Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 04:23 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Oh geez I don't know maybe GOP voters think my vote is based on handouts or my "amigos", why wouldn't i vote for the person that thinks I live in a war zone and I am rapist.
As far as south America goes in general for the last 10 years their economies are doing a lot better under the center left governments that they were under the US backed puppet governments of the 70's to mid 90's turns out they didn't miss the killing squads

The GOP has not called Latinos here legally, rapists, etc. This lie has continued on for far too long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2016, 04:27 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,274,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The GOP has not called Latinos here legally, rapists, etc. This lie has continued on for far too long.
Most Hispanic's in this country legally are smart enough to know that despite the lies. That's why when many said Trump was only going to get 2-3 percent of the Latino vote, he received more Latino votes than Romney did.

Old 12-09-2016, 04:29 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
I don't speak for the GOP or anyone else but I'm against more mass immigration. I am against demographic changing immigration and overpopulation. And it matters who and where immigrants are coming from. There's just no sense in allowing muslims to immigrate into America.

Why should any multigenerational American support more immigration? They are eating Americans' lunch, net Democrat voters for a vile party, and tend to be unpatriotic and un-American, tend to dislike majority Americans and favor their own groups, and they refuse to ever support closing the immigration door behind them.

If I despised Americans and America I couldn't think of a better thing to do than our current immigration policy.

Old 12-09-2016, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
I honestly cannot even believe this is a question. Republicans are almost always against immigration and some politicians have made very ignorant comments. Why a minority would ever vote Republican is beyond me.

WTH are you talking about? Republicans aren't opposed to legal immigration in reasonable numbers and immigrants that will be a benefit not a burden or not a threat to our society. Do you lefties just make up this stuff as you go along?

Old 12-09-2016, 04:35 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,274,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I don't speak for the GOP or anyone else but I'm against more mass immigration. I am against demographic changing immigration. And it matters who and where immigrants are coming from.

Why should any multigenerational American support more immigration? They are eating Americans' lunch, net Democrat voters for a vile party, and tend to be unpatriotic and un-American, tend to dislike majority Americans and favor their own groups, and they refuse to ever support closing the immigration door behind them.
And this is why legal immigration is monitored and needs to be carefully implemented. The purpose of legal immigration is to benefit the United States and bring people here that are needed in specific job markets. That's why there is a process where the immigrants must show they will have a job, a place to live and so on and pay a fee to immigrate here.
Legal immigrants are allowed in within limited numbers where they will assimilate with the existing population and learn the English language which will only benefit them.
This is obviously not the case with illegal immigration where it's a free for all and people do not assimilate.

10,097 posts, read 10,008,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Most Hispanic's in this country legally are smart enough to know that despite the lies. That's why when many said Trump was only going to get 2-3 percent of the Latino vote, he received more Latino votes than Romney did.
That stupid lie was peddled like the hands up don't shoot narrative of Ferguson. Anyone with a brain knows that all Trump meant is that with the lax immigration policies crime has seeped in through the border and it includes drug trafficking and rapists that slip in. It didn't mean and never meant that ALL illegals come through are criminals. It got so bad, that the media spun it to mean that Trump was talking about ALL immigrants illegal or not. It was so disingenuous.

Even then the liberals countered with a spurious claim that illegals cause less crime than natives, while forgetting that people in the country illegally are breaking the law by skipping the line. Most, if they're working, are engaging in some sort of identity fraud. Even if they were all buddhinst monks that wouldn't hurt a fly it wouldn't make a difference. Even if they only contributed 1% of all crime, that's still 1% of crime that shouldn't be here.

I mean the level in which they defend something indefensible proves to me that they just hate the law. Just admit that you guys hate the immigration laws and think they're unfair because you don't like the notion of borders or that people should have freedom of movement across borders to look for work. Just say that instead of engaging in mental gymnastics to prove your point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Most Jewish people believe in social justice and fighting for civil rights of minorities, due to the history of their people, which is why they vote liberal. The conservative tendency, especially now with Trump as president, to scapegoat "the others" for the country's problems, feels all too familiar to people a generation or two removed from the holocaust.

Most Latinos, even if not from an immigrant family themselves, sympathize with the plight of immigrants, and as such see conservative scapegoating for what it is. The only Republican who actually fostered a relationship with Latinos was GWB, and many voted for him, because both he and his father saw value in immigration to the US and the values Latino immigrants bring to our country.

Illegal aliens aren't "immigrants" and those Latinos that support them are those with a tribal, ethnocentric mentality that trumps our immigration laws. And that's a good thing? No one has said that Latino "immigrants" aren't of value to our country. You and others like you can't seem to separate legal from illegal and illegal aliens are no benefit.

Old 12-09-2016, 04:37 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,444,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Could you name them? Would they be a fiscal burden to our society? The devils in the details you know.
Yes..I can. I live in Twin Falls Idaho--there is an active Refugee settlement center at The College of Southern Idaho. I've seen Eritreans, Somalians, Indonesians, Burmese, Fiji Islanders and Bangladesh people here..they work, play and participate in our community. Some are Moslem...some are not. Nobody trips out at the sight of a hajib in the Albertson's.

Very few are on the welfare roles--and irony is that the only locals that oppose their presence probably have more of a drain on our community than the immigrants. There are a lot of folks a couple of hundred miles to the North that have issues..but they don't live here..so screw 'em.

BTW..here in Twin we have an unemployment rate of about 2.9%.

https://ycharts.com/indicators/twin_...mployment_rate

Old 12-09-2016, 04:38 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
Quote:
And this is why legal immigration is monitored and needs to be carefully implemented. The purpose of legal immigration is to benefit the United States and bring people here that are needed in specific job markets. That's why there is a process where the immigrants must show they will have a job, a place to live and so on and pay a fee to immigrate here.
Legal immigrants are allowed in within limited numbers where they will assimilate with the existing population and learn the English language which will only benefit them.
This is obviously not the case with illegal immigration where it's a free for all and people do not assimilate.
But it-serving the needs and interests of Americans- has not been the case with legal immigration since 1965.

Old 12-09-2016, 04:41 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,008,466 times
Quote:
This view of immigration is so alien to average Americans because the liberals in this country have made it seem as though immigration is just a basic human right in which all can engage. If you talk to people on the street they're under the assumption that we just have an open border world. They don't get that US policy toward immigration is what you outlined above. If you told them that they'd think you're racist and are peddling right wing nonsense!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies