Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2016, 01:26 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,832,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Feigning ignorance to logical argument does not validate your position. It only makes your attempt at making such an argument silly and amusing.

Run along, have some shame and know when you have nothing to offer.
I'd love to see a logical argument but all you seem able to do is quibble over tone. Perhaps you could present one. Why don't you distill down what you consider to be your most logical argument into a succinct form and then we can talk about it.

Here I will even start:

My argument > People can and should have ultimate control over what goes on inside their own bodies. If you do not have the right to bodily autonomy then you cannot possibly be considered free. To force a woman to bear a pregnancy is elevating the rights of the fetus over the rights of the mother. In the case of abortions before the "quickening" as described earlier (which is the vast majority), it is elevating the rights of a non-sentient mass of cells over the rights of the mother.

Your turn. See if you can do it without the emotional appeals.

Last edited by zzzSnorlax; 12-07-2016 at 02:05 PM..

Old 12-07-2016, 01:32 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:

they are irresponsible women who seek satisfaction over their responsibilities
This right here is the crux of the matter. Men still want to punish women who dare to have sex.

Old 12-07-2016, 01:44 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
This right here is the crux of the matter. Men still want to punish women who dare to have sex.
A very large majority of the pro-life side consists of women. At any rally, most there are women.

Old 12-07-2016, 02:20 PM

Quote:
For the love of sanity, your question is a damn FALLACY!!!!! DO YOU KNOW WHAT A FALLACY IS? DO YOU?

Please look up what a fallacy is, think about how your question is specifically tailoring a result you are looking for and then think LONG AND HARD.

/sigh
No it isn't. While very rare it does happen. It's not even a difficult question to answer.

I do not believe anyone has the right to take the life of another outside of direct self defense. In the very rare case where this might apply she has a right to choose her life. If this was the only reason we had abortions we would not be having this conversation.

Old 12-07-2016, 02:24 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,903,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
No it isn't. While very rare it does happen. It's not even a difficult question to answer.

I do not believe anyone has the right to take the life of another outside of direct self defense. In the very rare case where this might apply she has a right to choose her life. If this was the only reason we had abortions we would not be having this conversation.
I attended to that very specific point that if their entire position is based on a specific occurrence then why do they support all other occurrences? They avoided that issue and if they can't answer that question, then it means they are lying, they are trying to manufacture an "I GOTCHA" so they can dismiss my argument and proclaim a victory.

It is a devious fallacy meant to avoid the fact that their entire premise is INVALID!

Now if their argument was simply that specific issue, then we could go into that area, but that poster was not arguing such, would not establish their position as such and so I will not waste my time attending to their silly fallacious attempt to run away from their invalid premise.

Old 12-07-2016, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Wanna tell me if all the frozen IVF embryos should also have full rights or are you still steering clear of that one?
Still looking for an answer to this one as well.

Old 12-07-2016, 02:29 PM

Quote:
What logic? What challenge? If you have challenged my logic it certainly does not feel that way to me, maybe you need to work on getting your point across. Is it the part where you claim to be attending to the arguments and advise other people to check their emotions, when all your arguments are based on emotion?

Wanna tell me if all the frozen IVF embryos should also have full rights or are you still steering clear of that one?

It isn't even full rights for embryos that you are describing, it is extra rights above and beyond what a normal person would have. A person with full rights does not have the right to use parts of, alter the function of, or reside inside of another person against their will. With your logic ONLY a fetus has THOSE rights.
Are they a life by the basis of science? Then you answered your own question.

Hey look ma, I stripped out this half grown fetus from this women, it ain't born yet, hur hur, so it ain't a life /derp /derp!

by the way, if I inseminate an egg in a test tube, then grow it to a full adult, can I kill it if I don't wake it? Can I? Or is there some special like rule you have where we can see it as life, maybe I can pull it to the edge of the test tube and grind its brains up before I pull it out? Is that ok? Hmm? Where is that line?

I think you got your answer there.

Old 12-07-2016, 02:30 PM

Quote:
I attended to that very specific point that if their entire position is based on a specific occurrence then why do they support all other occurrences? They avoided that issue and if they can't answer that question, then it means they are lying, they are trying to manufacture an "I GOTCHA" so they can dismiss my argument and proclaim a victory.

It is a devious fallacy meant to avoid the fact that their entire premise is INVALID!

Now if their argument was simply that specific issue, then we could go into that area, but that poster was not arguing such, would not establish their position as such and so I will not waste my time attending to their silly fallacious attempt to run away from their invalid premise.
Well, I answered it and there has been no follow up.

Old 12-07-2016, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Are they a life by the basis of science? Then you answered your own question.

Hey look ma, I stripped out this half grown fetus from this women, it ain't born yet, hur hur, so it ain't a life /derp /derp!

I think you got your answer there.
Man are you physically incapably of giving a straight answer to a question?

Quote:
Are they a life by the basis of science?
What does this even mean?

Speaking of fallacies >

"Hey look ma, I stripped out this half grown fetus from this women, it ain't born yet, hur hur, so it ain't a life /derp /derp!"

< Is a complete strawman, with some ad hominem tacked on with your derp emotes. Rediculous, maybe you don't think you have convinced enough people that you are a complete hypocrite yet and just decided to swing for the fences.

You also continue to insinuate that I ever said it was not a life. So maybe you can argue against the points I am actually stating rather than the ones you are putting in my mouth. Just because something is alive doesn't mean it gets equal rights. Ants are alive, I don't see anyone saying they should have equal rights or that it is murder and destruction of property when I kick over an anthill. Lets just give equal rights to every thing that is a "life" and then when a guy masturbates we can charge him with genocide.

Last edited by zzzSnorlax; 12-07-2016 at 02:42 PM..

Old 12-07-2016, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Man are you physically incapably of giving a straight answer to a question?

What does this even mean?

Speaking of fallacies >

"Hey look ma, I stripped out this half grown fetus from this women, it ain't born yet, hur hur, so it ain't a life /derp /derp!"

< Is a complete strawman, with some ad hominem tacked on with your derp emotes, is that really how you think IVF works? Rediculous.
What does science establish as a life?

Are you getting offended? Do you need a safe space? You seem to be spending more time on getting offended than you do the argument.

You know what we call that? We call that an invalid argument, and you sir have ran out of fallacies to produce and so now you are going to get upset and act like you are being attacked.

How about you attend to the argument and we get past the whole safe space argument you are pushing out?

As I said, a life is defined based on science, what does science establish as the basis of life?

Then, as I said, take your "test tube" baby example to the limit and we see how it invalidates itself. That is, if we are to follow your reasoning, we can grow a baby to any size or age and then kill it, you know... because why? What do you term as a life?

What is that?

I think your own attempt to escape your invalid argument is starting to pen yourself down.

You see, by taking this route you have removed the argument of "the females right to her body" and actually gave a valid position to the fetus by making its life and existence a central position in the argument. You weren't thinking about that, we know... because you were too busing building fallacious "I Gotchas" to pay attention how you were pushing yourself into a corner.

So Mr. Wizard, explain to us what is a life and when we can no longer kill that life we created in that test tube?

I will be waiting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies