Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 07:53 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,678,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
This kind of crap just makes me laugh. More liberal blathering and speculating without a shred of proof.
LOL, other than his complete life no proof at all .Good Lord are these Trumpettes for real?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2016, 07:55 AM

39,081 posts, read 51,259,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jertheber View Post
Trump will be the odd man out after he begins the daily "work" of being president. Most of his supporters are not mindless worshipers as much as they are simply wanting him to help them have a better life. I'm thinkng there will be a ton of backlash on this guy, he's a man dedicated to---himself..
He promised more than a president has the power to deliver (not that he really meant any of it) and his SNL tweet showed that his lack of temperament can't be fixed. His support will gradually dwindle to pretty much just the deplorables that loved him from the start, through the primaries and the general. That's about 25% of the voters. For them, it is rooted in bitterness, anger, and bigotry and those are emotions so no rational reflection is going to easily change their view. It's like Arpaio demonstrated in Arizona. No matter how badly you do the job, all you need to do is once in a while go arrest some Mexicans with a lot of cameras and press onhand and you keep your supporters happy. When that stopped working for Ol Joe, he started going after animal abusers, puppy mills, etc. There is always some distraction that can hold the attention of the ignorant.

Old 12-06-2016, 08:33 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,080,948 times
Quote:
A little bird informed me that some Trump critics have been reserving tickets for his upcoming gloat-fests, and – *gasp* – aren’t planning to attend. Thanks to the power of the Internet (and the collective rage of the majority of the country), this effort might leave quite a few seats empty for the remaining events.
If that is the case I'd have to say that is pretty classless and childish bur would not be surpising.

Old 12-06-2016, 08:48 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Seems the President Elect's self serving victory tour has turned a bit sour.
The campaign is over. Why would people still line up for a Trump rally? And why is he still campaigning?

Old 12-06-2016, 08:56 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,669,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The campaign is over. Why would people still line up for a Trump rally? And why is he still campaigning?
Trump is and always has been, all about the sizzle and nothing about the steak.

Old 12-06-2016, 09:02 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,370,596 times
Quote:
His predecessor did the same sort of victory tour after the 2008 race, and continued campaigning well into his second term.

Old 12-06-2016, 09:03 AM

39,081 posts, read 51,259,863 times
Buyer's remorse is already setting in. I have family members who are upper middle class, educated, conservatives. They are all starting to sound like so many Hillary people did on election day. Making excuses, rationalizing their vote with, "I voted for xxx because I just could not support the other candidates." They never thought he would win given the polls and all. Well, as Stan Laurel would say "Here's another fine mess you've gotten me into."

Old 12-06-2016, 09:03 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,720,243 times
Quote:
That's what he loves--campaigning. Having huge crowds come out and cheer for him.

Actually doing the job? Nah. That's difficult and boring.

Old 12-06-2016, 09:36 AM

38,646 posts, read 26,398,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Seems the President Elect's self serving victory tour has turned a bit sour.

https://civitasonline.net/2016/12/03...trump-critics/

Actually, the election is over and people have simply moved on.

Arenas are not the correct venue at this point in the process since his supporters, though loyal and enthusiastic, won't be taking time off work three weeks before Christmas to attend a post election political rally.

I know that a lot of the people I work with will be putting in overtime these next couple weeks (myself included), so convincing working Americans (the Trump base) to come out to see Trump mid-December is a tough sell.

Schools, factories, houses of worship and the like would all be better places to build popular support for what he plans to do after taking office as these are some of the best places to connect with ordinary people.

Old 12-06-2016, 09:37 AM

12,391 posts, read 7,103,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Most conservatives are realists and realize he cannot fulfill 100%, but he has not even taken office yet and you sore losers are demonizing him already.
Yes, people understand that Trump is only one man, and can't singlehandedly turn the country around.

There will be plenty of people in Washington, and on Wall Street that will be working hard to prevent Trump from taking the country back for the people.

It will be a long and hard fight, but one that must be fought.

All of the people saying Trump has gone back on all his promises before he even take office are nothing short of downright childish. I don't understand why the mods aren't deleting all of these dupe threads like this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies