taking away insurance for millions isn't gonna fix that nor is giving someone a 6K voucher for a 15K policy....
They gave Obama 8 years to improve their economic self interest. It didn't work.
The myth that manufacturing jobs have to leave just isn't true. Even Volvo ( a Chinese owned car company) is opening a plant in the US.
This myth that the US can be a superpower of over 330 million people with no manufacturing isn't even remotely feasible.

Old 12-02-2016, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
This is probably the most insightful thing I've seen on this forum in months. Really the only consistent and coherent belief you find widespread among Trump supporters is that they hate liberals.
Most do, but that doesn't explain how he's pulled in former Democratic voting blocks.

Old 12-02-2016, 05:50 PM

3,500 posts, read 2,785,689 times
Trump's cabinet is full of insiders and elites. Bet Trump's supporters don't get the connection.

Old 12-02-2016, 06:05 PM

439 posts, read 357,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
So he should hire losers and failures?

Well, in all fairness, Trump promised his supporters jobs...

Old 12-03-2016, 04:26 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,299,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I thought he was going to be different, he was an awful large critic Hillary Clinton and her Wall Street and Goldman Sachs connections. So who did he pick, someone from Goldman Sachs whose father is also from Goldman Sachs. That's alright because his picks are smart. LOL

Doesn't anyone here have a memory, geez the election campaign wasn't that long ago.
You must not have been following the election very closely. He criticized Clinton because of her hypocrisy. She bashed "Wall Street" continually, all the while taking their money, not only for her campaign, but for the Clinton Foundation.

Old 12-03-2016, 04:29 AM

Quote:
no, but when someone runs on an anti-globalist, anti-corporate elitist platform making a point about how his opponent made $$$ off of speeches to GS and was part of the so called "Wall Street criminal cabal" it seems slightly phony/hypocritical to then turn around and pick a GS partner who is a son of another GS partner to be your treasury secretary...i mean he could have picked a populist person, or heck even someone from JPM...

The only reason he was anti-Wall St was because they wouldn't lend him $$ anymore...
He wasn't "anti-Wall Street." He was anti-Clinton hypocrisy. No wonder your side lost. You can't figure out something so simple.

Old 12-03-2016, 05:04 AM

Quote:
no, but when someone runs on an anti-globalist, anti-corporate elitist platform making a point about how his opponent made $$$ off of speeches to GS and was part of the so called "Wall Street criminal cabal" it seems slightly phony/hypocritical to then turn around and pick a GS partner who is a son of another GS partner to be your treasury secretary...i mean he could have picked a populist person, or heck even someone from JPM...

The only reason he was anti-Wall St was because they wouldn't lend him $$ anymore...
I think you need to read this:

"The first thing you do when you want a building project to succeed is assemble a team of architects, superintendents, subcontractors, suppliers, and workers who excel at what they do. Watching the assembling of Trump's transition team, his cabinet, and his other appointments has been a treat. Yep, he's done this before, and it's quite clear that what he's doing is selecting a team of individuals who excel."

Full article: Articles: On Time, under Budget
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies