Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2016, 07:13 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Right, since she never said and you never pointed out that it was going to the Green Party, my question stands.
She has never said she'd return unused funds has she? Nope, in fact quite the opposite.

So, where will unused funds go? All she has stated is a vague, one line statement which could mean anything INCLUDING her keeping it but NEVER has she said she'd return unused funds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2016, 07:17 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
She has never said she'd return unused funds has she? Nope, in fact quite the opposite.
I never said she did so why argue something I've never said? How about simply addressing what I did.

Quote:
So, where will unused funds go? All she has stated is a vague, one line statement which could mean anything INCLUDING her keeping it but NEVER has she said she'd return unused funds.
It's not my money so why should I care?

Old 12-04-2016, 07:24 AM

Quote:
I never said she did so why argue something I've never said? How about simply addressing what I did.

It's not my money so why should I care?
Tell me why you shouldn't?

Old 12-04-2016, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Tell me why you shouldn't?
Tell you why I shouldn't care how others spend their money? Is this a real question?

It's none of my business.

Old 12-04-2016, 01:23 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
She is now filing a federal suit because PA wants a $1 million dollar bond to start the recount that she can't pay.

Stein plans federal lawsuit in quest for Pennsylvania recount | TheHill

I'm also confused by this. How is it legal to collect, what, $7 million for the purpose of a recount, and then when you're hit with a million dollar bond, you cannot pay for it? WTH happened to the $7 million??!!!!

Old 12-04-2016, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I'm also confused by this. How is it legal to collect, what, $7 million for the purpose of a recount, and then when you're hit with a million dollar bond, you cannot pay for it? WTH happened to the $7 million??!!!!
I've covered this. The Supreme Court has ruled that it is a right to beg for money.

That guy on the corner holding the sign isn't a homeless veteran either.

If she wants her sign to say "broke, need money for a recount", that is no different.

Last edited by pknopp; 12-04-2016 at 03:04 PM..

Old 12-04-2016, 02:15 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Gotta side with Pknopp on this one folks.

Stein didn't make any promises of what she would or wouldn't do with any leftover money.

If you don't like it....then don't donate. *shrug*

Frankly, I would think you pubs would be happy because that's $8million or so that isn't in the coffers of the democrats.

Looks like the recount is a bust so if anything you should be lol'ing at the donors instead of carping about Stein at this point.

P.S. If the cost of the recount is onerous to a state then they should change their rules to make the challenger pay more or all of it.

Old 12-04-2016, 03:13 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,275,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Gotta side with Pknopp on this one folks.

Stein didn't make any promises of what she would or wouldn't do with any leftover money.

If you don't like it....then don't donate. *shrug*

Frankly, I would think you pubs would be happy because that's $8million or so that isn't in the coffers of the democrats.

Looks like the recount is a bust so if anything you should be lol'ing at the donors instead of carping about Stein at this point.

P.S. If the cost of the recount is onerous to a state then they should change their rules to make the challenger pay more or all of it.
All is not lost. We still have to wait until 2020. Then the qsts to Stein about the leftover money , which could be millions will be coming from all sides.

Jill Stein will have caused more damage to her reputation , even 1% next time would be wishful thinking.

Old 12-04-2016, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco View Post
All is not lost. We still have to wait until 2020. Then the qsts to Stein about the leftover money , which could be millions will be coming from all sides.

Jill Stein will have caused more damage to her reputation , even 1% next time would be wishful thinking.
Stein nor Johnson will be the nominee next time.

Old 12-04-2016, 05:52 PM

Quote:
I've covered this. The Supreme Court has ruled that it is a right to beg for money.

That guy on the corner holding the sign isn't a homeless veteran either.

If she wants her sign to say "broke, need money for a recount", that is no different.
You forget the FEC and what the current laws say about recount funds (as posted earlier) but I know you could care less or choose to just ignore the facts as they're inconvenient...

Quote:
Technically, recount funds are supposed to be used solely for expenses related to a recount -- including the things like lawyers’ fees and recount observers that Stein’s campaign has described.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies