Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 11:23 PM

421 posts, read 204,894 times

Advertisements

Example 1: the leftist claim that anything other than CNN/'mainstream news' is "fake news" Seems to me most of the actual "fake news" comes from outlets like CNN, but i digress

Example 2: "do a recount!"/"the election was rigged!".... say the same leftists who, just 2 months earlier, said the election couldn't POSSIBLY be rigged

Example 3: "we are peaceful"/"we are non-violent".... say the leftists who go out and riot, break things, damage vehicles, physically assault Trump supporter(s) later that same day/night

And those are just a few examples
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2016, 11:32 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,704,681 times
example 1.

its obvious that media conglomerates who have been around well before the internet existed are trying to get back their power, we saw the entire election season how cnn just made stuff up, daily, and they don't have to worry about telling the truth because they are so large that even if they lose a few people, they're not going out of business tomorrow.

youtube stars and twitter stars on the other hand, dont have a 'boss' telling them what to say, they have to produce quality content or else they go away, and they go away quickly. those people's brands and reputations are literally on the line with every tweet or video, if they get caught in one lie, they could be done.

Old 12-07-2016, 11:33 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,419,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scend57 View Post
Example 1: the leftist claim that anything other than CNN/'mainstream news' is "fake news" Seems to me most of the actual "fake news" comes from outlets like CNN, but i digress
Both sides claim anything that doesn't agree with them is "fake news".

Quote:
Example 2: "do a recount!"/"the election was rigged!".... say the same leftists who, just 2 months earlier, said the election couldn't POSSIBLY be rigged
The right has a problem with this? Why when Trump said it, it was a certainty? I do think the left just needs to accept the results and move on.

Quote:
Example 3: "we are peaceful"/"we are non-violent".... say the leftists who go out and riot, break things, damage vehicles, physically assault Trump supporter(s) later that same day/night

Why was there a thread in this very forum asking the right if they were ready to "rock n roll" should the recount favour Hillary?

What about these guys? (and I'm sure there are many more like them)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRhie2TizI0

Just asking.

Old 12-08-2016, 12:18 AM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Both sides claim anything that doesn't agree with them is "fake news".

The right has a problem with this? Why when Trump said it, it was a certainty? I do think the left just needs to accept the results and move on.

Why was there a thread in this very forum asking the right if they were ready to "rock n roll" should the recount favour Hillary?

What about these guys? (and I'm sure there are many more like them)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRhie2TizI0

Just asking.

Well, the thread was about hypocrisy of the left and the few cases you have referenced are isolated are out of the ordinary while it is fairly widespread/ mainstream on the other side of things.

Old 12-08-2016, 12:21 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
And nobody mentions the hypocrisy of Trump claiming elections are rigged and then claiming legitimacy of office from the result.

Or of conservatives talking about Hillary and corruption and now staying silent about Trump and his massive business empire he'll manage (oh sorry, his KIDS will manage) while he's President.

Or how conservatives complained about government over-reach and now are totally fine with a President targeting specific private industry CEOs for either bribes or threats to force them to make certain specific investment decisions.

You guys are a joke.

Old 12-08-2016, 01:42 AM

176 posts, read 288,333 times
Fake news is anything that can't be substantiated by facts. Anyone who believes everything on Wikipedia or obvious far right OR far left websites is an idiot. Those on the right fall prey to it more often, but some on the left do too. Regardless, screaming about people calling out fake news doesn't mean anything if you can't actually prove it isn't fake.

Trump claimed the election is rigged and recently claimed millions voted illegally. If anyone should be open to a recount, it's him.

I'm in DC, where 93% of us voted for Hillary. No riots. Just sadness at the stupidity of half the electorate.

Old 12-08-2016, 01:58 AM

12,031 posts, read 6,561,999 times
I have become quite alarmed at the LEVEL of control that the liberal-complex has over our country -- most of the media, the entertainment industry, our education system, pop culture and now social media is controlled by the liberal powers that be.

They have conditioned much of our country to view any view or perspective that leans even slightly conservative as "not cool" and probably is somehow racist, biggotted, homophobic, islamophobic, or ignorant.

Old 12-08-2016, 02:02 AM

1,650 posts, read 1,114,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caitlindwarf View Post
Fake news is anything that can't be substantiated by facts. Anyone who believes everything on Wikipedia or obvious far right OR far left websites is an idiot. Those on the right fall prey to it more often, but some on the left do too. Regardless, screaming about people calling out fake news doesn't mean anything if you can't actually prove it isn't fake.

Trump claimed the election is rigged and recently claimed millions voted illegally. If anyone should be open to a recount, it's him.

I'm in DC, where 93% of us voted for Hillary. No riots. Just sadness at the stupidity of half the electorate.
You had me till you started name calling. Lost all credibility.

Old 12-08-2016, 02:11 AM

176 posts, read 288,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimber View Post
You had me till you started name calling. Lost all credibility.
Like the credibility of the fake news you believe?

Old 12-08-2016, 06:32 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,719,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scend57 View Post
Example 1: the leftist claim that anything other than CNN/'mainstream news' is "fake news"
For a long time, the right maintained its own pro-big-business narrative, via outlets like the Wall Street Journal, Fox News, and certain obscure journals like the Investors Business Daily.

But brietbart and some of these right-wing "news" outlets today have no problems with blatantly lying.

A lot of it is tailored towards people who don't even read articles, but just look at the headlines.

Quote:
Seems to me most of the actual "fake news" comes from outlets like CNN, but i digress
Just because CNN is biased doesn't make their news 'fake.'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies