Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 10:34 PM

50,239 posts, read 46,997,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Block food distribution into the Leftist urban areas for a few weeks and see what happens.
We had one good power outage and the masses were ready to kill each other to get food and gas. Scary and hilarious all at the same time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2016, 10:36 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,701,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njquestions View Post
Sure, nobody would mind it if blue voters said this and then stayed in blue states with blue policies. But they don't. They say this while forcing blue policies on the flyover states that they claim they don't care about. Why don't you just keep your nose in your amazingly awesome blue state, like you told the red states to do? OMG, did I just describe how to follow the Constitution and federalism? It's almost like magic!
I would be very fine with that. Very fine indeed. And if we could determine a calculation where each state gave the exact same percentage and we didn't have blue states funding red states, that would be even better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Block food distribution into the Leftist urban areas for a few weeks and see what happens.
DO IT. Let blue states keep their money within blue states and we'll let them know if there's anything they have that we want to buy. But they'll be competing with the rest of the world so they should bid carefully.

Old 12-09-2016, 10:38 PM

1,850 posts, read 819,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I would be very fine with that. Very fine indeed. And if we could determine a calculation where each state gave the exact same percentage and we didn't have blue states funding red states, that would be even better.
We don't need such a calculation. Since you'd be supporting your own state and the federal government role would be quite limited, you don't even need to worry. See how conservatism always works? Thanks for agreeing with me.

Old 12-09-2016, 10:42 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
A lot of government subsidies go to farmers. I would rather my taxes stay in my blue state and farmers can do as they wish using their own money that they earn on their own without my taxes supplementing them.
The subsidies are used to help control the market so their isn't wild fluctuations in the supply chain and the ultimate beneficiary is the consumer. The farmers have no choice but to participate as they would have a huge competitive disadvantage otherwise.

Old 12-09-2016, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
We had one good power outage and the masses were ready to kill each other to get food and gas. Scary and hilarious all at the same time.
What amazed me about Sandy was so many of those people lacked the foresight to even bottle up some water. The same thing can even be said about New Orleans after Katrina.

Old 12-09-2016, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
The subsidies are used to help control the market so their isn't wild fluctuations in the supply chain and the ultimate beneficiary is the consumer. The farmers have no choice but to participate as they would have a huge competitive disadvantage otherwise.
Sorry, no. Let blue states keep their money and farmers can bid against the rest of the world. We don't owe them a thing and all this "They need us!!!" is a waste of time.

Old 12-09-2016, 10:47 PM

Quote:
This is utter BS, those farm subsidies for example benefit the consumers where you live and everywhere else.

Quote:
DO IT. Let blue states keep their money within blue states and we'll let them know if there's anything they have that we want to buy. But they'll be competing with the rest of the world so they should bid carefully.
If you think importing resources is the answer and being under the thumb of organizations like OPEC have a blast.

Old 12-09-2016, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Sorry, no. Let blue states keep their money and farmers can bid against the rest of the world.
LOL..... you'd be competing against the rest of the world for that product. Make sure you bid well.

Largest Food Exports By Country - WorldAtlas.com

Old 12-09-2016, 10:51 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,803,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
Heard this tonight in an online game.

Amazing how stupid liberals are. I've always noticed the coastal states require safe spaces, tons of regulation, and supervision, but much of the interior of the country is far more live and let live, and do your own thing.
Only if "your own thing" is attending a fundamentalist Baptist church, marrying a person of the opposite sex even if you aren't attracted to them, and saying no to the wacky tobacckey.

Old 12-09-2016, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
This is utter BS, those farm subsidies for example benefit the consumers where you live and everywhere else.

If you think importing resources is the answer and being under the thumb of organizations like OPEC have a blast.
OPEC distributes food? Look, farmers can bid against other countries. If I can buy cherries from South America at Costco, I can buy eggs locally, etc. We don't need to give farmers subsidies. If farmers have a product to sell, they can sell it at prevailing rates against an open market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies