Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 07:24 PM

35,685 posts, read 21,035,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimber View Post
Racism. They belittle him because he is black and a Christian. Can you imagine if muslim doctors were treated this way? What a shame to see the democrats revert back to their pre-civil rights era mindset.
trash- there is no racism in this - trumpettes seem to be stuck in that mind frame??

Old 12-06-2016, 07:29 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,846,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
trash- there is no racism in this - trumpettes seem to be stuck in that mind frame??
Racism isn't based on what you think... most racists deny being racist... too bad people will point you out for being racist...

Old 12-06-2016, 07:33 PM

3,271 posts, read 2,188,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
one thing I have learned- very intelligent people just have NO common sense- I hope he does well- for all the workers and the people affected via HUD- but I think because of his HIGH intelligence and altruistic mindset- he will get very upset with the whole broken system. he can quit- Obama s also very smart and found himself surrounded by Congressional bullies who did Not wan to fix anything-
I think this is a broad generalization. I've met people that are both brilliant and also have great leadership characteristics and intuition.

Obviously Dr. Carson felt that he had great leadership qualities or he wouldn't have made an attempt to run for President.

Make no mistake, of course Carson will have to learn the job and integrate successful private sector practices into his agency in order to improve efficiencies and effectiveness. You can earn an MBA in less than a year if you are dedicated enough, plus consultants can be hired where necessary to provide expert insight.

Last edited by Jobster; 12-06-2016 at 07:58 PM..

Old 12-06-2016, 09:10 PM

15,525 posts, read 10,491,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
And repubs don't like Obama because he is also an intelligent black man who doesn't buy into repub bs and radical ideas. Of course an intelligent black man can be elected to represent the democratic party as it's presidential candidate - not so on the repub side - just ask your boy Dr. Carson.

But he can have a "token" position as Secretary of a meaningless agency like HUD as a pat on the head for letting Trump humiliate him on the campaign trail.
Why would it even occur to you to call Dr. Carson a boy? How does that thought even pop into your head? He's not a child, he's an adult.

Old 12-07-2016, 02:35 AM

33,324 posts, read 12,498,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
With the Democrats, Dr. Carson and President Obama, the only reason they tolerated Obama was that he beat the pantsuit off of Hillary Clinton and, he is not black but mixed race.
Yep.

I'm reminded of Biden's comment about Obama -- "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man".

and

Harry Reid's comment about the country being ready for Obama as a candidate because he's -- "A light-skinned African American with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one".

Quote:
I actually think Dr. Carson bothers them more because he was/is so successful.
Not only that, some don't like the strength of his faith...not to mention the fact that his comments at the prayer breakfast put a look on Obama's face that make one wonder if Obama had just eaten a truckload of prunes.

Quote:
Dr. Carson grew up as a black in Detroit, raised by a black mother,
Not to mention that his mother was functionally illiterate, but still disciplined him to do his homework and pretended to critique that homework.

Quote:
totally different than Obama's upbringing making Obama more palatable for the Dems.

I noticed the hatefulness toward Dr. Carson early on and I knew what it was. Ignorance on steroids, otherwise known as racism.
Yep

Quote:
Look at the horse's butt the Dems ran who could not recognize a classified document!!!
LOL.

Old 12-07-2016, 02:42 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,347,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Great to see so many conservatives claiming that "we like black people too", as long as they're Republicans.

I saw Dr Carson on TV and the guy is clueless, believes the earth is 6,000 years old. That alone tells me he may be a trained surgeon but he is no rocket scientist.

In his defense, he is a Seventh Day Adventist. I know many (most of my in-laws are SDA), and they all believe this. My late SDA FIL thought the dinosaur fossils were planted by Satan. It is one of the peculiar beliefs to their religion.

Speaking of peculiar religious beliefs, if Dr. Carson were Muslim and was an advocate of Sharia law, made his wife wear a Burka, had an attitude about "infidels", etc. would you be more accepting of that?

Last edited by Mrs. Skeffington; 12-07-2016 at 03:01 AM..

Old 12-07-2016, 02:52 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,183,550 times
Yeah...I definitely hate Ben Carson because he's black. I can't think of any other reason to hate him. That's enough.

Ummm....sorry, I meant DOCTOR Ben Carson. My bad.

Old 12-07-2016, 04:14 AM

269 posts, read 134,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Democrats like to use racism for everything and shall we use that term as Democrats used for 8 years against republicans....

Dr. Carson, according to Chuck Schumer, has no experience. Really?

A community organizer and first term Senator who failed to vote most of the time was chosen as president.

Give me a break! Another attempt of whining and loser bunch called democrats who are still in need of petting a rabbit and using crayons.
How are conservatives still attacking President Obama's qualifications to be President when they just voted for Trump who had zero experience in government.

Dr. Carson, knows nothing about HUD, it wasn't a platform he focused on while he was running for President. He is unqualified for the position. It is ok to say that about him even if it wasn't true, but it is true.

But Trump is much more unqualified to be President.

Old 12-07-2016, 04:29 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,651,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAcapulco View Post
It's racism.
Why?

Old 12-07-2016, 04:50 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,698,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Democrats don't like Carson because he is an educated, intelligent black man. I think Dems are racist for criticizing Dr. Carson's HUD nomination.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Based on his work history, he has been far busier in one year than you in your entire life, his ability to manage delicate and complex situations far exceeds your ability to judge him... attempts to qualify him when you are clearly inferior only shows your racist hate of someone clearly superior to you... Merry Christmas...
Quote:
You are racist when you make an irrational judgment of someone... Dr. Carson is obviously capable of doing many types of jobs including HUD, he is not inferior to most men including white men... irrational hate for a man, particularly a black man who hasn't even started his role... is the very definition of racism... there have been many white men in that role who have been terrible at there jobs, but not a word from any of you.. a black man who is intelligent, well spoken, driven, and a desire to help... that should be the very qualification you look for in any candidate, much less the secretary for HUD... and it is racist to deny that a capable black man is not capable of a white man's expectation... Merry Christmas...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimber View Post
Racism. They belittle him because he is black and a Christian. Can you imagine if muslim doctors were treated this way? What a shame to see the democrats revert back to their pre-civil rights era mindset.
Quote:
Racism isn't based on what you think... most racists deny being racist... too bad people will point you out for being racist...
So, clearly believing that a person who has demonstrated no past aptitude for managing a complex government agency is racist. That appears to be the canned response to everything. Of course, there is no defense against being called racist, and those who repeatedly accuse people of racism know it. Despite most of the posts that express concern that carson is not qualified for the job are not even mentioning race as a factor... yet, a large number of the accusatory posts DO mention race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies