Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2016, 01:10 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,454,667 times

Advertisements

This is just another Trump "jab" at China and a jab at Boeing to bring more of it's jobs back to the USA.
First Taiwan, and now this.

You really think Trump wants to tick off China and then fly around in an old Cessna?

China is one of Boeing's biggest customers.
They buy tons of planes from Boeing every year. Look it up.

They have been pressuring Boeing to build a plant in China for many years (probably to steal trade and technology secrets for their own aircraft industries).

Read the Forbes Magazine story below.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/lorentho.../#4cb5c91e5252

Boeing builds parts of it's planes all over the world and assembles them in the USA.

The way it works with Boeing is like this.
A country signs up to buy several planes, and then that country gets contracts to build some of the sub-assemblies.

Boeing has been doing this for years.
You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours type of thing.

Watch.
All of a sudden, you will see Boeing announce that it's bringing a ton of jobs back to the USA, and the Air Force One contracts won't be cancelled.

That's Trumps game in all this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2016, 01:15 PM

1,180 posts, read 778,147 times
He hasn't even been sworn in yet, and he has saved upwards of 4 Billion dollars and a LOT of jobs.

We have the Best. President. Ever!!!!!

Old 12-06-2016, 01:17 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Agree about the perception, but again, keep in mind its just a Tweet from a POTUS-elect with no real weight behind it yet. Again, I'm not a supporter, I won't say I find it "refreshing" but I will say that it gives me hope that something might change.

I relate it a little to my work place, which is your typical over-sized inefficient corporate monolith. I see people doing the same stuff over and over because "thats how we always do it" yet the results seem to deteriorate over time and nobody revisits the approach or methods behind what they are doing. Not to say that the reckless approach is right, but if its an indication of some change, I'm all for that, but while on the same hand hoping that once he is in office the checks and balances of his cabinet, VP, and house/congress will help tone it down a bit while still allowing for some non-traditional approaches to things so we can see some momentum in the economy and the overall health of our nation.
We can only hope and I hope you are right about that. Donald Trump has a rare dynamism that can cut through the haze and ennui so prevalent in Corporate /government and do great things if he uses the proven tools of the 240 year old American government system. He can reshape it but completely change it would not be the best idea, IMO. Frankly, he needs a leash. Perhaps congress will work on that.

Old 12-06-2016, 01:17 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,171,221 times
Maybe he'll buy an Airbus?

You know, America first.

Old 12-06-2016, 01:21 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,635,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
4 Billion for a personal jet?? What are they doing redesigning it from the wheels up as a one off??

Trump is a business man and like any good business man that has just bought out or taken over a company there will be cuts and lay offs to the bottom line.
America has been on a runaway spending frenzy for years now and slowing that bleeding is a good first step.
Stopping it will not be pretty nor popular but it is what we need.
Imagine running your house like the Government runs the country.... only we don't have the option to print more money, play with interest rates or influence the stock market.

Imagine Trump might actually do something good by cutting bloated budgets and putting the money to better use somewhere else.
Wow AMAZING someone that gets it.

Expressed so easy anyone that budgets monthly bills should understand.

Old 12-06-2016, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Too many bad movies...
Not true at all. But I won't get into it.

Old 12-06-2016, 01:27 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
When this plane should resist a nuclear blast, when the plane has every part redundant and can fly on one engine
Lol, I'd love to see the documentation on this.

Old 12-06-2016, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
True the price could go up in regards to maintenance. And honestly, since I don't have any schedules to review in regards to the price, we don't know if it is just for the planes or maintenance with the planes.

Regardless, he should not have Tweeted this information.
That's most likely the case for the difference between the 2.87B and the 4B. I used to fly C121 Super Constellations out of Argentia, Newfoundland back in the early 60s and periodically we had to take some to Idlewild in NYC to LAS called Lockheed Aircraft Service for contractor maintenance and upgrade. we all got to party hardy in NYC and bring back to the states 5 fifths of Canadian club at 2.20 a bottle.
The contractor maintenance on the Super connie was all part of the original contract price.

Old 12-06-2016, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Well, we'll pay Carrier whatever they want to keep a few hundred jobs in the states.
From what I've read, they are getting a tax break of $7 million over 10 years to save 1,100 jobs.

That sounds like a good deal to me.

The really funny thing is that people on this thread have said $2 billon is irrelevant when buying a government plane.

Old 12-06-2016, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
He is. Otherwise he wouldn't have access to GSA or DoD information pertaining to government contract pricing.
So, it's your claim that ONLY government officials have access to that information?

I couldn't come up with any examples of contractors that do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies