Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2016, 04:48 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,117,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
"former CIA director Leon Panetta stressed how unusual Mr. Trump’s decision is, and said he is concerned by the president-elect’s seeming lack of interest in the intelligence briefings.“Every president I -- I know, and I’ve worked under nine presidents, every one has taken their intelligence daily brief because that sets the agenda for what you have to focus on as president of the United States,” Panetta said." --(from above article.)

Well it's part of the job as president to keep us safe and receive these briefings, if Trump supporters ignore this don't complain about a potential attack to this nation. By the way I highly doubt "it's the same thing everyday". it's just more excuses from Donald Trump.
Stop! Trump isn't President yet. Calm down. Your boy Obama rarely took his briefings and never took the advice of his military advisors.
Look how that worked out.
In our lifetimes we haven't had a President-elect that has the confidence of the military like Donald Trump. He'll get his briefings just fine.
All indicators are good with Trump.The stock market is on fire and businesses are excited about the future once again.
The bottom line is the Left is still reeling from their losses and have no intention of being reasonable about anything Trump does.
The problem for them (OP) is, all their bit-ching and moaning will have zero effect on a now-booming America.
They'll simply be left behind if they refuse to participate and become even less relevant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2016, 05:07 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
In our lifetimes we haven't had a President-elect that has the confidence of the military like Donald Trump. He'll get his briefings just fine.
According to who? He says he knows more than all the generals, which tends to say he does not think too highly of them.

Old 12-12-2016, 05:26 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,117,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
According to who? He says he knows more than all the generals, which tends to say he does not think too highly of them.
Hillary you lost by saying things like that.

Old 12-12-2016, 05:38 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Hillary you lost by saying things like that.
Can't answer? What a surprise. All righty then...

Old 12-12-2016, 05:53 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,030,193 times
Quote:

Well it's part of the job as president to keep us safe and receive these briefings, if Trump supporters ignore this don't complain about a potential attack to this nation. By the way I highly doubt "it's the same thing everyday". it's just more excuses from Donald Trump.

You've clearly never been to a meeting with government people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I don't support Trump but it's no secret that the government is built on redundancy to justify the amount of jobs and money we spend on it.

Amen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
You don't find it terrifying that Trump (or any other past POTUS, any potential POTUS, anyone whoever ran for POTUS) can't sit still for a daily intelligence briefing? Even if the briefing is very similar to the one from the day before, even the week before...sure, some might very well be redundant. It's horrifying to me that people can be so casual about this situation.
Are you equally horrified at a fool like Hillary Clinton installing an email server for classified documents in her toilet space? That's about as casual as it gets!

Old 12-12-2016, 05:57 AM

35,691 posts, read 21,045,148 times
pride come before the fall- he might do a good job as POTUS --I am sure he i smart enough and very slick- but even conservatives MUST admit- if you are too proud- you do NOT succeed - maybe as he is NOT in charge yet -no need to know as cant do anything about it. - I hope that is the thought...but
in the big world- things can change in an hour- and we sleep when 1/2 the world is awake doing shyte- and hope he is NOT planning on the kids handling it--which is what I am afraid of.

Old 12-12-2016, 05:59 AM

35,691 posts, read 21,045,148 times
[quote=MyNameIsBellaMia;46478764[B]]You've clearly never been to a meeting with government people.
[/b]

have you? I mean besides social security --

Old 12-12-2016, 06:04 AM

3,329 posts, read 1,961,326 times
Quote:
"former CIA director Leon Panetta stressed how unusual Mr. Trump’s decision is, and said he is concerned by the president-elect’s seeming lack of interest in the intelligence briefings.“Every president I -- I know, and I’ve worked under nine presidents, every one has taken their intelligence daily brief because that sets the agenda for what you have to focus on as president of the United States,” Panetta said." --(from above article.)

Leon Panetta? LEON PANETTA?!?! LOL LOL

Bye bye career bureaucrats.

Old 12-12-2016, 06:05 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Seriously?

"Asked on “Fox News Sunday” about his decision to receive a Presidential Daily Briefing (PDB) just once a week, which is highly unusual compared to other recent presidents, Mr. Trump replied: “I get it when I need it.”
“You know, I’m, like, a smart person,” he said. “I don’t have to be told the same thing in the same words every single day for the next eight years. Could be eight years -- but eight years. I don’t need that. But I do say, ‘If something should change, let us know.’”

the rest of the article is here:

Donald Trump on less-frequent intelligence briefings: "I get it when I need it" - CBS News

On Sunday he says he's too smart for daily briefings. Does anyone else find this concerning? In terms of our security? I understand Mike Pence and generals are getting their briefings, but Trump declines. I find this unacceptable, he signed up for this job and this is part of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I find your inability to understand what he said concerning. I have no idea what daily briefings consist of but he seems to be saying it's largely the same thing over and over every day and he's only interested when there is something new.

I understood what he said and I agree that he should be informed if something changes, but listening to the same thing over and over is a waste of time.

Old 12-12-2016, 06:08 AM

3,839 posts, read 3,065,664 times
I would love to know how many daily briefings Obama missed. Of course Obama being the smartest and wisest president to ever occupy to Oval Office did not need the briefings, right libs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies