Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 05:47 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Not that I condone this type of thing, but when people talk about doing jobs Americans don't want to do, they're talking about things like farm hand labor.
So wages will need to go UP and, farms CAN'T cheat/overwork American or legal aliens. I don't care about illegal aliens except I want their kind GONE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2016, 05:51 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Could someone who is pushing the argument that illegal immigrants take jobs that Americans want, please provide some examples of states that cracked down on illegal immigration hiring and saw an employment and economic boom? Alabama? Georgia?

I know if there was a crackdown in FL, local men and women would be beating down the doors to work in hotel/motel housekeeping.

Forbes Welcome

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.e9ee2bf008dc

How America's harshest immigration law failed | MSNBC

Alabama got rid of illegal immigrants and discovered that Americans don’t want their backbreaking, low-paying jobs – InvestmentWatch

You're asking for something that nobody will be able to produce. States can have really tough laws, but enforcing them is another story altogether.

You do know the consequences pointed out, at least in the first two articles which were the only ones I read, are a result of these stupid companies hiring illegals in the first place, right? If people disappear overnight, causing others to have to work overtime, that's on the company for hiring illegals. If they pay so low because illegals will accept that pay, and others won't do the work for the same rate, that's also on the company.

These so-called consequences are avoidable. Don't hire illegals, don't drive rates down, people won't disappear overnight and you'll find plenty of people who will take the job.

People need to stop acting like illegals are the only people willing to do back breaking work.

Old 12-07-2016, 05:52 PM

50,239 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Not that I condone this type of thing, but when people talk about doing jobs Americans don't want to do, they're talking about things like farm hand labor.
And construction jobs. We've displaced 11-20 million Americans from work by allowing this to happen. Then, tried to fix it with social service programs.

Old 12-07-2016, 06:38 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I agree with most of what you're posting, but I don't know that it's always the left making these statements. I've heard people on the right say it, too.

I wouldn't say blacks are siding with illegals, or in favor of continuing immigration, because that's like saying 'whites are siding with'. There's no one size fits all, and opinions vary. But I'm glad they're filing a lawsuit and think penalties need to be harsher. Some companies pay the fine and continue what they're doing as if it's no big deal. Time to make it a big deal. Especially since black males have spent time in prison for far lesser crimes.
Amen.

Just as an aside, I know a lot of black people. Obviously not EVERY black person. But they all have one thing in common: they are anti-amnesty and most are in favor of cutting back on or eliminating work-based visas.

They're all employed, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies