Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 12:59 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,109,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Oh, the race card, what a shocker.
Since I don't expect any valid explanations for why yall are going to suddenly be okay w/ all the expenses that come w/ being President once Obama is out, I'm going to call it like I see it. But feel free to take your time to come up w/ an excuse for why you don't care about the extra costs for two residences, and the part-time schedule, and extra security, and extra everything that gold-plate Trump is going to rack up...

Old 12-07-2016, 06:10 AM

15,070 posts, read 10,089,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njquestions View Post
Notice how what I pointed out exposes the flawed logic of the left, so all you do is say that I am "deflecting"?
But Hillary...

But Obama...

But Liberal Media...

But Liberal agenda...

Both sides do it.... but that IS deflecting.

Old 12-07-2016, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Let's say there are 10 secret service guys making $1,000 a day. Ok, that's $10,000. Is rent of a floor $490,000 to $990,000 a day?

Something, literally, doesn't add up.
I've been hearing that its actually 2 floors, 24/7 secret service command post, duplication of presidential work space normally in the White House, and 250 agents. I bet there won't be a discount in rent either... since secret service will really have no choice.

I recall a while back that a single floor in its most basic form is six figures per month.

Yeh I agree... still seems excessive in not only cost but also the size of the operation.

What bothers me is the size of the size and cost the operation for a single president but yet the new AF1/2 project is too expensive? Two planes for $4 billion (for both) doesn't seem all that excessive by comparison when you consider they will serve multiple presidents for 30 years.

Last edited by usayit; 12-07-2016 at 06:29 AM..

Old 12-07-2016, 07:17 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
That could have paid for quite a few (not so) shovel ready jobs. But who needs jobs when he's putting everyone on welfare, am I right???
So could the $147 million it's going to cost to keep Tramp's wife and kid in NYC until June. But I don't see you whining about that.

$147 million and he's not even president yet. More to come, I'm sure.

Old 12-07-2016, 07:38 AM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Meanwhile, we're footing a million-dollar a day security bill for the President elect and his first lady.
If she refuses to live in the White House for the 4 years of Trump's term, that million dollar daily security bill will total up to cost us $1,460,000,000.00.

That's one billion, four hundred sixty million dollars. For the security of a single woman and her child who chooses to live in a place where security is extremely difficult, so its extremely expensive.

And that's a hell of a lot of shovel-ready jobs that aren't gonna happen.

Old 12-07-2016, 07:40 AM

1,850 posts, read 819,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Meanwhile, we're footing a million-dollar a day security bill for the President elect and his first lady.
If she refuses to live in the White House for the 4 years of Trump's term, that million dollar daily security bill will total up to cost us $1,460,000,000.00.

That's one billion, four hundred sixty million dollars.

And that's a hell of a lot of shovel-ready jobs that aren't gonna happen.
LOL, liberals furiously making up numbers, like they did for Obamacare. They're so great at just typing random numbers, aren't they? "OMG, Obamacare will save ...uh ...$2 trillion!!" "You'll all save on average ....uh ....$2500!!" Now it's like "guys, I just calculated that Trump's security bill alone will cost the country like $30 billion. For real, I did it on a calculator!!!"

LMAO

Old 12-07-2016, 07:40 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
And vacation is something you earn through work and a job well done. Since oblahblah didn't do jack squat for 8 years he needs to reimburse the taxpayers for that $85M.
Call your senators and congressman.

Demand reimbursement.

Don't take no for an answer.

Keep us updated.

Old 12-07-2016, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njquestions View Post
LOL, liberals furiously making up numbers, like they did for Obamacare. They're so great at just typing random numbers, aren't they?
The numbers came from a NYC petition that was signed by concerned people comprising of both parties. The issue is not liberal vs conservative it is a Manhattan/NYC residence issue. If NYC had been a Republican stronghold, I have no doubt the same issue would have been brought up by that "Republican" city... it would still be a concern.

Yes, the numbers are an estimation (I also don't find them believable). However there are already costs accrued (police and traffic for example). Whether it is 1 million or 10k, NYC shouldn't be responsible for the cost for securing the president.. they really cannot afford it. Whether or not it is 1 million or 10k, there are obvious costs to securing two locations for Presidential operations rather just the White House like in previous Presidents.

Trump's floors in his tower are among the most expensive real estate in NYC. It is extravagance that shouldn't be allowed on tax payer dollars BUT secret service will have no choice. Securing a building that sits feet from public access areas has got to be a daunting task. A great sign of appeasing the concern would at the very least allow the floors to be leased by the Secret Service at below or at cost to the tower... since they are only there for one reason; Trump and his Family...

I would take it further and say that is unreasonable for the Taxpayer. Liberal, Conservative, or whatever, the extra costs in this financial climate is and should be a concern for everyone.

You post is an Example of deflection

"But Liberal Media ".

Typical modus operandi on your part.. I don't say that as a liberal or conservative.. I say this as someone who points out hypocrisy when I see it. Complaining about one presidents vacations while dismissing concerns of maintaining another president's desire to work part-time in two locations is hypocrisy.

Last edited by usayit; 12-07-2016 at 08:18 AM..

Old 12-07-2016, 08:11 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
In 8 years? Wow... and that would almost pay 3 months of security for trump's far flung family. What a deal!
Exactly.

We must be vigilant over the next four years and make sure that we keep track of how much the Trumps cost the taxpayers in vacation, separate residences, travel, etc. since you know it won't be an issue AT ALL for his supporters.

Old 12-07-2016, 08:15 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,443,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Exactly.

We must be vigilant over the next four years and make sure that we keep track of how much the Trumps cost the taxpayers in vacation, separate residences, travel, etc. since you know it won't be an issue AT ALL for his supporters.

Are you volunteering to be the citizen accountant ? Do you have your CPA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies