Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 07:26 AM

575 posts, read 298,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
among the others opposing the project are those who are not exactly known for environmental crusading: Former u.s.house majority leader dick armey and his wife are the lead plaintiffs.
nimby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Can you name one of the ideologically radical people at the EPA? The public has a right to know. Please tell us.
The EPA did an in depth study of DDT. They interviewed 150 scientists and looked at dozens of studies. The EPA scientist heading this study concluded that DDT had very little risk to the environment and was safe and effective. William Ruckelshaus, who headed the EPA, did not attend a single hearing or read the study, yet he ordered the ban of DDT.

He was the first of these ideological radicals. He was a lawyer, not a scientist, and was a fan of Silent Spring prior to his EPA appointment and prior to being presented, but not reading, the EPA study saying DDT was safe.

Forbes Welcome

8,090 posts, read 6,960,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njquestions View Post
Notice that this is a lot of bluster with no substance. By the way, usually when someone "settles" science, at least one of their predictions should come true. LMAO
Tell me, how many hours of Google searching makes you more qualified to assess the causes of global warming than the workd's climate scientists? Apparently you've reached it. I'd like to hit that threshold.

Old 12-09-2016, 07:27 AM

1,850 posts, read 820,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Tell me, how many hours of Google searching makes you more qualified to assess the causes of global warming than the workd's climate scientists? Apparently you've reached it. I'd like to hit that threshold.
So which prediction came true again? SCIENCE.

Old 12-09-2016, 07:28 AM

45,230 posts, read 26,431,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
^This post is worthless without a copy and paste chart

Old 12-09-2016, 07:28 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatandFlat View Post
Exxon Mobil CEO: No fracking near my backyard

Exxon Mobil CEO: No fracking near my backyard
You should read the story-not just the headline from a left-wing blog. He was complaining about the 150 foot water tower that would be built next door to his property. There wasn't even fracking going on there. It would be used to hold water that would be USED for fracking elsewhere.

Understandable why he wouldn't want a 150 foot water tower next door-it's as ugly and out of place as an idiotic wind turbine would be there.

Old 12-09-2016, 07:29 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,117,757 times
Quote:
Finalmove,

Can you give a specific example of rogue behavior at the EPA?
Wyoming man wins EPA lawsuit over stock pond | News | wyomingnews.com

I wonder why you ask for a "specific link" when you have Google as well.

Here's another:

EPA-Poisoned River Not Safe Months Later | The Daily Caller

Clearly the inmates have been running the asylum for the past 8-years.

Old 12-09-2016, 07:31 AM

1,850 posts, read 820,321 times
Next he's going to be like "can you prove that the EPA has ever created a regulation??" And then "can you prove the EPA exists??" And then "where am I??"

Old 12-09-2016, 07:33 AM

18,491 posts, read 9,157,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Didn't Glaciers cover much of North America about 20k years ago?

Seems like Climate Change has been around for a few million years.
Yes, it's true. It's the pace of human-caused climate change which is hazardous:

https://xkcd.com/1732/

Old 12-09-2016, 07:33 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,117,757 times
Quote:
Can you name one of the ideologically radical people at the EPA? The public has a right to know. Please tell us.
You always respond with a question you think can't easily be answered. We're on to you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies