Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 06:58 PM

30,074 posts, read 18,892,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
And will Ben put one of those paintings of himself with Jesus in his office at HUD?
Yes the Demoncrats are all smarter than any Republican....which is why Republicans control the House, Senate, Presidency, Supreme Court, state Governors, state legislatures, and dog catchers.

Democrats genius plan is working

Old 12-05-2016, 07:14 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,800,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Yes the Demoncrats are all smarter than any Republican....which is why Republicans control the House, Senate, Presidency, Supreme Court, state Governors, state legislatures, and dog catchers.

Democrats genius plan is working
The Democrats can't see it but their extinction is coming... I am just amazed of how stupid they are to what is going to happen... I can't ruin the surprise... I am trying to buy memorabilia cause it's going to be worth something when historians look back at the demise of liberals... Merry Christmas...

Old 12-05-2016, 07:16 PM

30,074 posts, read 18,892,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
The Democrats can't see it but their extinction is coming... I am just amazed of how stupid they are to what is going to happen... I can't ruin the surprise... I am trying to buy memorabilia cause it's going to be worth something when historians look back at the demise of liberals... Merry Christmas...
Nice gift, I'll take it.

Old 12-05-2016, 07:20 PM

9 posts, read 3,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Great ability in one narrow field doesn't mean great ability in all fields. Personally, I believe for him to have said the ACA was the worst thing to happen to this country since slavery, conveniently ignoring such things as the Civil War, WW I, WW II, Korea, Vietnam, 9/11, et al brands him as either woefully ignorant of American history or a total idiot.
Racist. I am just laughing though because your tax money will pay his salary.

Old 12-05-2016, 07:31 PM

5,088 posts, read 2,296,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Conservatism went down-market in search of revenue. It got swallowed by its own anti-intellectual media-politico complex — from Beck to Palin to Trump.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/28/op...al-crisis.html

Isn't it interesting that the only qualification Trump supporters say Dr. Carson has is his intelligence?
The New York Times, who once had both Frank Rich and Charles Blow on their staffs and still has Blow, accusing others of having an "anti-intellectual media-politico complex?" That's rich, pun intended.

Old 12-05-2016, 07:33 PM

9,133 posts, read 5,781,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK508 View Post
Ok there's been 3 comments here pointing out the fact that he's a neurosurgeon.

Being smart and being ignorant are not mutually exclusive. For example Ben Carson is a brilliant neurosurgeon, but completely clueless with regard to political affairs.

It's also possible to be smart but believe in very stupid things.

Just sayin'..being smart doesn't mean you're not ignorant w/ regard to a particular subject or set of subjects.

I keep hearing this.
What, exactly, was Obama's "field of expertise?" Deception?

Old 12-05-2016, 07:34 PM

5,088 posts, read 2,296,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Guess what?!

I call him a homophobe and a bigot.

He is despised in the LGBT community - of every race and ethnicity.
So instead of using one trite, unbelievably overused leftist buzzword you'll use two others instead. Well done.

Old 12-05-2016, 08:07 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,269,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
And will Ben put one of those paintings of himself with Jesus in his office at HUD?
One thing is for sure, Dr. Carson is smarter than you ever will be. That we can all agree on. Dr. Carson has lived in poor inner city areas. Not just a Liberal bleeding heart blowhard who has only read about inner city issues from some article in the New Yorker magazine.

Old 12-05-2016, 08:18 PM

163 posts, read 129,465 times
Ben Carson is a genius. One of the most intelligent men walking the face of the earth and you are a low level troll on an Internet forum.

Old 12-05-2016, 08:34 PM

981 posts, read 894,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I'm not questioning his ability in his field of choice, doesn't mean he doesn't sound stupid commenting on things outside his field. Or perhaps you can explain just HOW the ACA was worse for this country than bloody, wasteful wars of choice or the 9/11 attacks for example? Or HOW so many archaeologists can be wrong about the purpose of the pyramids for that matter?
I'm not going to even try to compare the ACA against horrible wars that kill innocent civilians while costing us billions of dollars, totally different things and it demeans the tragic impact of those wars. But that being said, the impact of the ACA on the 150 million plus of everyday working Americans that now can no longer afford to use their healthcare (even when it is provided by their employers) is VERY significant and has brought many middle income families into real economic hardship. I would call putting a program in place that gave 20M people free or near free healthcare via ACA, then pretty much making that healthcare financially inaccessible to the 150M of working Americans that previously had healthcare they could afford pretty stupid - especially after you lied to those 150M, told them they could keep their healthcare, then to really hammer the stupidity home hit them with premium increases in some cases over 100% right before the election. Again, I'll say the ACA isnt on the level of war or terrorist attacks, but in the day to day lives of these middle class working people, the ACA has made things pretty bad wrt their healthcare and finances. And I am sure they are even more incensed that the non-working people get all this for free while the person working a 60 hour week just to keep his job gets his healthcare cut to pretty much nothing at 10x the price. And wrt the presidential elections, it was pretty stupid to expect these people to continue to vote in a president that would continue these policies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies