Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 11:09 PM

2,682 posts, read 2,179,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The reality is we are the one currently invading at the very least five other countries killing thousands of individuals, the vast majority of whom would never even think of us on a daily basis if not for having to worry constantly about one of our bombs dropping on their heads.

Just to be clear, by "we" do you mean the Bush and Obama administrations, including Obama's Secretary of State?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2016, 02:44 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,858,983 times
I cant really fault the mom for being bent up and saying something dumb at her son's funeral. To us, he's a nutty would-be terrorist... A miserable failure if there ever was one who couldn't even commit terror correctly. To his mom, he's the baby she carried for 9 months and raised. His doing something like this is going to reflect on her and the rest of his family. I doubt this is what she wanted for him and I'm sure he kept it from her... So, in her eyes, her wonderful, loving, studious boy who was going to get married and get a career and make her proud was suddenly shot dead and no amount of evidence is going to sway her belief that he was a good boy. How often do we hear a parent say their kid "didn't do anything" when they are killed while committing a crime? How often do parents try to defend their kids' crap behavior?

Hopefully in the coming months and years, she can come to accept reality and can perhaps do her part to prevent this from happening to other moms.

Old 12-10-2016, 08:20 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I don't know what you're saying. Were we just supposed to let them slam jets into our buildings and go cry to the U.N.?
Yes you do.

Old 12-10-2016, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I'm against nation building in cesspools and wasting blood and treasure, but don't be ridiculous. The progressive a-holes have planted thousands of Muslim Somalians in Columbus. What the hell constant US bombing and killing of Somalians is there?
Your argument boils down here to your politics. skrew your politics.

Quote:
I don't want one penny or drop of blood spent on muslim countries, but most of all I don't want one immigrant from there either. The latter is the best and least costly self defense plan in the world.
Fewer come here when we are not destroying their countries there.

Old 12-10-2016, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
Just to be clear, by "we" do you mean the Bush and Obama administrations, including Obama's Secretary of State?
I've said it many times......Bush, Cheney, Obama, Hillary and a long list of others deserve no better than to rot in hell for what they have done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies