Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 05:20 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,701,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I'll go with this. The real issues are sidelined and focus placed on things designed to distract people from the fact those real problems aren't getting addressed. Useless nonsense takes center stage, like gay marriage, gender norming, and a slew of other stuff, and all this gets funded with money from Social Security, Medicaid et al, which never gets looked at. Tapping SS for pet projects is a serious sore spot for me. That was supposed to be a TRUST. Not a slush fund. But noooo, politicians just couldn't stand to see all that money sitting there drawing interest waiting to be paid to the people who earned it.

Typical coyote guarding the chicken coop scenario. It wasn't underfunded until the politicians gained access to the money. Meanwhile, as you say, those crap "issues" keep us all divided and arguing whilst government just keeps on squandering and spending us into oblivion. Oh yes, our enemies are loving it.
Yep. Just like during the election, when trump neatly managed to turn attention away from issues over and over again. The 'fake news', deliberate targeting those who disagree with 'us', turning of truth into something else, and the willingness of the populace to believe all this outlandish posturing rather than using their noggins for something more than holders for their tin hats... is truly dangerous.

Old 12-06-2016, 05:23 AM

7,506 posts, read 5,753,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Seriously?!!!!!!!!!

Com'on, is there no bottom to a Trumpeter's stupidity?

Fake news, real violence: 'Pizzagate' and the consequences of an Internet echo chamber - Dec. 5, 2016

That took a lot of cahunna's to post considering the amount of garbage that your team put out during the election. No moral or ethical compass liberals have. None.

Old 12-06-2016, 07:41 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,701,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
That took a lot of cahunna's to post considering the amount of garbage that your team put out during the election. No moral or ethical compass liberals have. None.
So, what is your input regarding the incident where someone acted on a story that was not put out by the established news, but was gleefully spread around by various 'news blogs' and conspiracy theory posters? That is the actual topic of the thread.

Old 12-06-2016, 08:04 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,753,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
I see economics is not your strong suit.

When interest rates are at an historical low, you are supposed to borrow more than ever and invest that money!!

You just talk about national debt as if it has real meaning. That's just novice talk, you have to take into accord the interest rates and what we did with that money.

It's like if you friend said he borrowed a million bucks. That information alone means nothing. You have to know what he used that million bucks for and what the loan terms to really understand what's going on.

Are you confused. Did you take your meds?

You mean saying I did this, I said that; when I have said NONE of those things.

It's like you can't help yourself when it comes to fake news. You have to invent one even in this very thread.
The Downside Of Keeping Interest Rates So Low For So Long : The Two-Way : NPR

Old 12-06-2016, 10:44 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,235,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
You call playing on the freeway common sense?

Dude, it's called accidents. People can be careless at the spur of the moment.

But your ridiculous example is a far cry from a deliberate and premeditated action to bring firearms into a pizza joint, right? You are not trying to say that the student planned to walk into traffic when she got up that very morning, right?

Old 12-06-2016, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Who cares what the loan terms are if the money is never paid back and the interest continues to accumulate. At some point you will never be able to pay for anything else because countries that hold our debt are going to demand they get paid.
Has US ever defaulted on our debts????!!!!!!

So WTF are you talking about????

You need to educate yourself about government debt.

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/...s-debt/272747/

Last edited by beb0p; 12-06-2016 at 10:58 AM..

Old 12-06-2016, 10:49 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
How can liberals talk about fake news when the whole election was based on fake news against Trump?

She had the whole media on her side, twisting his words.
" Twisting his words"???This is why people believe that Trumpettes like this one are delusional.There was Trump on tape ,on video saying everything to the public,no one twist anything,to say they did is fake news and anyone who says is a bold face liar.

Old 12-06-2016, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Why are liberals burning their neighbourhoods?

Are you at all aware of the tight housing development restriction here??!

To answer your question: it's to make new housing.

Old 12-06-2016, 10:56 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Reading through this thread it's pretty clear that there are an awful lot of defensive Trump supporters.
I wonder why that is.
Could it be that they themselves believed these hacked emails?
Could it be that they approve of the gunman's actions?
Could it be that they will blindly overlook anything that reflects badly on the Reddit, 4chan, etc. communities?

I'm thinking all of the above.

Old 12-06-2016, 11:02 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Reading through this thread it's pretty clear that there are an awful lot of defensive Trump supporters.
I wonder why that is.
Could it be that they themselves believed these hacked emails?
Could it be that they approve of the gunman's actions?
Could it be that they will blindly overlook anything that reflects badly on the Reddit, 4chan, etc. communities?

I'm thinking all of the above.
I am thinking you are right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies