Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 07:11 PM

78,385 posts, read 60,579,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
I know. It's really annoying to be constantly reminded about the fact that you've aligned yourself with the scum of the earth, isn't it?
You mean like the new head of the DNC?

Kinda walked right into that one.

Old 12-06-2016, 08:09 AM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Yes, their philosophy does present a threat to a lot of people. Black people have been a primary focus through their history, but they hate others as equally. Their "alliance" with the Hitler humpers speaks to that. Despite that alignment with other racist groups their numbers didn't gin up much, and their credibility, such as it is, tanked further.

Granted their message is dangerous, but as a viable group...not so much any more. I actually saw a Klan "rally" a few years ago on a trip to WV. There was a counter rally as well. Got pretty ...entertaining. The attempted speechifying by both sides just degenerated into shouting matches between the crowds (if they could be called "crowds") about who was more disproportionately on welfare. I believe this was in Clarksburg.

I found WV interesting. For a state that sided with the Union the Confederate sympathy is surely quite high. Still. Stonewall Jackson was born in Clarksburg and there is a statue of him in front of their courthouse. I saw more Battle Flags run up there than I've seen anywhere else,(usually alongside NASCAR flags) it was an experience. I had a good time there. Not to sure how I would fare living there though.
It is because Blacks are the primary focus of their rage that I have reasons for concern. Same with the NBPP targeting Whites.

The KKK isn't large in numbers, but I would watch them. David Duke ran for office once, and got a sizable amount of votes.

I would find it ironic that the Confederate flag flies in WV. Somewhat. Personally, I wouldn't live anywhere in West Virginia.

Old 12-06-2016, 10:40 PM

1,342 posts, read 3,245,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It is because Blacks are the primary focus of their rage that I have reasons for concern. Same with the NBPP targeting Whites.

The KKK isn't large in numbers, but I would watch them. David Duke ran for office once, and got a sizable amount of votes.

I would find it ironic that the Confederate flag flies in WV. Somewhat. Personally, I wouldn't live anywhere in West Virginia.
It is not ironic to find the CBF in West Virginia. Most of the state consists of counties that voted for secession from the US in 1861, even the designer of the CBF is buried in WV in Monroe County, William Porcher Miles. People really don't understand what happened in West Virginia.

Old 12-07-2016, 03:04 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Surprise! (not really)

Old 12-07-2016, 07:36 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobilee View Post
It is not ironic to find the CBF in West Virginia. Most of the state consists of counties that voted for secession from the US in 1861, even the designer of the CBF is buried in WV in Monroe County, William Porcher Miles. People really don't understand what happened in West Virginia.

I understand now. Did a little research. The Union had a good reason for wanting the region, and took...measures...to see them safely in the fold. Resources and industrial centers , that the South would have utilized to good effect, could not be allowed to fall into the Confederacy. WVs going to the Union was accomplished more at the point of a bayonet than by popular decision.

It is a beautiful state. I must admit that the Ladyfolk there are fantastic. That they outnumber the men something like 3-1 didn't bother me either. lol. The Klan has a presence. Most folks just roll their eyes at them. The members I saw at that "rally" were all pretty..geriatric, and while out and about I never had any tensions with anyone of any skin tone. Folks of all stripes were quite friendly and outgoing,and my Western accent aroused curiosity which precipitated a lot of interesting conversations. Learned a lot.

The biggest thing that I think would keep me from living there is the woods. I'm just not used to such dense foliage. I'm a Big Sky kinda guy. Like to see where I'm heading, and being out in the wilder lands is my preferred place. I never had a need for binoculars while there, minus one foray to a place called Cass in the Blue Ridge Mts.

Some well publicized slams against the state have propagated a reputation I feel is rather undeserved. Such as Obamas refusal to campaign there in both his election bids. That was a pretty bad disrespect. In general, I found people there to be very similar in their politics to how we are in Northern NV. An independent, self reliant, rural lifestyle with a streak of defiance running through it. Mostly middle/right. The extremely rural areas are kind of spooky. Areas where what residents call the Mountain People live. But we have areas here that are the same. Even ran into that phenomena in Hawaii.

At any rate, the Klan may still be active, but they aren't using violent tactic to get their message out these days. Their popularity is next to non existent, and as evidenced by turnout at every "rally" that's been publicized turnout is pretty thin. Embarrassingly so actually. So keeping a profile in keeping with both numbers and popularity is wise. I sure don't see a resurgence in their former clout they had at the turn of the 20th century up through the mid point of the 50s because of Trumps election. If anything could start a shooting war in the US it would be such a surge. I see Trumps main platform as being a US return to industrial and economic power, stronger and more ready and able defense, and getting people back to work. In order to do that, lets face it, the pressure on the people with the money needs to come off. So they invest in new industry and open up new job opportunities. A return to Jim Crow? . Please. That's about as silly a notion as I can think of.

Old 12-09-2016, 05:05 PM

2,309 posts, read 901,445 times
Quote:
White supremacists across the country are banding together to celebrate the election of their President, Donald Trump. His ascendance to the Presidency represents the biggest victory for segregationists, white nationalists and neo-nazis in the last 50 years - some say since the Civil War.

Trump camp, N.C. GOP condemn KKK's plan to hold victory parade for president-elect - Washington Times

David Duke, the former leader of the KKK. expressed his appreciation in the following way:
GOD BLESS DONALD TRUMP! It's time to do the right thing, it's time to TAKE AMERICA BACK!!!#MAGA #AmericaFirst #LockHerUp #GodBlessAmerica
— David Duke (@DrDavidDuke) November 9, 2016
It's entertaining to watch the Trump campaign disavow their loyal Alt-Right supporters out of one side of their mouth while they simultaneously high-five one another over the appointment of Stephen Bannon as chief strategist. Regardless of what the Trump administration must say publicly, at least where I live, I see among his supporters a quiet acceptance of the re-emergence of the KKK and their allies; a ray of hope for the return of the good old days of Jim Crow.

It's a new day in America, my friends. We're going to see some historic events over the next few years.
In other news BLM rioters support Hillary. Your point?

Old 12-09-2016, 05:15 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,234,540 times
Quote:
I know. It's really annoying to be constantly reminded about the fact that you've aligned yourself with the scum of the earth, isn't it?
KKK grand dragon endorses Hillary Clinton for president | Fox News

You're welcome.

Old 12-09-2016, 11:50 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Meanwhile the DNC is getting ready to elect a former Nation of Islam member to head the party.

Of course there is silence about that by the Trump deranged.

It's that old Double Standard again.
What double standard. The KKK lynched blacks.

Old 12-10-2016, 07:27 AM

1,943 posts, read 3,338,121 times
Meanwhile they were caught driving cars made by Asian companies.

Old 12-10-2016, 07:37 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
What double standard. The KKK lynched blacks.
When was the last time this happened?

That "parade" consisted of 2 pickup trucks driving through a remote NC town that nobody has heard of. Hillary's supporters go on like this is the end of the world all while completely ignoring the Nation of Islam thing.

It's a double standard if there ever was one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies