Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 10:36 AM

56,925 posts, read 25,858,124 times

Advertisements

Maybe this was yet another Stand your ground case, crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2016, 10:41 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,808,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zortation View Post
He had zero justification for pointing a gun and pulling the trigger, no matter what the guy was yelling, what kind of hee haw sh1t is this? Is this the way it is in the southern US?
At what point do you think using your weapon is justified?

Old 12-06-2016, 11:12 AM

77,822 posts, read 59,987,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southside89 View Post
but if a black person were responsible for such a senseless killing and was released with no charges in 24 hours, imagine how people would react? People wouldn't say "let's hear all the facts first before we make judgements".
Just because you see things through a racial lens doesn't mean everyone else does too.

In fact, it's a pretty insulting blanket racist statement you're making.

Old 12-06-2016, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Gasser has been arrested and charged with manslaughter.

Authorities say all shots were fired from within the car.

Probably a Stand your Ground defense will be used.
Sooo, they gathered evidence took their time to make a proper case and have now charged the guy.

I think the people calling others racist for wanting a proper investigation to take place look like fools.

Based upon the full story and evidence it looks to be the right decision.

Old 12-06-2016, 11:22 AM

Quote:
He had zero justification for pointing a gun and pulling the trigger, no matter what the guy was yelling, what kind of hee haw sh1t is this? Is this the way it is in the southern US?
People are idiots all over. Except of course where I live and we're just better than others....

Car crashes, burns after driver clashes with motorcycle riders in road rage incident - Toronto - CBC News

Old 12-06-2016, 11:36 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,471,527 times
Quote:
People are regularly attacked during such incidents, and they are even killed.

UPDATE: Flushing man dies days after being seriously beaten in a road rage incident - QNS.com

If you want to go ape poop on someone over a traffic incident, you might want to stay out of Texas. If I feel me or my family may be in danger from you while you are going bonkers beside my car, there is a very good chance you'll need some soft metal removed from your torso.

Many people here feel that way.

Old 12-06-2016, 11:41 AM

2,643 posts, read 2,605,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
People carry on as if Joe McKnight was the last chance for world peace.

Fact is, if he had finished college and gone to work he probably would have been too busy to be out driving around on an ordinary Thursday and would not have started the altercation which cost him his life.

What happened was a tragedy. And it had 2 participants.
Glasser was carrying a gun and it's going to cost him a whole lot more than it saved him. Not the first time I've seen that.
This post is so ridiculous. He's an ordinary American man. He coached high school sports which weren't going on at the time of the shooting. For all you know, he could have made enough money to do whatever in the world he felt like. I can't believe people are so okay with crazy people owning a gun and a black man being dead, that they'd say not working an ordinary 9-5 job opens you up to being shot to death. WTH!!

Old 12-06-2016, 11:42 AM

2,643 posts, read 2,605,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
People are regularly attacked during such incidents, and they are even killed.

UPDATE: Flushing man dies days after being seriously beaten in a road rage incident - QNS.com

If you want to go ape poop on someone over a traffic incident, you might want to stay out of Texas. If I feel me or my family may be in danger from you while you are going bonkers beside my car, there is a very good chance you'll need some soft metal removed from your torso.

Many people here feel that way.
And if you're a scared little man who can't remain calm, can't maneuver your car out of the way or can't call 911 while locking your doors....then don't own a gun. Plus what you're saying is pure speculation.

Old 12-06-2016, 12:03 PM

25,373 posts, read 17,034,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
And if you're a scared little man who can't remain calm, can't maneuver your car out of the way or can't call 911 while locking your doors....then don't own a gun...........
Amen to that.

And if you're an emotionally fragile man who feels compelled to leap out of the car and threaten people, then you are headed for trouble.

To your previous post about KcKnight being a coach:
#1 He doesn't have a college degree, so he can't be hired by most schools.
#2 Do you want your kid being influenced by someone who flies off the handle and threatens other people in traffic?

Old 12-06-2016, 12:07 PM

9,130 posts, read 5,766,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southside89 View Post
According to the media outlets:

The victim was trying to apologize.
A witness saw him try to apologize.
The victim did not have a weapon.
No weapon was found in the victim vehicle.

The perpetrator shot the victim multiple times.
The perpetrator stood over the victim, shot him again and said "I told you don't f**k with me".
The perpetrator had a weapon in hand when cops arrive.
The perpetrator stayed on scene and was allowed to turn his weapon over to the cops.
The perpetrator was released from jail without being charged with anything.

I am dying to read someone justify this. What? We should wait to all the evidence comes out? WHAT MORE DO YOU NEED? Any threat, if he was being threatened, may have been imposed on the perpetrator was neutralized once the victim began to apologize. According to the media outlets, the witnesses confirmed this. There was no threat when the perpetrator stood over the victim, after shooting him, and shot him again.

Go ahead, tell me this is fair.

Almost all of the above is wrong. Completely wrong.
The "witnesses" lied.
(For one, all three cartridge casings were found inside Gasser's car.)

Gasser has been charged with manslaughter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies