Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 12:13 PM

13,510 posts, read 17,028,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Besides the ones that came here alone they'd have their parents with them don't you think? Do we deport the parents then put the kid in an orphanage?
Oh, so you are saying this is an anchor-child bill.

Yeah, it's still some sticky politics. Not going to be very good camera ops to see whole families being put on busses back to Mexico.

Seal the border first. Start taxing wires back second. Then see where we are at.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2016, 12:17 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,109,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
All else aside, if this is going to be done, "significant" run-ins with the laws? How about NO run-ins with the law.
Yes bc let's deport kids with a citation for skateboarding in the park after hours.

Old 12-02-2016, 12:21 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,555,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
I am opposed to illegal immigration and want the border sealed..but deporting kids is pretty bad politics.
How so? The children are with their parents, no?

Old 12-02-2016, 12:27 PM

20,123 posts, read 16,144,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Yes bc let's deport kids with a citation for skateboarding in the park after hours.
They are here illegally to begin with, frankly I think they should be deported regardless. Here's a tip, if you are already breaking one law it's probably not a good idea to bring attention to yourself by breaking other laws.

Old 12-02-2016, 12:32 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times
IF such a bill had a ghost of a chance of passing the House & Senate -- THEN Obama would not have written an "Executive Memo" in the first place. This is going nowhere and both Graham & Durbin know it.
Add to that - both of these men are Attorneys. I would expect that they are aware that DACA/DAPA has a Court Order against the program and that they must be aware that the Supreme Court kicked the case back down to the Texas Court that issued the injunction against DACA/DAPA.
TeamObama lost this case in June 2016.

United States v. Texas |ScotusBlog - June 23, 2016

Just more propaganda from the #NeverTrump Losers.

Old 12-02-2016, 12:51 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,109,464 times
Quote:
They are here illegally to begin with, frankly I think they should be deported regardless. Here's a tip, if you are already breaking one law it's probably not a good idea to bring attention to yourself by breaking other laws.
Lol... so why even bother w/ that "no run-ins" nonsense. You obviously don't believe that. Just come out and say "deport them all." Be honest w/ yourself and stop trying to seem like you're open to some middle-ground in this discussion. What's next... "Let's not deport good students, and by good, I mean 99% on the SAT."

Old 12-02-2016, 12:52 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
It should be noted they ran TV adverts here in NC, where Lindsay Graham supported Hillary Clinton.

Too bad he won't be up for election until 4 more years.

Old 12-02-2016, 01:25 PM

772 posts, read 390,218 times
Vote those senators out!!!

President Trump can rescind any executive order that Obummer created without their consent.

Old 12-02-2016, 01:29 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
Quote:
We need tough laws so this is not repeated. What does this say to all the legal immigrants who came here lawfully?

Old 12-02-2016, 01:34 PM

50,239 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Oh, so you are saying this is an anchor-child bill.

Yeah, it's still some sticky politics. Not going to be very good camera ops to see whole families being put on busses back to Mexico.

Seal the border first. Start taxing wires back second. Then see where we are at.
It doesn't apply to Americans which is the definition of anchor-child. I do agree that taxing remittances would be a good thing. If the entire family came here illegally it is only just and fair all of them are removed. If blame is to be assigned it is directly at the adults doing the deed.

IMO the bad camera op is the one of them sneaking across the border to begin with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies