Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2016, 05:43 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,338,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
Sorry Hillary lost.
Don't be. I'm more upset about Bernie. Love that guy.

Now about the actual post??? OH I SEE. You're being dismissive and insulting because you assuming a motivation of writing that doesn't exist. Silly pirate. Kiss kiss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2016, 05:45 AM

89,106 posts, read 44,928,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
But they do.
No, they don't. Read the Constitution, the federal government has no powers or responsibilities except those specifically enumerated in the Constitution. Everything else is delegated to the states as each sees fit via the 10th Amendment.

https://www.google.com/url?q=https:/...44ShRg0a1V7FXQ

Old 12-10-2016, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No, they don't. Read the Constitution, the federal government has no powers or responsibilities except those specifically enumerated in the Constitution. Everything else is delegated to the states as each sees fit via the 10th Amendment.

https://www.google.com/url?q=https:/...44ShRg0a1V7FXQ
Are you arguing that the fed doesn't give states money for programs in roads, education, medical care etc? I understand what the Constitution says. I'm talking about today's reality.

Old 12-10-2016, 05:49 AM

1,850 posts, read 822,387 times
Quote:
federal programs are instituted at the state level
This is fascinating stuff! LMAO

Old 12-10-2016, 05:51 AM

89,106 posts, read 44,928,596 times
Quote:
Are you arguing that the fed doesn't give states money for programs in roads, education, medical care etc? I understand what the Constitution says. I'm talking about today's reality.
I'm saying they have no Constitutional authority to tax, implement, administer, and/or distribute federal tax money for what Constitutionally should be states' programs. Not in the Constitution? The federal government can't do it.

Old 12-10-2016, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I'm saying they have no Constitutional authority to tax, implement, administer, and/or distribute federal tax money for what Constitutionally should be states' programs. Not in the Constitution? The federal government can't do it.
But does the fed do it currently? The answer is yes.

Old 12-10-2016, 05:58 AM

1,850 posts, read 822,387 times
Quote:
(random links that I ignored)
No, I don't think you get what I'm laughing at. You're, as usual, attempting to talk out of both sides of your mouth. You're jumping from federal to state and back again and shoveling more and more BS as it becomes obvious that your argument is breaking down. Like all liberals, you're just talking in circles and hoping that people either lose interest in what you're saying or get fed up and leave. It's comical.

Old 12-10-2016, 05:59 AM

16,762 posts, read 8,231,655 times
I just love the states rights argument. What should be the state programs which should not be funded with Federal tax dollars? Taxes such as tariffs have been around since the beginning of the country. The SCOTUS has shown that taxes are allowed to be tendered.

I like the OP's idea and it needs to be expanded.

Old 12-10-2016, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njquestions View Post
No, I don't think you get what I'm laughing at. You're, as usual, attempting to talk out of both sides of your mouth. You're jumping from federal to state and back again and shoveling more and more BS as it becomes obvious that your argument is breaking down. Like all liberals, you're just talking in circles and hoping that people either lose interest in what you're saying or get fed up and leave. It's comical.
Its comical that you can't rebut what I am saying using facts!

Those links posted were so chosen to show both sides of the issue at hand. That might be a foreign concept to you and if so, feel free to ignore it.

The amount of hate you harbor is disturbing. You follow me around this board, waiting to jump on every word I write. I suggest you find new meat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies