Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 03:04 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times

Advertisements

Remember CNN reporting that Trump had no path to 270 electoral votes.
Let's list some more fake CNN news;

GOP brokered or contested convention.
Trump assaulting women
CNN helping Hillary with town hall questions
CNN hosts being paid and attending meetings to support Clinton campaign
CNN NOT reporting important news to help their candidate which creates a false narrative.
Etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2016, 03:58 AM

1,850 posts, read 820,628 times
I'd be more upset if anyone watched CNN outside of airports.

Old 12-06-2016, 04:10 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
CNN making a major controversy about Trump ticking off China with a phone conversation with Taiwan, while not making a story over Obama ticking off China by giving Taiwan citizens more rights to travel to the US, accepting Taiwan diplomats, sending US diplomats to Taiwan, selling Taiwan $1.8 Billion in military equipment, making a new stealth fighter base in Australia to protect US interests, pushing Taiwan to join TPP, pushing Taiwan to join the ICAO, etc....

It is okay for Obama to consistently push the envelop with Taiwan, but heaven forbid if Trump has one phone conversation pushes a false narrative as most on the Alt-Left that watch CNN don't even realize that Obama has done far bigger things than phone conversations with Taiwan.

Old 12-06-2016, 04:13 AM

1,850 posts, read 820,628 times
I bet CNN viewers who are so hot and bothered about China forgot that Bill Clinton gave classified missile technology to them while they aided him in illegal campaign contributions. Bill Clinton armed the Chinese and North Koreans and Obama armed the Iranians. Just dropping some knowledge on the forum this morning.

Old 12-06-2016, 05:24 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

Trump assaulting women
CNN NOT reporting important news to help their candidate which creates a false narrative.
Etc.

It was called the "Clinton News Network when Bill was president for a reason.

Nothing has changed.

Old 12-06-2016, 05:26 AM

3,135 posts, read 3,781,308 times
Liberals hate it when what they started, comes back to bite them in the ass...CNN, Hillary, Clinton Foundation, etc...

Old 12-06-2016, 05:30 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
I think you need to understand the difference between reporting news, and someones attempt to analyze/speculate about how a future event might play out.

Am I issuing fake news if I speculate the Cowboy's will beat the Raiders in a coming football game (and then they lose anyway)? Of course not, I am simply speculating they will win, based on some obvious facts, but the truth it that no one expects me to know for sure how a future event will actually play out.

However, someone reporting that six million Amish have pledged to vote for Trump is fake news, because there aren't anywhere near that many Amish in US.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 12-06-2016 at 05:43 AM..

Old 12-06-2016, 05:38 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,627,476 times
Quote:

Trump assaulting women
Etc.
Your side won the election. How is this relevant? Lots of fake news on Faux also. What's the point? Quit listening to Limbaugh. He made a living off Bill Clinton, talking about him even when he was way out of office...
This is why the two sides can never work together. If you stay entrenched, you can never move on. Do we need to split this country so we can live together?

Old 12-06-2016, 05:38 AM

13,685 posts, read 9,009,247 times
Quote:

Trump assaulting women
Etc.
So what 'news' websites do you get your information from? Let us see:

Here, you started a thread linking to a suspect news site claiming that some doctor that had treated Hillary Clinton was dead under suspicious circumstances:

Another death and affiliation with Hillary Clinton...suicide...really?

Of course, it was all nonsense (except he did die):
Maryland Doctor Who Treated Hillary Clinton for Blood Clot on Brain Mysteriously Dies : snopes.com

Here you started a thread linking to 'dcclothesline' or such, claiming Hillary was a secret lesbian, Bill had 2000 lovers, etc.:

Longtime mistress of Bill Clinton speaks out about Hillary and her gay life!

Here is a thread you began linking to 'joeforamerica' claiming Bill Clinton had AIDS:

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...lary-look-sick-
bill.html

No wonder you think that CNN is crooked. They do not report the stories floating about in your head.

Old 12-06-2016, 05:43 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,700,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I think you need to understand the difference between reporting news, and someones attempt to analyze/speculate about how a future event might play out.

Am I issuing fake news if I speculate the Cowboy's will beat the Raiders in a coming football game (and then they lose anyway)? Of course not, I am simply speculating they will win, based on some obvious facts, but the truth it that no one expects me to know for sure how a future event will actually play out.
There is something of a conspiracy afoot to discredit the traditional news outlets by characterizing the news they reports as something that has been made up - in other words, as deliberate lies. Is it a deliberate lie to show a series of tweets that there published by someone? Nope. Also, some people are trying to rewrite history by claiming that these outlets said things that they didn't. Those same people would refuse to examine any link that disproved their statements, tho.

On the other hand, is it a deliberate lie to say that a particular pizza parlor is trafficking in the mistreatment of children? Yep. Has that 'trafficking in children' been reported as a 'fact' by any traditional news outlet? Nope. Has it reported as true in a story on breitbart? Probably. Has it spread like wildfire on an assortment of 'right wing' blogs that pass off outlandish tales and opinions as news? Yep, definitely. And, those who disdain the traditional news media are lapping it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies