Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2016, 08:23 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njquestions View Post
So you're advising them to lie like Obama did? That's terrible.
Where did I say that? Please quote it. I'll wait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2016, 08:25 AM

1,850 posts, read 820,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Naturally. I've never advocated otherwise. You abide by the laws until you can get them changed via the accepted process.

That means that gay marriage should still be outlawed, since it was not changed via the accepted process.

Quote:
Keep reading - it was 390K marriages and 1.2M domestic partnerships. So, like I said, about 1.5M.

Exactly, so 390,000 total gay marriages in the entire country. Repeating it doesn't increase the number. But thanks for admitting you were lying to begin with. That's appreciated.

Old 12-09-2016, 08:38 AM

Quote:
That means that gay marriage should still be outlawed, since it was not changed via the accepted process.

When SCOTUS rules something to be in violation of the Constitution, those laws are null. That IS the accepted process.

Quote:
Exactly, so 390,000 total gay marriages in the entire country. Repeating it doesn't increase the number. But thanks for admitting you were lying to begin with. That's appreciated.

I wasn't lying and that's obvious. I was including domestic partnerships because that was the only avenue available to many, many same-sex couples until very recently. To not include them would be intellectually dishonest. I can see why you'd prefer that route, however.

If you really want to play semantic word games, ~400K is still a metric crap-ton more than 5....

Old 12-09-2016, 08:46 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,374,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Ever meet a gay activist? They are crazy as hell...even worse that your typical prog. Nothing is ever enough for them. So they didn't nail Chip and Joanna Gaines, they'll be back, looking for another scalp.
I have no idea what a "gay activist" even is. Are they going around campaigning that people should become gay or what? I have never met a single one EVER. But I can imagine they would be "crazy as hell" if I did.

However I have met activists who ARE gay. And I have met activists who are activist on issues affecting the gay community. NEITHER of those groups appear in general to be "crazy" in any way. Their arguments are quite lucid and rational.

Are SOME of them "crazy as hell". Well sure SOME are. Because SOME people in EVERY movement are "crazy as hell". But these are minority outlyers and there are no more (or less) of them in general than there are crazy liberals, crazy republicans, crazy atheists, crazy theists, crazy racists, crazy anti racists of any other group. There is ALWAYS an embarrassing fringe elements of extremists and nut jobs in every group over a certain size.

So if you mean "gay activist" as "activists who either are gay, campaign on gay issues, or both" then I am seeing nothing to suggest they are crazy. In fact I, a straight man, campaigned for a yes in the VERY successful referendum in Ireland to allow gay marriage. I can tell you all the arguments and points I used while doing it if you want. I would challenge you here and now to show what is "crazy as hell" about me, my arguments, or both if you like. I would be happy to be called a "gay activist" for what I did and how I did it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Exactly and why the left wing lost. They jumped the shark with trans in same bathrooms, abortion up to birth and gays shutting down businesses. Etc, etc, etc.
"Abortion up to birth" is a VERY minority position in the pro-choice world. Over on boards.ie for example, where I post heavily, of the MANY people arguing a pro-choice position there was TWO people posting who were for "abortion up to birth" and one of those eventually ran away and quit the forum in shame when his arguments were rebutted very politely and roundly.

What you will find is that most pro-choice people are ok with "abortion up to birth" ONLY in cases where the life or welfare of the mother is in danger and there is no other option.

The VAST majority of pro-choice people are pro-choice on what is called "abortion on demand" up to very well defined and argued cut off points such as 12 or 16 weeks of gestation.

Quote:
Homosexuality isn't biological. First of all, there's no inheritance pattern, either of being dominant, recessive, or sex-linked. Also, even if it was, it would naturally extinguish itself, since homosexuality is -- and this is an uncomfortable truth -- an evolutionary dead end.
Let us step outside your bi-partisan politics for a moment and merely discuss facts in a way that has nothing to do with this political divide that permeates everything you write with your "You liberals" remarks.

I am afraid your science and evolution claims here are ENTIRELY wrong. There is no reason why an inherited genetic trait of homosexuality would be an "evolutionary dead end". And, if you are actually interested, I can give you MANY arguments as to why this is so. I can even ask you a question that, under your understanding of how genetics works, you are HIGHLY unlikely to be able to answer.

Quote:
Homosexuals "in the wild" can't procreate.
That does not make it an "evolutionary dead end" though. That is simply not a constraint that exists in how evolution actually works. Again IF YOU LIKE I can go into why this is, but I am loathe to write a long post on it unless you actually say you want to hear the arguments and evidence on this. But if you are, I am HAPPY to explain it for you. My time, as they say, is yours.

Old 12-09-2016, 08:58 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Wow, some of those quotes by Obama are chilling. Like calling Islam a "beautiful religion of peace" and saying "the call to prayer at sunset is a beautiful sound"

I'm so glad we have a real American in office again. I just hope he can do some permanent things with the constitution to keep a anti-American activist scumbag like Obama OUT of that office.

Voter ID/reform has to be done and can be done with new SCOTUS appointees to come. Much has to change to protect our nation as we move into this new century.

Old 12-09-2016, 09:07 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
well, I believe this type of hatred comes from very personal reasons.

This gay guy might have been bullied; or having a religious family, etc. Of course I am just speculating here, but he has to know that most Christians (especially the modern younger generation) have no problems with gays.

I personally have never been bullied by gays, like I posted earlier, I don't tell them they go to hell, either. In all fairness, I don't see ANY clear thinking Christians tell the gays that they will go to hell (well, Westboro Baptist Church is really a family business by the way)

So I think this type irrational "hate" has to be something very personal.

Like for example, my sister's ex-husband cheated on her with a Mexican woman. For the longest time, she hated all Mexican women. Now my sis moved on and she realized how silly and childish she behaved in the past. lol If she wants to blame, blame her husband, or this woman alone. Her race has nothing to do with it. Plus, my sis is not really a woman to easily get along with. I love her, but dude, look at yourself in the mirror sometimes. I guess it is always easier to blame the race or the religion, instead of addressing the anger issues.

Scapegoating works for a while, but it is not good for psychological health in the long run. Stop this radom irrational hate already. Maybe try yoga.

Old 12-09-2016, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Wow, some of those quotes by Obama are chilling. Like calling Islam a "beautiful religion of peace" and saying "the call to prayer at sunset is a beautiful sound"

I'm so glad we have a real American in office again. I just hope he can do some permanent things with the constitution to keep a anti-American activist scumbag like Obama OUT of that office.

Voter ID/reform has to be done and can be done with new SCOTUS appointees to come. Much has to change to protect our nation as we move into this new century.

What, precisely, do you envision the President can "do with the Constitution"?

Old 12-09-2016, 09:08 AM

Quote:
What, precisely, do you envision the President can "do with the Constitution"?
They have to address the anchor baby thing.

Old 12-09-2016, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
They have to address the anchor baby thing.
The President is a "they"?

Old 12-09-2016, 09:11 AM

Quote:
The President is a "they"?
You think he can do it alone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies