Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 04:52 AM

1,850 posts, read 820,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I'm not the historian - go do some research... You will find the truth, instead of reverting to calling people names .. Childish to say the least .
The only difference between me and you, other than me being right, is that you think you're mature for only heavily implying what I just say directly. If you consider that childish, I would seriously reconsider the vast majority of your posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2016, 05:02 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Under Obama, the US has lost 303,000 manufacturing jobs. Still waiting on those shovel ready jobs as well.

Obviously, this has been a tough 8 years for people who like to work.

This is why you don't elect losers to do a grown up job. And to think, loser libs wanted Hillary to continue the slaughter! BOOOO!!!
US was losing 600 000 PER MONTH when he took office. Luckily things turned around, and we have been gaining jobs since then.

Trump has the ball now, so let's hope he does not fumble it like Bush did. So far his plans sound like they would cause quite a bit of damage, so I am hoping the Congress will step on the brakes.

Old 12-06-2016, 05:10 AM

35,690 posts, read 21,045,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njquestions View Post
The only difference between me and you, other than me being right, is that you think you're mature for only heavily implying what I just say directly. If you consider that childish, I would seriously reconsider the vast majority of your posts.
you are attacking me- I post facts in most of my posts- and attack no-one on CD- my reference as are always for "all" or about the subject- it doesn't matter " who is right" as long as the facts are

Old 12-06-2016, 08:04 AM

18,491 posts, read 9,157,203 times
OP: blame automation and globalization, not Obama. Obama did not create either of those things.

Old 12-06-2016, 08:56 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
No, Obama, you presided over a loss of manufacturing jobs, and failed to deliver on exports - Washington Times

Under Obama, the US has lost 303,000 manufacturing jobs. Still waiting on those shovel ready jobs as well.

Obviously, this has been a tough 8 years for people who like to work.

This is why you don't elect losers to do a grown up job. And to think, loser libs wanted Hillary to continue the slaughter! BOOOO!!!

No infrastructure or other construction projects in your area?
Both states I've lived in since Obama has been president have been under constant construction - all sorts of roadway improvements, new office, hotel and housing construction, mass transit has been expanded with new rail lines added...

Why the continued emphasis on manufacturing?
How many new healthcare jobs have been added?
How many new tech jobs?

Old 12-06-2016, 09:05 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
The vast majority of the jobs created the last 8 years have been lower-paying, service sector jobs. Medical coding at say $16 an hour, at the upper end.
$16 is generally starting, $29 is the upper end.
Even at $16, that translates to ~$34K per year, a perfectly respectable starting salary.

"The annual salary of certified medical coders in the US is between $34,000 and $57,000 a year. Certain specialties like neuropsychiatry coding pay up to $62,000 a year.
The hourly pay for coders and billers is between $16-29 per hour based on location, experience and certification. In case of overtime, pay rates vary between $14 and $35 per hour."

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/medic...on-marc-graham

The national average is $40K.

https://www.glassdoor.com/Salaries/m...RCH_KO0,13.htm

Old 12-06-2016, 09:35 AM

29,468 posts, read 14,639,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You're worried about electrical engineers finding a job?

Everyone seems to think it is just low wage, low skilled jobs that are/have left the country. And that the solution is to get a degree and go find a better job. So what do you tell the guy with the engineering degree that looses his job due to it being offshored ? Go learn more ?
Granted, it will be much easier for that person to find another job in engineering than trying to find another assembly line job. That doesn't make it any less of an issue though. The loss of 35k jobs is nothing to turn your nose up at though. That is just in electrical engineering, add automotive, aerospace, etc and it starts adding up. Eventually we will have a bunch of highly educated individuals that cannot find jobs.

Old 12-07-2016, 11:10 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,579,392 times
Look up the definition of the word (recovery) POTUS Barack Obama was responsible for a economic recovery here in the United States of America.

Old 12-07-2016, 11:29 AM

29,468 posts, read 14,639,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
OP: blame automation and globalization, not Obama. Obama did not create either of those things.

Mostly globalization.

Old 12-07-2016, 11:33 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
15% of all manufacturing jobs were eliminated during the Bush years due to technology substitution and industrial robots.

No reason not to expect the same from the Obama Admin.

When I first started working in the 70's Pay Day was a PITA. The lines at banks were 30-60 minutes long.
The banks were staffed with armies of full time tellers and internal control support staff.

Direct Deposit, ATMs, Electronic Check Clearing and Electronic Banking eliminated all that. Now days, banks trend ghost towns. Hundreds of thousands of banking jobs are gone because technology is more productive.

On the good news front.....

Deloitte & Touche conduct periodic surverys of global CEO in a variety of sectors. There latest survey of 500 global manufacturing CEO ( late 2015) concluded the US is positioned to regain the top spot in global manufacturing and China will once again be number 2 by the end of this decade. This conclusion was based up unprecedented investment in industrial robotics.

If achieved, no doubt whomever was elected in 2016 would take a bow for it, despite that this sort of ground work began years before.

Much will depend on bilateral trade agreements. Slap a 35% tariff on toasters from China and China does likewise to the delivery of 200 commercial aircraft in the pipeline with Boeing.

Airbus breaks out the bubbly and does the happy dance every time Trump talks about trade. Airbus has broken ground on their second assembly plant in China and will be delighted to take Boeing's share of the pie in the sky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies