Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 04:06 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamaicaOnTheHudson View Post
No, Boo-boo Kitty, Hillary Clinton just proved she wasn't the right woman for the job. Contrary to what you've been told, there's more than one woman in politics.
I haven't been told anything. I'm asking if Hillary's inability to address her supporters as an adult gives credence to those who claim women can't handle a job like President.

She did after all run on the platform of breaking that final glass ceiling. Then when she lost, she was absolutely unable to face up to it. Instead she threw a fit, cried, and hid from the media. And to make matters worse, it took Obama, a man, to tell her that she has to concede.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2016, 04:06 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" But when she lost"

Many liberals never mention this her SECOND lost election to be President.
Agreed and the 1st loss was to a mixed race "Black" dude who went on and, became POTUS, 2 times.

Either there's more prejudice against women or; Hillary was so bad that a "person of color" still beat her with all possible racism against at least Blacks here in the US.

Old 12-03-2016, 04:07 PM

1,761 posts, read 1,714,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
As I stated in the OP, and it's been verified, Hillary conceded on election night. What she didn't do is face her supporters as an adult to tell them so. Instead she cried, attacked her campaign staff, and hid from the media.
And she also blamed Obama and hubby Bill too! It's everyone else's fault! They all failed me! Harry Truman said "The buck stops here". Perhaps peoples opinion of HRC would actually rise a bit if she adopted and lived by that motto.

To listen to that women, you'd think she'd never done anything wrong in her life....it's always someone else persecuting her, or wrongly accusing her, or sabotaging her efforts. She's perfect ya know, just ask her!

She was the absolute wrong candidate for the wrong time. I cannot think of anyone else they could have picked that would have been worse...within reason of course. I realize we're picking a leader, not a person we want to socialize with, but none the less, she is not in the least a likable person. It's far to easy to dislike her as just a basic natural reaction.

And the "creme" de la crème, she freaking lost the election to Donald J. Trump! Who was as anti-PC as you could possible be, spoke frequently without thinking first, had never held public office before...not even a local level politician, was looked upon as a "joke campaign" by many others, and of course the now famous line uttered by HRC....half his supporters are a basket of deplorables, and later, well maybe not quite half.....all this, and he beat her!

What the heck does that say about her ? If she couldn't beat this guy, she should hole up in Chappaqua with her tail between her legs......and perhaps start a dog walking service since she need a few friends about now.

Old 12-03-2016, 04:11 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,629,144 times
The Democrats put Hillary up knowing her baggage would handicap her. Bernie would have been a better choice. No telling if he could win either.

Old 12-03-2016, 04:13 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeriously View Post
Never, for one moment did she disappoint me. I'm disappointed in the small minded voters that couldn't see past his entertainment factor.
Translation you are still bitter and not willing to face the truth. Gotcha.

Old 12-03-2016, 04:15 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Does 5 wars including 15 years in a third world country, lies, corruption and 20 trillion in debt prove men are incapable of running the country?

Old 12-03-2016, 04:29 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Does 5 wars including 15 years in a third world country, lies, corruption and 20 trillion in debt prove men are incapable of running the country?
I'm not sure of your point but......

Hillary did prove she was right up there with them on this as she voted for and supported all those wars as US Senator and as Obama's Secretary of State.

Old 12-03-2016, 04:31 PM

1,008 posts, read 487,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I think she was trying to buy time and was receiving recommendations not to concede until the votes were all in. I do not think that is a reflection on women, or her, being up to the task.
I thought it was because she was in a drunken rage.

Old 12-03-2016, 04:34 PM

1,008 posts, read 487,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
"Did Hillary Prove That Women Aren't Up To The Task of US President?" No, she proved that Hillary Clinton was unelectable. Carly Fiorina probably would have won running away.
Fiorina v Clinton debates would have been even rougher and nastier than the Trump v Clinton.

Old 12-03-2016, 04:49 PM

10,236 posts, read 6,322,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed and the 1st loss was to a mixed race "Black" dude who went on and, became POTUS, 2 times.

Either there's more prejudice against women or; Hillary was so bad that a "person of color" still beat her with all possible racism against at least Blacks here in the US.
I voted for Obama over Hillary in the primary. I voted for Sanders over Hillary in the primary. The ONLY reason I voted for Hillary in this election was because Trump was the wrong PERSON. It is called voting AGAINST a candidate. I don't care about a candidate's gender, or race, as long as they are the right HUMAN for the job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies