Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 07:28 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
.................... and yet what he describes is the current democrat party, which is now the party of the elite, ultra rich and those on federal support.

The democrat party is no longer the party of the middle class or the working citizen. The democrat party despises the average American and, as such, has catered to illegals, the ultra-rich, weird fringe groups, and every foreign nation which will throw them a dime. The democrat party brought us NAFTA, China trade policies, repeal of Glass-Steagle, and massive inflows of illegals. These actions have destroyed the middle class, increased the "wealth gap", and lowered incomes. The chief intent of the democrats appeared to be intent on creating a feudal system in America in which the ultra-rich preside over a slave class.

If the democrat party was that of Truman and FDR, I would be a democrat. However....................

I sincerely wonder why anyone in their right mind would be a democrat today, unless they suddenly change back to be the party of the working stiff. No one wants to be a poor, federal dependent, ruled by smug elitists.
It is a global vision which the far left democrats are working toward. They want to bring our wages down to the third world countries so the working class Americans equal the third world wages. They are working to bring white collar wages down , sending illegals to college to prepare them to bring the wages down across the board. The rich and their greed don't care about anything but money and power and the democratic party has gotten so far off track that Americans voted in Trump.

Many have recognized what Trump was saying. They felt it for years. The democrats were the working man's party and that all changed with Nafta and world trade agreements. We Trump supporters voted , we were heard. We are not invisible anymore. The pundits refused to recognize us. Both parties refused to acknowledge us for years. The democrats as well as the established Republicans tried to crush us. We spoke loud and clear at the ballot box.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2016, 07:33 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
good article, even though all these points have been made by others already.

Old 12-08-2016, 07:40 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I kind of liked Trump at first, then decided he was a douche who people projected their fantasies of how he would govern on just because he was an unknown quality. I had decided to sit out the primaries because I couldn't choose between Trump or Cruz, neither of whom I liked.

Then came the rally in San Jose and all those people chasing down and beating people just because they didn't like their choice of candidate, all while the police looked on and did nothing. From that moment on I was a Trump supporter, even though I figured he would lose. I still don't regret my vote. He gets four years to prove himself or he's out of there. Already I'm happy to see he tries to do things that his predecessor said was impossible and refused to even try, like trying to keep companies from moving facilities out of the country. If only he would get rid of his Twitter account and ignore SNL.

I voted for Cruz in the primary but regretted it after I discovered his wife works for GS.

Hopefully Trump will appoint Cruz to the Supreme Court to keep him out of mischief.

As for Trump, I agree.

He gets four years to prove himself, but I like what I see so far.

Old 12-08-2016, 07:47 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
I think his argument is mostly a pile of crap. You would think that Clinton lost by some gigantic margin when in fact it was less than 100K votes in three rust belt states that provided an electoral margin. Yeah, sure, lots of deplorables showed up, but the bigger reality is that everyone on the other side was so damn sure that Clinton had this, that they did not see the urgency and did not bother to vote. The most passionate of the anti-Trump who did show gave him a vote by voting for Stein thinking it wouldn't matter because Clinton was a shoo-in. In Michigan, Stein got 60,000 votes in a state Trump took by less than 10,000. But mostly it was just turnout. It was the worst turnout for Dems in a decade at least. Turnout. That was always the problem, is always the problem with Democrats. It is why they are outside the House, can't take the senate, and we have right wing governors in charge of moderate states. Unless they have some glamour-puss candidate their lazy tail voters stay home. Then they take to the streets to demonstrate about the results of an election they could have easily won had they bothered to participate in it.

Old 12-08-2016, 07:55 AM

8,418 posts, read 7,412,065 times
I found this editorial cartoon very apt (Somewhere in the Wilderness....).

Old 12-08-2016, 08:10 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I think his argument is mostly a pile of crap. You would think that Clinton lost by some gigantic margin when in fact it was less than 100K votes in three rust belt states that provided an electoral margin. Yeah, sure, lots of deplorables showed up, but the bigger reality is that everyone on the other side was so damn sure that Clinton had this, that they did not see the urgency and did not bother to vote. The most passionate of the anti-Trump who did show gave him a vote by voting for Stein thinking it wouldn't matter because Clinton was a shoo-in. In Michigan, Stein got 60,000 votes in a state Trump took by less than 10,000. But mostly it was just turnout. It was the worst turnout for Dems in a decade at least. Turnout. That was always the problem, is always the problem with Democrats. It is why they are outside the House, can't take the senate, and we have right wing governors in charge of moderate states. Unless they have some glamour-puss candidate their lazy tail voters stay home. Then they take to the streets to demonstrate about the results of an election they could have easily won had they bothered to participate in it.
I would argue that many didn't think Clinton would have made a difference in their lives, so they stayed home.

Old 12-08-2016, 09:07 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,677,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I wasn't an enthusiastic Hillary supporter and I think she ran an obviously lousy campaign. But her loss goes much deeper than appearances.

This is an excellent article on how Hillary's "allies" actually did a lot of heavy lifting for Trump.

Uniquely Talented: Only the Democrats Could Have Lost to Trump | Fred On Everything

The author is a former Marine and Vietnam vet. I read his columns from time to time and enjoy his writing.

Maybe you will, too.

And as if to highlight the author's point here....

Then there is the insularity of the privileged. Its extent is hard to grasp. It worked mightily for the new President. Hillary has probably never been in a Legion hall with, god, that kind of people; if she had, she might be President. Instead she set a trotline for big donors and hung with the rich. They told her, didn’t they, that she couldn’t lose.

These, like her, knew nothing of the lives of most Americans. Has Bill Kristol hitchhiked in the chill of three a.m. on a secondary road in Appalachia, total wealth twenty-five dollars, hoping sparse traffic would get him to Roanoke? I am accepting bets. I doubt that Katie Couric, or any of the babbling bubble heads, has ever worked in a truck stop or gas station for minimum wage, if that. How many have ever baited a hook, had a paper route, or had to decide between a warm coat with winter coming on or paying the cable?

...Hillary shows again how far she is out of touch. Trump thank yous were to the common man, Hilary thanks the filthy rich.

Clinton thank-you event for top donors

Old 12-08-2016, 09:10 AM

17,004 posts, read 12,589,940 times
He nails part of it. Part of it was also the fixing of the primaries against Bernie which kept many of his fans at home, voting stein, or voting down ballot only.

FWIW IIRC the "America is not the greatest" speech is a bit Michael Moore'esque in its facts.

You cant underestimate the effect of all the lefty loons out looning the rightie loons. Dont underestimate the SJW idiocy at for example Mizzou and them capitulating. Kind of which I had a time machine and could have the college president read what I would have said to the demands... It would have been... EPIC. Of course I am a sarcastic sob and light years from refined.

Old 12-08-2016, 09:11 AM

601 posts, read 592,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
And as if to highlight the author's point here....

Then there is the insularity of the privileged. Its extent is hard to grasp. It worked mightily for the new President. Hillary has probably never been in a Legion hall with, god, that kind of people; if she had, she might be President. Instead she set a trotline for big donors and hung with the rich. They told her, didn’t they, that she couldn’t lose.

These, like her, knew nothing of the lives of most Americans. Has Bill Kristol hitchhiked in the chill of three a.m. on a secondary road in Appalachia, total wealth twenty-five dollars, hoping sparse traffic would get him to Roanoke? I am accepting bets. I doubt that Katie Couric, or any of the babbling bubble heads, has ever worked in a truck stop or gas station for minimum wage, if that. How many have ever baited a hook, had a paper route, or had to decide between a warm coat with winter coming on or paying the cable?

...Hillary shows again how far she is out of touch. Trump thank yous were to the common man, Hilary thanks the filthy rich.

Clinton thank-you event for top donors
Has Trump ever done any of this?? Absolutely not!!

What a steaming load of crap. Both parties have billionaire donors. Many liberal and democrats have hunted, fished, hitchhiked, lived in rural areas, and are so-called "real Americans." But nonetheless, rural Appalachia should not hold more sway, or have a more powerful vote than those in urban and populated areas. That is total bullsh*t, and always will be.

Old 12-08-2016, 09:11 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,677,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I would argue that many didn't think Clinton would have made a difference in their lives, so they stayed home.
For many voters, Hilary was the epitome of what they despised in our current crop of selfish, greedy, corrupt, lying, duplicitous politicians in Washington DC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies