Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2016, 03:55 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,195,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroZach View Post
Even though I voted for Trump I'm quite worried that a Trump administration might go overboard with fighting crime though the creation of a new drug war that could potentially see arrest for simple drug possession skyrocket throughout the nation.

I also must point of that simply building a wall isn't going to do anything to combat illegal immigration when most illegal immigrants fly over by plane and are overstay on visas.
Have any legitimate stats on that ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2016, 03:57 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,939,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
and extremist movements like Black Lives Matter will be condemned and police will be given support. I am so excited.
Don't bet you life on it.

Old 12-04-2016, 04:08 PM

17,341 posts, read 11,271,606 times
Quote:
Even though I voted for Trump I'm quite worried that a Trump administration might go overboard with fighting crime though the creation of a new drug war that could potentially see arrest for simple drug possession skyrocket throughout the nation.

I also must point of that simply building a wall isn't going to do anything to combat illegal immigration when most illegal immigrants fly over by plane and are overstay on visas.
The narrative that most illegal immigrants are overstaying on visas is false. There are many sources that say illegals that simply cross the border make up between 55-60 percent of illegals in this country. Visa overstayers are fewer in number but still significant. Even if the notion that most illegals overstay their visas were true, and it isn't, why would that mean the borders shouldn't be secure even if only 10 percent came across that way?

How Many Visa Overstayers?

Old 12-04-2016, 04:13 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Are you feeling a little bit bitter today because current immigration laws may finally be enforced, or are you usually this obnoxious? Either way, your childish name calling doesn't help your cause.
I don't have a "cause".

Your current immigration inforcement is the same as the last immigration enforcement which was the same as the previous decades of immigration enforcement. Illegal entry by Mexicans to sevice greedy American demand for cheap labor.

It will not change because Trump himself utilizes them to the fullest extent he's been allowed.

Americans are still morons for referring to their border problems in the PLURAL! Typical.

What's "obnoxious" is categorizing your border with Canada in the same manner you choose to castigate your fubarred-by-intent border with Mexico.

No surprise there though as it's come to be expected.

Old 12-04-2016, 04:13 PM

62,930 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:

You're wrong! Most illegals are border crashers they don't fly in here or overstay their visas. As for the wall......

Where U.S.-Mexico border fence is tall, it works

San Diego Fence Provides Lessons in Border Control : NPR

Old 12-04-2016, 04:18 PM

62,930 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I don't have a "cause".

Your current immigration inforcement is the same as the last immigration enforcement which was the same as the previous decades of immigration enforcement. Illegal entry by Mexicans to sevice greedy American demand for cheap labor.

It will not change because Trump himself utilizes them to the fullest extent he's been allowed.

Americans are still morons for referring to their border problems in the PLURAL! Typical.

What's "obnoxious" is categorizing your border with Canada in the same manner you choose to castigate your fubarred-by-intent border with Mexico.

There is no proof that Trump personally hired any illegal aliens. Rich people do not hire manual laborers themselves. It has never been proven that he knowingly allowed those under him to hire them for him either.

Yes, we all know that it has been several administrations that are responsible for not securing our southern border and being in the back pockets of corporate interests who want to increase their profits by cheap, illegal labor. However, Trump is the only promising to change that. He's not even in the White House yet and you guys are already saying he won't. I'll at least give him a chance to keep his word and if he doesn't then we can talk.

Old 12-04-2016, 04:18 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,951,691 times
Enforce laws that this administration and liberals don't want to be enforced.

Old 12-04-2016, 04:21 PM

336 posts, read 378,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soup Not See View Post
Have any legitimate stats on that ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You're wrong! Most illegals are border crashers they don't fly in here or overstay their visas. As for the wall......
From a conservative news source:

Quote:
But even if we were to build a wall, and elect a president interested in using it to protect America’s sovereignty, we’d be missing most of the problem — because the majority of new illegal aliens are actually visa overstayers...

Co-authored by Robert Warren, head of statistics for the old INS, the paper finds that the share of overstays among new illegal aliens has been rising pretty steadily since the 1980s and surpassed border infiltrators in 2008. The paper’s most recent estimate is for 2012, when nearly 60 percent of new illegal immigrants are believed to have entered legally on some sort of visa (or visa-waiver status, if they’re from a developed country) and then just stayed on after their time expired.
Read more at: Visa Overstays Are Today's Immigration Crisis | National Review

Old 12-04-2016, 04:29 PM

4,135 posts, read 2,837,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I don't have a "cause".

Don't you snowbird down here? We're all "morons" and "dumbazzes" though, hypocritical much? I didn't vote for Trump and think he's full of bunk, so save your generalizations for someone else.

Old 12-04-2016, 04:30 PM

17,341 posts, read 11,271,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAGeek View Post
From a conservative news source:

Read more at: Visa Overstays Are Today's Immigration Crisis | National Review
Your quote states that more illegals are coming in now with overstaying their visas. That doesn't take into account the millions of illegals already here that simply crossed the border. Frankly, I don't care how they got here. It's irrelevant.
And again, why would that have any consideration or impact with enforcing the Southern border?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies