Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2016, 08:41 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,209,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Just do a word count of "refugee", "Syrian refugee", "Muslim" etc. and compare it to the "homeless." It's 100 to 1. They are the forgotten men and women. The reason is simple. Libs are cultivating the next demographic to vote for them 90%. Homeless don't vote, and there aren't that many of them.
I'm not saying liberals don't advocate for fighting homelessness enough. No one does. Republican establishment openly does not care and Democrat establishment pretends to. Most Democratic voters and I'm sure a sizable chunk of Republican voters do care about the issue.

But that's not my point. The OP is claiming that there's some level of hypocrisy. I'll ignore the fact that even if his claim that liberals don't care about homeless people is true, that wouldn't actually be hypocritical, and instead focus on the fact that if you ask just about any liberal voter if they think homeless people should have access to social welfare as a means to ending their poverty, they'd say yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2016, 08:42 PM

163 posts, read 128,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cee4 View Post
Liberals are the ones who believe in funding homeless services and behavioral health programs to address the cause of homelessness.

A homeless person in America lives a higher quality of life than the majority of people on this planet. Perhaps you should consider travel outside of USA to a third world country before you claim liberals have tunnel vision?
I've been to third world countries AND I have been homeless before. Perhaps you should try being homeless in America for 3 months. I guarantee you would than immediately realize how wrong all of your statements you just made are. I've lived at the shelter and most homeless are actually republicans. We have experienced enough of your "help" to understand how truly evil your party is.

Old 12-04-2016, 08:42 PM

589 posts, read 1,215,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoinette118 View Post
Maybe you should consider travelling to Central Florida.

Take a tour of the homeless cities in the woods or perhaps visit NYC.

Liberal backed refugees and illegals live in apartments or homes, homeless Americans are living in the streets!

Liberals are full of it!!
I'd rather be homeless in central Florida than be poor in a third world country. If Florida is treating their homeless poorly perhaps its a reflection of the current state government.

I live in NYC and I see homeless people everyday. Most homeless in NYC are either suffering from mental health issues and refuse outreach services due to the poor quality of shelters in the city. We do what we can and continue to raise awareness but things in a large city take time to make traction. Unfortunately politics means that homeless services usually loses funding/underfunded because the constituents do not have any political power.

Perhaps one should educate themselves a bit more before making random assertions about how little liberals care about homelessness? Take a look at Portland Oregon and how they treat their homeless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardo View Post
I've been to third world countries AND I have been homeless before. Perhaps you should try being homeless in America for 3 months. I guarantee you would than immediately realize how wrong all of your statements you just made are. I've lived at the shelter and most homeless are actually republicans. We have experienced enough of your "help" to understand how truly evil your party is.
Ya I'm sure living in Africa or South America would be far greater than being homeless in America. I am not convinced you truly lived in a third world country to claim that would be better then America. There are kids who willingly become homeless in America (crust punks).

Old 12-04-2016, 08:45 PM

34,258 posts, read 19,229,354 times
What? Suddenly conservatives give a hoot about homeless people. BWAhahhahahaha

pathetic

Old 12-04-2016, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
I'm not saying liberals don't advocate for fighting homelessness enough. No one does. Republican establishment openly does not care and Democrat establishment pretends to. Most Democratic voters and I'm sure a sizable chunk of Republican voters do care about the issue.

But that's not my point. The OP is claiming that there's some level of hypocrisy. I'll ignore the fact that even if his claim that liberals don't care about homeless people is true, that wouldn't actually be hypocritical, and instead focus on the fact that if you ask just about any liberal voter if they think homeless people should have access to social welfare as a means to ending their poverty, they'd say yes.
They say yes, but homeless shelters are ran by liberals who force you to sign paperwork that denies you opportunities for social welfare when you check in. The liberal staff goes out of there way to make sure you can't find a job so you get trapped in a cycle and have to rely on them and only them. Some staff members are sadistic and do stuff like try to rape women or young men that stay there and if you don't let them they kick you out in the cold and you die of hypothermia. The liberal visitors that smile and serve you lunch come days after you have been forced to miss work or school and clean the entire facility and smile and make comments about how where you stay is so nice.

I was a liberal before I experienced homelessness, now I am a conservative, as are most homeless people. A good 90% of homeless whites I know and about 50% of homeless blacks are republicans. We really know first hand just how evil, manipulative, and oppressive the democrat party is.

Old 12-04-2016, 08:48 PM

16,563 posts, read 15,124,541 times
Obama is reaching out all the way to Syria, brings Syrian refugee here come hell or high water and resettles them in carefully planned communities across the nation. He makes sure they have a place to live, a paycheck , healthcare etc. Where is this level of commitment to the homeless? What is his homeless resettlement program?

Old 12-04-2016, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardo View Post
They say yes, but homeless shelters are ran by liberals who force you to sign paperwork that denies you opportunities for social welfare when you check in. The liberal staff goes out of there way to make sure you can't find a job so you get trapped in a cycle and have to rely on them and only them. Some staff members are sadistic and do stuff like try to rape women or young men that stay there and if you don't let them they kick you out in the cold and you die of hypothermia. The liberal visitors that smile and serve you lunch come days after you have been forced to miss work or school and clean the entire facility and smile and make comments about how where you stay is so nice.

I was a liberal before I experienced homelessness, now I am a conservative, as are most homeless people. A good 90% of homeless whites I know and about 50% of homeless blacks are republicans. We really know first hand just how evil, manipulative, and oppressive the democrat party is.
As I said, I don't think the issue is being advocated for enough. What I'm saying in regards to this topic is that the OP is making an invalid point. The issue is not talked about enough but when it is, most liberals would agree that we should help refugees and America's homeless.

Old 12-04-2016, 08:54 PM

772 posts, read 387,327 times
I am also a native New Yorker.

You are preaching to the choir, perhaps you don't get to the outer boroughs very often.

If liberals are so supportive of the American homeless, why aren't you rioting, destroying property and assaulting the police on behalf of the American homeless rights like you do for illegal refugees?

P-l-e-a-s-e, I lived in Liberal land couldn't wait to get out! It was a nightmare!

Old 12-04-2016, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cee4 View Post
I'd rather be homeless in central Florida than be poor in a third world country. If Florida is treating their homeless poorly perhaps its a reflection of the current state government.

I live in NYC and I see homeless people everyday. Most homeless in NYC are either suffering from mental health issues and refuse outreach services due to the poor quality of shelters in the city. We do what we can and continue to raise awareness but things in a large city take time to make traction. Unfortunately politics means that homeless services usually loses funding/underfunded because the constituents do not have any political power.

Perhaps one should educate themselves a bit more before making random assertions about how little liberals care about homelessness? Take a look at Portland Oregon and how they treat their homeless.

Ya I'm sure living in Africa or South America would be far greater than being homeless in America. I am not convinced you truly lived in a third world country to claim that would be better then America. There are kids who willingly become homeless in America (crust punks).
I was homeless for three years. I personally know about a hundred homeless people by first name and street name and interact with them every day. Ive been to 3 different third world countries. Everything you are saying is false but I will add this tidbit sense you brought it up. Most homeless shelters don't let homeless men take psych meds or opiates while at the shelter. Others just steal your pills. I knew a man fresh out of the hospital for knee surgery who was denied painkillers by the shelter. He couldn't work and his pain was so severe that he would beg for change so could buy 40 ounces and drink away the literal physical pain.

I knew another man who had sleep apnea and needed a machine to sleep right. The shelter wouldn't allow him to use his machine and he died in his sleep.

Another man who was in his late 60s and had suffered multiple heart attacks. He was not allowed to take his medication that would have saved his life. He had a massive heart attack in the day room and died in front of us. One of his friends freaked out and started screaming so the staff kicked him out and he died of hypothermia on our front porch. They had obituary columns for both of them in the news paper and that's it. No news story here at the liberal ran, liberal funded homeless shelter in the liberal city. Where the young liberals volunteer to serve us food and tell us "smile it could be worse."

Homeless lives don't matter.

Old 12-04-2016, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoinette118 View Post
I am also a native New Yorker.

You are preaching to the choir, perhaps you don't get to the outer boroughs very often.

If liberals are so supportive of the American homeless, why aren't you rioting, destroying property and assaulting the police on behalf of the American homeless rights like you do for illegal refugees?

P-l-e-a-s-e, I lived in Liberal land couldn't wait to get out! It was a nightmare!
Exactly what percentage of liberals do you think engage in rioting? Most liberals political activity stops at voting and sharing a Democracy Now video on Facebook. Just as this is true of conservatives but with Tomi Lahren videos.

As is, ask most liberals if they think the rioting is ok and most would say no, even if they're sympathetic for the reasons why.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies