Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2016, 12:50 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,359,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Look around now. Unemployment is 4.6%. There already are plenty of well paying jobs for hard working American citizens. However, education/training/specialized skills for these jobs is necessary and so is location.
Where are these jobs and what do they pay?

Old 12-04-2016, 12:51 PM

29,885 posts, read 25,023,981 times
Quote:
Look around now. Unemployment is 4.6%. There already are plenty of well paying jobs for hard working American citizens. However, education/training/specialized skills for these jobs is necessary and so is location. Over time, the large corporate jobs have migrated to cities and suburbs and exurbs. The ecomony has migrated from heavy industry/manufacturing heavily done be humans to technology and automation. Stay relavent or become a dinosaur.

If people want these good jobs they have to retrain/educate to qualify for the jobs and also move to locations where the jobs exist. This is the biggest problem.

Even if Trump attemps to take the US back to 1950, it won't make it 1950. Everything else has changed and 1950 won't work in 2017 or 2020.
I'm glad you enjoy your job. I also enjoy my job, although you may consider it outdated and antiquated. You could even look down on me and my job for all I care. But there are some changes being made, so your view of things may have to change with the times, instead of everyone else being forced to make sacrifices and change their way of thinking. Things are changing. You can either accept that, or deny it, but it doesn't change the fact.

Old 12-04-2016, 12:53 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,742,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Maybe I'd better buy that new 4K camera before Jan. 20th. After that, the Chinese may flood the market with all those many billions of our cash they have and destroy the value of our currency. No more of our exports allowed into China. A real smart long-term economic plan.
How do you propose they do that? Fly helicopters over the USA and toss out $100 Bills.

Old 12-04-2016, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Boeing dies without exports, especially to China.
Hmm. Where are they going to go? Airbus? LOL That is like jumping out of the pan into the fire.

Old 12-04-2016, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Look around now. Unemployment is 4.6%. .
Only because they no longer count most of America. The number of "employed" is at 4 decade lows.

Old 12-04-2016, 12:56 PM

23,647 posts, read 17,329,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
My goodness. How reckless can this guy be?
Been a while since you were witness to negotiations, huh?

Shows how out of touch the establshment and dems are when it comes to negotiatng. they prefer blackmail, legal threats and self promoting quid pro quo.

When negotiating you go into the discussion with inflated rhetoric to have something from which to deal.

Losing 500 million dollars on one solar company and multiple that by many more losses and you get obama's version of negotiating. Obama has no clue as to how to negotiate, he used threats, lies and his propaganda machine. He bypassed legislators chosen to be the people's representative by use of thousands of federal regulations.

So it is understandable when dems and establishment see how negotiations are conducted they will be confounded and bewildered.

giving away 5 high level terrorists for one traitor is obama's idea of negotiating.

handing 400 billion dollars to a rogue nation who exports terrorism in exchange for some theoretical future outcome is called a negotiation by dems. The money immeduiately used to sponsor more terror.

Giving a drop dead date for removal of troops and claiming he couldn't get a deal with iraq to protect service members from prosecution was pure nonsense and effort non existant.

Old 12-04-2016, 12:58 PM

16,375 posts, read 22,549,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Where are these jobs and what do they pay?
High tech, medical, engineering. All over the USA. 100k and up. Go to dice.com and take a look at all the tech jobs. There are other web sites for medical jobs. Every state in the US has them.

There are so many of these jobs that workers from other countries get H1B visas to work in the US specifically for these jobs. Many of the H1B visa holders get green cards and stay in the US working such jobs.

Now we are starting to see good jobs in clean energy such as solar and wind and other energies. Good paying jobs.

Old 12-04-2016, 12:59 PM

29,885 posts, read 25,023,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Only because they no longer count most of America. The number of "employed" is at 4 decade lows.
Wages have barely grown. Still far too many on welfare. Still far too many collecting welfare while working. Not the way things are supposed to be. Especially not in a "recovery". We need real, sustainable economic growth, not an occasional economic burp or fart, followed by a long, soul draining recession.

Libs have not fixed anything. They have only applied band aids, made excuses, and attempt to indoctrinate/brainwash the masses while encouraging Americans to be welfare dependent leeches. That's a recipe for a sick society.

Old 12-04-2016, 01:05 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,848,273 times
I would be okay with this but I think it needs to be phased in. Immediately imposing a 35% tariff will tank the economy. However, American businesses shouldn't be able to ship jobs overseas for cheaper labor and not be held accountable for it.

Old 12-04-2016, 01:06 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,708,149 times
When the mass exodus of American industry began if only Americans refused to buy those foreign made products the US wouldn't be in the mess it is now. If Carrier thought for a minute that moving to Mexico would have sales consequences they would never considered it. Instead Americans need Trump to make a deal granting Carrier $7mil to stay saving 1,000 jobs, but they are still moving 1300 jobs. What about the plant down the street from Carrier moving and losing 300 jobs?

Americans rely more and more on the government to protect jobs that have mostly disappeared and been replaced by minimum wage jobs with little or no benefits. We vote for this practice every time we pay a the register for a foreign made product. Uncle Sam is not going to save your job and has a track record to prove it. Maybe Trump can. The bottom line is that unless Americans get organized and stop supporting foreign made goods more jobs will be lost turning the US into a third world country.

I hope Trump strategies will work nothing else has.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies